In play Betting Diary Challenge 2022

Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:26 pm
Another shot for today. Only 2 trades today , the ones I stayed above. Not going to do anymore shots just to convince haters that I’m not lying.

9E6364D5-8D8C-4874-84EC-23E8546F2DA4.png
Don't you take anything on board? They are not trades, they're bets! And it doesn't prove you only had 2 bets today as there's not date/time.
On_The_Edge

Pat, I’m exaggerating with the haters phrase. I know no-ones really hating.

Too many doubters / simply people who like to mock others for the sake of it.
The Silk Run

I don't have a clue about Football markets, betting or trading but I'm captivated how you have held this discussion thread, and audience together with your charm. Do you have any inside knowledge of the sport.
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:42 pm
Pat, I’m exaggerating with the haters phrase. I know no-ones really hating.

Too many doubters / simply people who like to mock others for the sake of it.
Nobody has actually said they doubted you. You are like a magician who opens a box, looks in and says "yep, it's in there" and moves on without showing the audience. (I've seen somebody do that but he was a magician/comedian).

In all fairness, if you think a long list of bets makes interesting reading you can't blame anyone for mocking you, especially when you haven't taken a blind bit of notice of what others say. It wouldn't be so bad if the World Cup was on and we were all watching these matches but you're picking obscure matches that few people will have an opinion on.
Euler

I know these threads are frustrating for season hardened professionals. But don't you think it clearly illustrates a key point about the way the market works and why we still exist and how I'm still doing well 22 years after I opened my Betfair account.

It's interesting, isn't it? Even if you have proven skill and expertise, trying to impart that to certain types of people is almost impossible. Like I said on the other thread, it's like telling somebody not to jump because they will die. So they do it anyhow to prove you wrong.
footysystems

Euler wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:56 pm
I know these threads are frustrating for season hardened professionals. But don't you think it clearly illustrates a key point about the way the market works and why we still exist and how I'm still doing well 22 years after I opened my Betfair account.

It's interesting, isn't it? Even if you have proven skill and expertise, trying to impart that to certain types of people is almost impossible. Like I said on the other thread, it's like telling somebody not to jump because they will die. So they do it anyhow to prove you wrong.
It's not a bad thing Peter some people have to learn,it's can be expensive way to learn but it is what it is...
Kai

Euler wrote:
Even if you have proven skill and expertise, trying to impart that to certain types of people is almost impossible.
Or to people at a certain stage of their journey, like they say, you can explain it to them but you cannot understand it for them.

A bit surprised to see people so frustrated with the thread, maybe I've seen these types of approaches too many times.
Kai

The Silk Run wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:50 pm
Do you have any inside knowledge of the sport.
I think that's exactly the issue, we all at some point feel like we have some special inside knowledge of football and so we feel entitled to profit.

It's literally the very first thing I tried on the exchange, to profit from my football knowledge alone. And no, being an armchair football fan did not automatically make me a good trader.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:48 am
Euler wrote:
Even if you have proven skill and expertise, trying to impart that to certain types of people is almost impossible.
Or to people at a certain stage of their journey, like they say, you can explain it to them but you cannot understand it for them.

A bit surprised to see people so frustrated with the thread, maybe I've seen these types of approaches too many times.
I'm not frustrated by this thread. I was just fascinated as to why he thinks anyone's interested in his bets in minute detail. He's convinced some people are or may be. :roll:
jimibt

i scanned the 2 threads on this same topic the other day and have a few observations (which may have been proposed in the thread -didn't read ALL messages)

1. Rather than ping up bets, approach this as a proper diary and detail your thoughts, along with the bets
2. format each of your entries along the lines of Winning bets, losing bets, conclusion
3. retain a spreadsheet or some sort of ledger that records all of your bets, including cancelled bets - this can help form a picture of what you were thinking at the time
4. prepare to debate your conclusions and choices - you've entered a friendly but ultimately seasoned knowledge base
5. maybe amend the opening article to highlight how you approach each game, what analysis techniques you employ, which techniques you reject and why.. etc

getting the tenets of your territory defined will make this excercise all the more useful for yourself if you put some structure around your mission.

good luck and even if you don't agree with any of my recommendations, at least try and understand why they might help deflect some of the flak you're seeing by adopting some sort of disciplined and rational approach.
On_The_Edge

Ok so last night I Backed Gaziantep at 1.75 against Malatyaspor ( as written in pre kick off challenge).

Earlier today before kick off I looked at the line ups, and my opinion of the odds changed, I realised that back Gazi isn’t that good anymore. This came from the knowledge of the way Gazi like to play , the players they have available and also bad weather conditions.

Especially after contrasting and comparing with the relevant odds in the Malatyaspor vs Goztepe from a week ago.

I still let my position go inplay, to wait and observe how the first half is playing out. After about 25 min I traded out and closed my position (laid at 1.92). And then a little later I Laid Gaziantep at 2.06 (a bit too late sure, but I haven’t really watched the match).

Absolute chaos on the pitch and chaotic end to first half. Malatya missed a penalty in atrocious weather conditions - heavy snow.

Under 1.5 goals is also likely.
On_The_Edge

Match abandoned at half time because of snow
On_The_Edge

Laid Malatyaspor at 2.06, Back at 2.40 - profit but voided

Lazio vs Udinese - Laid Lazio at 1.80 (won)
Konyaspor vs Adana - Laid Konya at 1.40 (lost)
Betis vs Alaves - Laid Betis at 1.60 (lost)
Juventus vs Sampdoria - Back Juventus at 1.39 (won)
St Pauli vs Dortmund- Lay St Pauli at 1.70, back at 1.84 - profit
Brighton vs Chelsea - Lay Chelsea at 1.32, remove liability by Back Chelsea at 3.65 - profit

Some profit from trading Under goal markets at Betis and Dortmund.

Finishing the day in profit overall.
Kai

You would generate more interest (and thus feedback) about your bets if you posted an actual P&L screenie, positive interest that is. Would take far less effort than writing a whole summary for the day, there's really only one way to shut up some of the sceptics.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:45 am
You would generate more interest (and thus feedback) about your bets if you posted an actual P&L screenie, positive interest that is. Would take far less effort than writing a whole summary for the day, there's really only one way to shut up some of the sceptics.
I've told him that numerous times on this thread. Just a stated P/L rather than a screenshot would be good enough for me, I'd take him on trust. I don't think it's a case of going through one ear and out of the other. It's a case of not penetrating an ear in the first place.

Please treat this post as a PM. OTE won't read it, very few others view this thread and those that do will forget it as soon as they've read it. :)

Return to “Sports betting strategies”