Lay horses that trip or fall, i need help please

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
fatboyeno

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:15 pm
fatboyeno wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:23 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:03 pm

The bigger irony is that a method that should never lose has lost twice, but they were just mistakes that won't happen again. ;)

I've often wondered why there are so many ex-military people on here, but perhaps the similarity is that you only have one life to lose on the battlefield and you only have one bank to lose on the exchange. :)
Atleast im honest? Mistakes were my own, and i adapted now i havent had that mistake again.. Yet 😅

Go out and fail, blow a bank or 2, its fine if you understand how and why and adapt.

Funny how you guys take the piss while fishing for info 🎣 im happy to say how it works, and wanted to automate also.

Couple grand is what i can afford to lose so thats it, im not risking 20k
Most of us learn valuable lessons by losing 10% or so of our bank. Some people blow their bank and learn not to risk an entire bank on one market but it's a lesson you don't need to learn the hard way.
Whole bank yes, if inused 2% or 5% id not cover my fees to be there. I only use £2000.
Anyway i have won that back multiple times i could lose it all and be ok now.

Iv lost more trying to pre race trade
Derek27

fatboyeno wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:08 pm
Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:45 pm
fatboyeno wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:40 pm

Cheers i didnt open the post to brag my wins vs losses
We just think these types of Risk vs Reward ratios are folly, plain and simple

But then again, so is trying to talk people out of it
I get that, let me into a stratergy that you see as better risk reward ratio, im all ears. Id actually like you to now tell me a winning formula and let me try pick it apart as that seems the plan for this thread.

So go on tell me and ill happily look at it. Please
If you think you have a winning strategy there are two things you can do with it. You can talk about it or you can use it. You can only pick holes in the former, it's for your Betfair balance to pick holes in the latter.

In the case of a half-baked idea you can only talk about it and people will pick holes in it. That shouldn't be unexpected or considered negative because even highly successful botters have said for every 20 ideas they've had, 19 were failures.
Last edited by Derek27 on Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fatboyeno

By the way im 40 yo not 15, many years im stocks and crypto, horses is fun for me so dont worry about me.

I just wanted automation help 😂 not argue about my stratergy
Derek27

fatboyeno wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:19 pm
Derek27 wrote:
fatboyeno wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:23 pm

Atleast im honest? Mistakes were my own, and i adapted now i havent had that mistake again.. Yet 😅

Go out and fail, blow a bank or 2, its fine if you understand how and why and adapt.

Funny how you guys take the piss while fishing for info 🎣 im happy to say how it works, and wanted to automate also.

Couple grand is what i can afford to lose so thats it, im not risking 20k
Most of us learn valuable lessons by losing 10% or so of our bank. Some people blow their bank and learn not to risk an entire bank on one market but it's a lesson you don't need to learn the hard way.
Whole bank yes, if inused 2% or 5% id not cover my fees to be there. I only use £2000.

You've got it the wrong way around mate. Don't pay entry fees and trade to get them back. Trade to your optimum and then decide if your profits are worth the expenses.
The Silk Run

Why don't you expand your selections and include pulled-up horses. This will require some very good race reading skills.
fatboyeno

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:20 pm
fatboyeno wrote:
Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:45 pm

We just think these types of Risk vs Reward ratios are folly, plain and simple

But then again, so is trying to talk people out of it
I get that, let me into a stratergy that you see as better risk reward ratio, im all ears. Id actually like you to now tell me a winning formula and let me try pick it apart as that seems the plan for this thread.

If you think you have a winning strategy there are two things you can do with it. You can talk about it or you can use it. You can only pick holes in the former, it's for your Betfair balance to pick holes in the latter.

In the case of a half-baked idea you can only talk about it and people will pick holes in it. That shouldn't be unexpected or considered negative because even highly successful botters have said for every 20 ideas they've had, 19 were failures.
Ur pickin holes in live at race trading which we all know works,

My ask was about automation help.
I will keep doing live but i want to earn every day, like you.
fatboyeno

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:25 pm
fatboyeno wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

You've got it the wrong way around mate. Don't pay entry fees and trade to get them back. Trade to your optimum and then decide if your profits are worth the expenses.
I lose trading haha, i can trade crypto now using bots i set and forget.

Track fees are fine when live costs me about 50quid inc fuel and food.

Help me in the direction of trading that you know can work then please?

Ill help you in retrrn.
Pm me and ill show you profit and loss if that helps.
Derek27

fatboyeno wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:
fatboyeno wrote:

I'm not picking holes in any type of trading, just extreme risk/reward ratios. Nothing wrong with tiny profit margins when trading because you're not risking your stake. It's just when you're punting and risking your entire stake or bank. Wins most of the time but the risk is often overlooked.
fatboyeno

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:31 pm
Why don't you expand your selections and include pulled-up horses. This will require some very good race reading skills.
Live by that time odds are gone, too much to watch alone 😭
Kai

fatboyeno wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:22 pm
Fair enough, then try not to reply to each one of Derek's questions. How do you think he got to 20k posts :lol:

He's the type of guy that would pick holes in swiss cheese
fatboyeno

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:41 pm
fatboyeno wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I'm not picking holes in any type of trading, just extreme risk/reward ratios. Nothing wrong with tiny profit margins when trading because you're not risking your stake. It's just when you're punting and risking your entire stake or bank. Wins most of the time but the risk is often overlooked.
I get that risk is overlooked but im past the danger zone, where i can afford to lose a good few times still, luckily

Point me in direction to better risk
Derek27

fatboyeno wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:40 pm
Derek27 wrote:
fatboyeno wrote:

Ill help you in retrrn.
The BA academy is a good source of information. https://www.betangelacademy.com/

I think most people learn to trade manually before automating their trading but there are a few on here who failed as a manual traders but excelled in automation, so don't let that put you off.

Be warned, it's a long road to successful trading. Don't be impatient. :)
fatboyeno

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:45 pm
fatboyeno wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:22 pm
Fair enough, then try not to reply to each one of Derek's questions. How do you think he got to 20k posts :lol:

He's the type of guy that would pick holes in swiss cheese
Haha im starting to see that, but i kinda enjoy it, i dno where the hate coming from, id even let you guys in when im at track next, just listen when i called number then you decide.

I wana automate a winning system
fatboyeno

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:48 pm
fatboyeno wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:40 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Ill help you in retrrn.
The BA academy is a good source of information. https://www.betangelacademy.com/

I think most people learn to trade manually before automating their trading but there are a few on here who failed as a manual traders but excelled in automation, so don't let that put you off.

Be warned, it's a long road to successful trading. Don't be impatient. :)
Ok pre race trading trying to see order flow in last 5 mins, knowing the book overround tries to be at 100 so as money comes in on 1, others go out, depending on % of book they control.

Its just not great returns taking a few ticks or playing crossover points.

What you sujest
fatboyeno

Btw im up 38% in 2 days on tiny bank taking advantage of usa horses being 3 seconds behind tpd

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”