In play Betting Diary Challenge 2022

Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:47 pm
Lay Atletico Madrid before the start of match :
Your bets you tell us about after the result seem to do a lot better. ;)
Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On_The_Edge

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:12 pm
On_The_Edge wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:47 pm
Lay Atletico Madrid before the start of match :
Your bets you tell us about after the result seem to do a lot better. ;)

Capture.GIF
I closed my position at 0-2.

Yes, I wanted to use my profit to lay Valencia. Yes, I admit I was too chicken to do it. I knew I should have according to my strategy , but I didn’t feel like risking my profit. Yes, I admit I struggle with trading psychology quite often. Yes, I admit it’s costing me much larger profits all the time.

This match was similar to Seville vs Celta Vigo earlier, from which I nicely profited.

And before you express your doubt again, I’ll post a photo of my Valencia profit below.
On_The_Edge

Here:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:42 pm
Here:
Why are you so secretive about the other markets, to the extent that you've edited your P/Ls out, but you're happy to waste hours of your time posting bets past and present?

It's fine for recreational gamblers to talk about their wins, and not so much about their losses. But if you want to take trading seriously I reckon you'd do better to fully focus on your trading instead of posting all your bets/opening trades, proof of profits, even proof of placing bets to the forum.

If you're struggling with trading psychology, this forum's not short of advice from experienced people who are always willing to help if you start a thread about it. Posting all your bets in a diary 'challenge' isn't the best way forward. Most people who start 'diarys' on this forum are usually asking for feedback and opinions, but you came on here posting all your bets, full of confidence in what you're doing, so that may have resulted in some confusion and ridicule.
On_The_Edge

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:27 am
On_The_Edge wrote:
Here:
Why are you so secretive about the other markets, to the extent that you've edited your P/Ls out, but you're happy to waste hours of your time posting bets past and present?
I’m taking it all extremely seriously. It’s just I don’t like posting p and l since I’m trialling it using small stakes for now. I only posted that one market because I mentioned it above and then you expressed doubts about it...
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:57 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:27 am
On_The_Edge wrote:
Here:
I’m taking it all extremely seriously. It’s just I don’t like posting p and l since I’m trialling it using small stakes for now. I only posted that one market because I mentioned it above and then you expressed doubts about it...
I'm not doubting your bets. I'm just saying it's pointless aftertiming, whether it's true or not.
On_The_Edge

Evening everyone, I haven’t updated for a few days so I thought I’d post some more bets I’ve done today and annoy everyone ;)

Today 26 Jan:
Laid Anderlecht at 1.94 - won
Laid Angers at 2.4 - won
Backed Sporting at 1.53 - won
Laid Standard at 2.54 - lost

Challenge going along nicely and in profit since I’ve started.
footysystems

Doesn't mean anything to me after timing is rather boring these days tbh
On_The_Edge

footysystems wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:02 pm
I already posted screenshots in answer to Dereks doubts earlier. You people are incredulous bunch. For what purpose would people fabricate their trades on here anyway? I don’t see the point.

In any case not interested in proving anything further, your choice to believe me or not. This is inplay challenge which means I often have neither time nor inclination to post every trade I make.
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:42 pm
footysystems wrote:
I already posted screenshots in answer to Dereks doubts earlier. You people are incredulous bunch. For what purpose would people fabricate their trades on here anyway? I don’t see the point.

In any case not interested in proving anything further, your choice to believe me or not. This is inplay challenge which means I often have neither time nor inclination to post every trade I make.
I never expressed doubt, I was just saying it's pointless posting bets without a P/L. Who's wants to know? Who's even interested? Many of the teams you bet on are obscure and unheard of.
jamesg46

Looks like On_The_Edge is stuck in one of those infinite Derek loops.

I know how you’re feeling On_The_Edge, I’ve been there. He reminds me of this old lady I used to deliver papers to as a boy. There was no avoiding her, she was always in the kitchen window (which looked out onto her garden path)…. I never once pushed a paper through her letterbox. The door would open & the old lady would appear with a fresh batch of coconut cake… and the same conversation as the previous days would commence for the next 30 or so mins.

Lovely lady but for a good two years I ate the same coconut cake, suffered the same bollocking because of people complaining their paper was late & listened to the same stories. Seems well worth it now, at least someone had the time of day for her.

Anyway, you’re sort of in the same loop with Derek, he’s just a grumpier version. He asks you who’s interested in your posts but of course he knows deep down that he is. You see none of us have to open the door to your thread but Derek is constantly in the forum window waiting on you to either reply or post.

Don’t eat Dereks coconut cake, it’s baked by an egocentric.
foxwood

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:21 am
You see none of us have to open the door to your thread ...
Damn - I opened the door again :lol:
Trader Pat

On_The_Edge wrote:
footysystems wrote:
New 'systems' appear all the time in fact one only appeared yesterday so you can't have a go at people when they question what you're posting.

On_The_Edge wrote:
You can't say you weren't warned. If you want people to follow along then at least proof your trades. You're not even willing to post your overall P&L. I'm not sure what you want or expect people to say?

As for the challenge itself, with the odds that you're backing and laying at you would need a massive edge to be profitable long term but if you need to see it out to the bitter end then good luck with it. I think a lot of us have been there especially at the start where we think we spot something that might be profitable long term or over estimate our knowledge of a particular sport only for it to come to nothing.

Just try not to lose too much money along the way.
On_The_Edge

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:03 pm
As for the challenge itself, with the odds that you're backing and laying at you would need a massive edge
What do you mean by this. I’m backing and laying at various odds ranges... lowest odds i laid in the last week was around 1.15, highest I laid was around 2.8
On_The_Edge

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:53 am
On_The_Edge wrote:
footysystems wrote:

I never expressed doubt, I was just saying it's pointless posting bets without a P/L. Who's wants to know? Who's even interested? Many of the teams you bet on are obscure and unheard of.
Not really obscure. They are not Liverpool for sure but all my trades are on teams in top 10 European leagues

Return to “Sports betting strategies”