Recovery Staking

Don't chase your losses, it doesn't work. You will eventually bust your bank.
markkirwan

Can anyone help?

I putting on lay bets but wondered how I would add a staking rule.

I want to place £1 per bet but after a loser (say it lost £4) then the next bet would be £1 plus 25% of the loss from the previous bet = £1 +£1 = £2.

Then do this until the loss is recovered e.g. next 4 bets would be £2.

if another loss happened then this loss would be divided by 4 (say it was £8) it would be £2 plus 25% of the loss from the previous bet = £2 +£2 = £4.

I hope I'm making sense (in my head it seems simple but writing it down is doesn't).
to75ne

dont do it, really silly idea.
Dallas

There is a very good reason why a loss recovery/staking plan option is not included in automation nor will it ever be added
Derek27

markkirwan wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:07 pm
Then do this until the loss is recovered...
...or until you've blown your bank!
LeTiss

My advice, is before you start go and buy yourself another shirt, because you're going to lose the one currently on your back
BetScalper

Go for it - Nothing wrong with a bit of Martingale. :lol:
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:22 pm
There is a very good reason why a loss recovery/staking plan option is not included in automation nor will it ever be added
There's no standard facility to do that but it could be done via Excel Integration if you were determined to do it.

The main reason it's not a standard feature would probably be the Gambler's Fallacy. It might also encourage people to use a martingale which is generally accepted as being suicidal.

The Gambler's Fallacy obviously doesn't relate to non-independant markets, but in sports these markets occur concurrently; that's where Stored Values come into play, to share parameters between related markets on the same event.

Staking can also be done as a %age of your bank.
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:40 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:22 pm
There's no standard facility to do that but it could be done via Excel Integration if you were determined to do it.

Y, anyone can do it if determined too either by adjusting their stake/bets manually or by writing it to a spreadsheet which a user has full control over and as we all know some will do it no matter how advice or discouraged they get, but the ability to just select it as an option either in automation or in the staking settings will never appear.
ShaunWhite

It's funny that this has cropped up a couple of times this week. I was looking at my data last night and it's almost exactly a year since we had 26 straight losing favourites. In the same data (5yrs, 50,000 races) there was a run of 12 wining favourites.

Have a look at what 12 winners in a row will do to your lay strategy...that's if you could even get the amount on that you'd need.
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:55 pm
It's funny that this has cropped up a couple of times this week.
It happens quite often when a 'system seller' does some form of big push or perhaps releases some new YT vid etc, over the years there have been many times when all of a sudden numerous threads have popped up with people asking how to set the same 'X' strategy/system up, when it happens a quick search on Google reveals the source near or at the top.

One in particular (which i won't name) often comes back year after year although it has been a while since asked for by multiple people so is actually overdue at the moment
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:58 pm
My advice, is before you start go and buy yourself another shirt, because you're going to lose the one currently on your back
:lol:

I should just add that increasing stakes by 25% isn't likely to recover losses anyway!

Laying odds-on will result in long losing runs. Laying at larger odds will rack up very heavy losses quickly and you won't even need a very long losing run to blow your bank.
Derek27

Just realised I've spoken to Mark before about this and he's highly successful with the Martingale. Perhaps it's not a bad idea after all. ;)

viewtopic.php?p=146183#p146183

Return to “Loss recovery systems and methods”