TPD delay or wrong

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
thertzel

Just lost money on TPD
1.PNG
Number 2 won
Dallas

It was only beaten by a 'neck' so was well within the margin of error you need to allow for GPS data and you've just been unlucky on this occasion time
thertzel

There are GPS receivers that are so exact that the tolerance is +- 1cm. Since tpd receivers apparently seem to be as exact as mobile phones I see no use in paying all that money for using the data.
Euler

TPD use two in each saddlecoth to make them as accurate as possible, but if you are using them to judge small distances, you are going to have to build tolerances into them. It's just not realistic to bet or trade on those tolerances, it sort of misses the point of all that glorious data that they pump out.
wearthefoxhat

thertzel wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:26 pm
Just lost money on TPD

1.PNG

Number 2 won

Just watched a re-run of that race.

Jens boy kicked 2 lengths clear off the final bend (1 to jump), as they approached the last hurdle, the actual winner jumped to the front before the last hurdle and was never headed on the short run in, albeit a close finish in the end.

Would be interesting to see what the TPD showed on that one before the final hurdle was jumped.

Just guessing, it probably flashed up a clear advantage around the bend, so those that acted on that information would have quickly seen it change within seconds.
thertzel

My bot was kicking in when Jens Boy was leading with over 8m.
If it now was 8m? Could have been 3m or less.
I have also seen delays in TPD data several times. And I am not the first one.
It misses the point to offer this service if it is not more correct than this. It is just a clever way to make money until people realise that it is not trustworthy.
Euler

Bet Angel recieves no funding at all from TPD, we have just integrated for people to use. There is no incentive for us to promote it's use.

I realise it's painful to take a loss, but you have to be realistic when using data and expect odd things to happen now and again. You have to trap those errors and work within tolerances. Just the same as if you automate something in a market. Strange and odd things will happen. You need to account for that.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:09 pm
, it sort of misses the point of all that glorious data that they pump out.
Exactly. Too much emphasis on individual races. If anyone sees a bias over the 900 a month then pls post the stats here because it would be gold dust.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:13 pm
. Strange and odd things will happen. You need to account for that.
Or accept it. Automation is about the 90% in the middle and trying to trap edge case can sometimes impact on that. Automation is dumb and occasionally does dumb things, that's the price you pay.

(I'm not doubting you can reduce the edge cases, it's just not especially easy)
thertzel

I put this thread up to warn people who want to try TPD to be careful. I have been working with electronics for 40 years so I know what can be expected. When I write that you should be able to expect more from TPD, I do that from a very realistic stand point. I have lost money before so that do not become me very much. I usually make my money from watching racing on video. This I will continue with. For all you who want to have more data I suggest that you buy the services of TPD and try it out. I will not. If anyone wants to live in a dream world where you think it is possible to guard yourselves against poor GPS quality, well that is up to you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
thertzel

Btw: I think that Betangel is an excellent software that offers a lot of creative tools to play around with. Including TPD.
Would it be possible to get the horse race winners presented in the software?
jamesedwards

The initial mistake that I made was assuming TPD is about smashing 1.01 on the winner a second ahead of everyone else. It is far more than that. The plethora of data is far bigger an edge than the time advantage over live stream.
thertzel

That is great. Good luck!
Avenger21

Finding same problem
not 9 but 12.JPG
Clearly shows 12 is in third place on map but won
Avenger21

Am I doing something wrong next race shows number 3 won but was third on mapImage
Attachments
3 won but showed a in third place on map.JPG

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”