Staking Plan / Loss Recovery | HELP please ...

Don't chase your losses, it doesn't work. You will eventually bust your bank.
jimibt

to75ne wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:33 pm
jimibt wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:40 am
beats me tbh -but each to their own and a bit like politics/religion, you'll never convince those on the opposing side of your wisdom.
I would argue that as you cant disprove completely concepts such as Gods etc, and whereas you can disprove completely concepts and systems based on loss recovery, just as you can disprove say flat earth theories; therefore its not like a religious belief where the believer can hide and argue in the cracks where science is still not robustly water tight, such as God of the gaps type arguments.

Flat earth believers (and the like) cant hide in cracks, there are no god of the gap arguments for them, they are either just unaware/uneducated or thick, deliberately delusional or delusional through no fault of their own and therefore mentally ill.
really nicely summerised - like that ;)
The Silk Run

Dear Forum members

Thank you for all your responses, knowledge, and words of encouragement.

Have a nice day
Minnie LAI
ShaunWhite

I've stopped using my regular losing system and I now just use my loss recovery system all the time.
That way I never lose and it's all win win win.
The Silk Run

I put this system into live today following a 1000 cycles in simulation, and without any Loss Recovery. I don't expect any difference because its about selecting the right animal to oppose, and at the right price ...
I normally like to batch 10 markets consecutively but only managed seven today due to the API being unresponsive which effected some of the prices, higher than I would normally accept.
Staking £30 Fixed Liability, automatic stop loss in at 25%, with manual oversight as a precaution, but within that region I find pricing fairly stable and will not break jail.
The last trade is a Back Trade, I normally put 2, or 3 in the batch to absorb Premium Commission.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

You need a bigger sample than that, but if the system works why do you need loss recovery?
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:15 pm
You need a bigger sample than that, but if the system works why do you need loss recovery?
Hi Hi Derek27

Thank you for the reply.

BACKTEST: SIM 1000 LAY [opposing] trades 967 Losses, 33 Win. Supporting documentation available on request !!!
SIM, or LIVE, does not matter, whatsoever. EDGE being the ability to select opposing animals,
at HIGH strike, inc VALUE ...

I think you are right. Maybe I don't need any Loss & Recovery.

Kind regards
Minnie LAI
wearthefoxhat

The Silk Run wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:50 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:15 pm
Hi Hi Derek27

Thank you for the reply.

BACKTEST: SIM 1000 LAY [opposing] trades 967 Losses, 33 Win. Supporting documentation available on request !!!
SIM, or LIVE, does not matter, whatsoever. EDGE being the ability to select opposing animals,
at HIGH strike, inc VALUE ...

I think you are right. Maybe I don't need any Loss & Recovery.

Kind regards
Minnie LAI
You could flip it and ratchet your stakes up after a winning sequence.
ShaunWhite

The Silk Run wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:50 am
SIM, or LIVE, does not matter, whatsoever.
So you've done a backtest and a seperate sim? If you've only been looking at historical data and calling that a sim, then your confident assertion that data analysis and running live are identical doesn't measure up to received wisdom.
The Silk Run

Not wishing to sound rude, but would you be so kind as to re-submit your reply in Plain English !!!
The topic is "Help please" ...

Kind regards
Minnie LAI
ShaunWhite

Only live = live.
The Silk Run

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:03 pm
Only live = live.
Good evening ShaunWhite

That's a climb-down from your last reply !!!

I know your negative, and somewhat racist comments don't represent the Brand, or Community, and hope the air-time had limited exposure ....

To be honest, I'm rather upset & disappointed

Kind regards
Minnie LAI
firlandsfarm

The Silk Run wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:48 pm
Good evening ShaunWhite

I know your negative, and somewhat racist comments don't represent the Brand, or Community, and hope the air-time had limited exposure ....

Kind regards
Minnie LAI
I do wish people would realise that to use the race card against someone who was not in the slightest way being racist does in itself make them the racist!
CallumPerry

It's because his last name is WHITE obviously :lol: :lol: Grow up. On the internet we don't know for sure that if the person on the other side is black, white or blue. Nothing racist was even said, was it? Did I miss Shaun type up a really condescending racist reply and then quickly delete it?

To bring it back to trading, he is correct in what he says. There is a BIG difference between a live back test and a sim (either using practise mode or a system you have developed yourself) so he actually offered very good, free advice. It looks like you have found a good edge, congratulations! Seriously, that is something many many people on here would love. Please don't use any sort of loss recovery. Instead look at a variation of Kelly Criteria or similar techniques to squeeze as much profit from your edge as you can; there is plenty of good reading on the internet.

Don't know or care if you are white or black, hope you are green and not red. <<< I should get into poetry.
LeTiss

I'm trying to find Shaun's racist comments? Political correctness has produced a generation of muppets. Below is your average University campus
hqdefault.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

The Silk Run wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:48 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:03 pm
Only live = live.
Good evening ShaunWhite

Kind regards
Minnie LAI
hang your head in shame - you are coming across as vile and no longer have any credibility. i can only hope that we can put this down to late night intoxication speaking, rather than a fellow forum user venting.

[edit] - may i add further to that. having read the entire thread now, it seems that when you weren't hearing what you wanted to hear, you got sour and defensive. to date, you have shown yourself to be neither thankful, grateful nor courtious. review your bedside manner and you'll get a lot more from your endevours. btw - being scottish i'm more blue than pink (skin colour) - i know this will be important !! ;)

Return to “Loss recovery systems and methods”