In play Betting Diary Challenge 2022

On_The_Edge

So I decided to create a new thread to document entirely my inplay bets. As rightly pointed out, my other thread got confusing with me mixing both pre kick off and inplay.

Sun 16 Jan currently live positions:

Lay Cercle Brugge (Laid at 1.80)
Lay Lyon at 1.79
Back Az Alkmaar at 1.54

Will post later tonight earlier inplay trades from today .
Trader Pat

Not sure what you want people to make of these posts?

Your posting all these bets but offer no explanation of the logic (if any) behind them. Seems to me you're just throwing a load of darts at a dartboard and taking credit for the ones that stick.

If you want people to take you seriously explain why you're taking these positions and put up a running total of your P&L. Otherwise its just noise that impossible to follow and make any sense of.
Euler

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:43 pm

Your posting all these bets but offer no explanation of the logic (if any) behind them. Seems to me you're just throwing a load of darts at a dartboard and taking credit for the ones that stick.

If you want people to take you seriously explain why you're taking these positions and put up a running total of your P&L. Otherwise its just noise that impossible to follow and make any sense of.
That's more of less my angle on it. I think the OP has completely mis-read what this forum is about.
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:31 pm
So I decided to create a new thread to document entirely my inplay bets. As rightly pointed out, my other thread got confusing with me mixing both pre kick off and inplay.

Sun 16 Jan currently live positions:

Lay Cercle Brugge (Laid at 1.80)
Lay Lyon at 1.79
Back Az Alkmaar at 1.54

Will post later tonight earlier inplay trades from today .
My advice was to replace the word 'challenge' with 'diary', but you left it in? What exactly do you mean by challenge?
Trader Pat

I think these threads have some value. Maybe an area could be created on the forum for challenges / systems.

Cautionary tale for newbies if nothing else.
On_The_Edge

Lay Arminia Bielefeld at 1.37 and then again at 2.38
Lay Galatasaray at 1.50
On_The_Edge

Pat, quiet frankly I don’t have time to write my thoughts about why I do these bets, especially since they are done inplay.

The overall idea is that I’m backing / laying when I see some value in the odds, based on my experience from watching football and the markets , following various football leagues and teams, teams’ lineups, missing and available players, comparison of match odds between different teams , and recent historical patterns .

And this is called challenge since I decided to trial it without watching the matches (mostly). Just back or lay depending on the odds. I’ve never tried this approach before. This is new.
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:16 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:43 pm

That's more of less my angle on it. I think the OP has completely mis-read what this forum is about.
Y, I don't think we need any further threads popping up cluttering up the forum, probably best to keep them all contained in one thread

It's reminding me of when Grossmark used to pepper the forum with countless threads with dozens of posts that no one could actually understand
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:40 pm
Pat, quiet frankly I don’t have time to write my thoughts about why I do these bets, especially since they are done inplay.
What exactly is the point in posting your bets? Do you think anyone's going to be following them to see how you're doing? You don't even keep a tally!
On_The_Edge

And also, I don’t want to offer detailed explanations as to what I’m doing as that will give away my perceived edge.

In my other thread some people found it amusing that I laid Man City at 1.64. Well I stand by my opinion that this was a value bet. No way that when tow roughly equally matches teams meet, one of those should be such strong favourite.

Fairer odds would have been around 2 - 2.2 at the start.
Euler

On_The_Edge wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:40 pm

The overall idea is that I’m backing / laying when I see some value in the odds, based on my experience from watching football and the markets , following various football leagues and teams, teams’ lineups, missing and available players, comparison of match odds between different teams , and recent historical patterns .

And this is called challenge since I decided to trial it without watching the matches (mostly). Just back or lay depending on the odds. I’ve never tried this approach before. This is new.
But I think the point is nobody understands why you are doing it. You won't make any money with this approach and ultimately this forum is populated with people who bet and trade for a living so we are not sure what the point of this thread is?

We tend to discuss different angles, information, strategies and so on. None of us have a diary or challeneges.
On_The_Edge

What makes you so sure I won’t make money? Can you see the future?
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:51 pm
And also, I don’t want to offer detailed explanations as to what I’m doing as that will give away my perceived edge.
:lol: :lol: :lol: So you admit your edge is nothing more than a perception but you still want to hang onto it!
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:58 pm
Yes, we can actually. There are some telltale signs. I did this but I should have done that is a very newbie/amateurish thought when it keeps cropping up. The prices you take could be another reason people feel you won't make money. Also, you don't even keep score, an essential part of any challenge.
Last edited by Derek27 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

On_The_Edge wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:58 pm
The forum is full of people who are experts in prediction. People who collectively bet hundreds of millions a year on their judgements.

I'm pretty sure you are in the wrong place for this.

Return to “Sports betting strategies”