In play Betting Diary Challenge 2022

On_The_Edge

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:04 am
Kai wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:45 am
You would generate more interest (and thus feedback) about your bets if you posted an actual P&L screenie, positive interest that is. Would take far less effort than writing a whole summary for the day, there's really only one way to shut up some of the sceptics.
I've told him that numerous times on this thread. Just a stated P/L rather than a screenshot would be good enough for me, I'd take him on trust. I don't think it's a case of going through one ear and out of the other. It's a case of not penetrating an ear in the first place.

Please treat this post as a PM. OTE won't read it, very few others view this thread and those that do will forget it as soon as they've read it. :)
Ok hope to post my p & l for today later tonight if I have time.

Very busy time at the moment.
On_The_Edge

Some bets tonight:

Back Roma at 1.39 and again at 1.68
Back Roma Half Time market at 1.86
Lay Arsenal at 2.54
Lay Athletic Bilbao at 1.7
Lay Getafe at 2.1 and again at 1.38
Derek27

Some bets tonight:

Backed Look Out Louis, 17:30 Newcastle 6/1 won
Backed Thaki, 19:00 Newcastle 12/1 won

:D
On_The_Edge

You are up my ass all the time Derek
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:03 pm
You are up my ass all the time Derek
I'm not into that sort of thing.
On_The_Edge

Disappointed with myself. Trying to multi task , focusing on other things while putting bets on. And poor emotional control cost me twice. Closed my position in Athletic at 2-1, for a loss instead of sticking to the plan and holding. Finals score 2-2.

Similar mistake at Roma (not entering the market as according to my intended strategy, going in instead at worse time).

Finishing in profit nonetheless
On_The_Edge

Wow unbelievable. Absolutely disgusting . Not sticking to my principles and making poor entry exit points cost me a lions share of profit... esentialy I’m getting a fifth of my potential profit had I stayed in trade with Athletic, let alone Roma. Just goes to demonstrate what a fine line there is between making a good profit and loss.

Average stake used around £12- £15 or so per each entry into market. Very small stakes obviously since I’m simply trialling the system just yet.

Max stake was £25 backing Roma at 1.39.

Will scale up soon
72BA3DAB-31F6-4D41-AA89-2DFA50B144AB.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:39 pm
Wow unbelievable. Absolutely disgusting . Not sticking to my principles and making poor entry exit points cost me a lions share of profit... esentialy I’m getting a fifth of my potential profit had I stayed in trade with Athletic, let alone Roma. Just goes to demonstrate what a fine line there is between making a good profit and loss.

Average stake used around £12- £15 or so per each entry into market. Very small stakes obviously since I’m simply trialling the system just yet.

Max stake was £25 backing Roma at 1.39.

Will scale up soon 72BA3DAB-31F6-4D41-AA89-2DFA50B144AB.png
If you think you're only making a fifth of what you could, don't get angry, annoyed or feel disgusted. Be positive and think there's the potential to do much better when you've got into the habit of sticking to your principles or plan.
Kai

On_The_Edge wrote:
Shoulda, coulda, woulda talk is just hindsight bias eating away at you. Analyze the situation, take the lessons on board if any, try to use them the next day, rinse and repeat.

Nobody can consistently make perfect entries and exits, as a mere mortal you have to settle for optimal ones. It's probably one of the first things traders learn.

Not much else to say, good luck.
Last edited by Kai on Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

I made the mistake a couple of days ago of placing a bet I wouldn't have if I was paying more attention to BLV and realised a VAR penalty check was going on. No getting annoyed, just a valuable lesson learned and a mistake that won't be repeated, unless I've had at least 10 cans of beer. :)
footysystems

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:18 pm
I made the mistake a couple of days ago of placing a bet I wouldn't have if I was paying more attention to BLV and realised a VAR penalty check was going on. No getting annoyed, just a valuable lesson learned and a mistake that won't be repeated, unless I've had at least 10 cans of beer. :)
One golden lesson of trading don't drink 10 cans Derek 🤣
I once drank two bottles of wine and £1200 on Phil Taylor @1.33 knowing nothing about darts and woke the next morning with a bad head and £1200 light.
Kai

Kai wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:06 pm
On_The_Edge wrote:
Shoulda, coulda, woulda talk is just hindsight bias eating away at you. Analyze the situation, take the lessons on board if any, try to use them the next day, rinse and repeat.
Can't stress this enough honestly, an analytical approach works because those lessons soon add up and they can have a compounding effect on your trading ability. Should be a simple no-brainer approach but people don't really do it!

Ignoring the most painful mistakes and lessons maybe makes emotional sense but logically it makes zero sense, since those are probably the lessons you actually need the most. Ignoring it all basically means mindlessly slugging away and repeating the same mistakes over and over with no concrete progress in sight...
wearthefoxhat

Kai wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:12 pm
Kai wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:06 pm
On_The_Edge wrote:
Can't stress this enough honestly, an analytical approach works because those lessons soon add up and they can have a compounding effect on your trading ability. Should be a simple no-brainer approach but people don't really do it!

Ignoring the most painful mistakes and lessons maybe makes emotional sense but logically it makes zero sense, since those are probably the lessons you actually need the most. Ignoring it all basically means mindlessly slugging away and repeating the same mistakes over and over with no concrete progress in sight...

knowing.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On_The_Edge

Some users here were surprised and laughing when I laid Man City against Chelsea last week.

Yesterday I laid Man City at 1.31 against Southampton. Final result 1-1. What can I say. Not so stupid after all, I guess ;)
On_The_Edge

Lay Atletico Madrid before the start of match :

Return to “Sports betting strategies”