Adding a staking/recovery plan

Don't chase your losses, it doesn't work. You will eventually bust your bank.
goldenway

Hi, is it possible to add a staking or recovery plan to a rule? I would like to use the following or any version that would achieve the same results.

Lay Recovery

This plan was designed to produce a fixed profit over each bet and at the same time to recover losses made from previous bets.

If using Safe Recovery in the end if you don't have a running loss, your profit will be equal to Stake multiplied by number of bets you placed (no matter how many of them won). It works so because every time you lose, the plan adds one point for the next bet so if it wins you make profit for two races.

If Safe Recovery is used, the plan will run recovery without adding Stake to the bet size. This way your end profit will be equal to stake multiplied by number of winning bets which were placed out of recovery cycles.

Recovery is spread over specific Number Of Recovery Bets.

If you have lost £12 on first bet, it will recover this loss over next 3 bets, £4 at a bet. Thus if 3 bets win you will make back £12 plus £6 of your stakes. If your bet loses the loss will be added to your Current Loss and spread over 3 bets again.

You can set Max Loss To Recover. If your current loss exceeds this figure the bot should keep recovering (Max Loss To Recover) / (Number Of Recovery Bets) amount per bet no matter how high your actual loss is. It can be useful to keep your stakes under a reasonable limit. If you don't want to have a limit for your loss, just set Max Loss To Recover at zero.

You can also use Clear Loss If Above Maximum box. Then your current loss will be reset to zero as soon as it reaches Max Loss To Recover amount.

Limit Max Profit Per Run By - works only if Safe Recovery is NOT enabled. Defines maximum amount of profit that can be made after each subsequent bet. For example, if the limit is set at $5 and you've already made $3, no matter how many bets you lose, after the 1st winning bet your profit will be $5. After the defined amount is made the bot starts counting Profit Per Run from 0 again. Set the limit at 0 to disable this feature.

Thanks
CallumPerry

Don't do it. If you're losing, the last thing you want is a loss recovery thing. If you're winning, you don't need one. They're a load of rubbish, don't go down that route.
Derek27

goldenway wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:04 am
If you have lost £12 on first bet, it will recover this loss over next 3 bets, £4 at a bet. Thus if 3 bets win you will make back £12 plus £6 of your stakes. If your bet loses the loss will be added to your Current Loss and spread over 3 bets again.
Sorry to comment on your system rather than the question. I presume you're laying at odds of 6-4 on. If 2 of the next 3 win you're £4 down. If only one wins then you've lost £2 on top of the £12 you've already lost. So it's not really a loss recovery system. Ultimately, any system that relies purely on manipulating stakes is doomed for failure.
Kai

This is classic loss aversion, you shouldn't chase your losses.

Must have been hundreds of such threads on the forum by now? You could try and find some, I remember some good ones :)

If anything you should do the opposite, accept losses instead of trying to avoid them.
goldenway

Thanks for your reply and it is appreciated. However, I have been using this method on another bot and it works. I would prefer to use it on Betangel because it has added features. I have searched the forum and cant find any staking/recovery plans.
Archery1969

goldenway wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:12 pm
Thanks for your reply and it is appreciated. However, I have been using this method on another bot and it works. I would prefer to use it on Betangel because it has added features. I have searched the forum and cant find any staking/recovery plans.
BetAngel doesn’t support recovery plans and my understanding is that it never will.
Kai

goldenway wrote:
Think about the concept of it, why would a winning system need a recovery plan?

If you have a winning system and that's a big if, then that's probably because it's a winning system, not because it has a good recovery plan and is great at chasing losses.
Kai

goldenway wrote:
I have searched the forum and cant find any staking/recovery plans.
And for good reason.

It won't stop people from trying though, as you can see from these other threads below. I suggest you read them.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=16550&p=155025&hil ... ry#p155025

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15740&p=143779&hil ... ry#p143779

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=19444&p=196897#p196897
Derek27

goldenway wrote:
How many years has it been profitable for?
johnsheppard

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:47 pm
How many years has it been profitable for?
The dawn of time. How many years I am unsure of however...oh wait, you weren't talking to me, nor about my collection of pickup lines...i see...staking plans... (in truth the pickup lines never worked either...in fact I'm scared of women)

There is software around called The Staking Machine which simulates every kind of staking plan imaginable....I got bored of it tho when I realised I was never gonna be rich :( 'They're obviously not rich yet either...at least unless they like dealing with the public just for amusement purposes...
jamesedwards

Don't do it. It will get you in the end and when it does it will be costly.

Same as doubling up on red or black on Roulette. Doubling up from £1 with a bank of £1,032 will do your bank after 10 losses in a row which will eventually happen.

Another way to look at it is to reverse the odds, in this example it's like betting £1,032 at 1/1032 odds that there won't be 10 red or black in a row. Would you do that?

Return to “Loss recovery systems and methods”