Is there a way? or rule? Loss Recovery

Don't chase your losses, it doesn't work. You will eventually bust your bank.
waynejulian

Is there a way bet angel can increase your stake if you have a loss, so that you can put more money on your next selection?? (loss recovery) any help appreciated. I want to increase my stake by 1.5 x

Can Bet Angel do this for your automatically or do you have to change the staking in automation.

Thanks
Last edited by waynejulian on Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimibt

waynejulian wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:13 am
Is there a way bet angel can increase your stake if you have a loss, so that you can put more money on your next selection?? any help appreciated. I want to increase my stake by 1.5 x

Can Bet Angel do this for your automatically or do you have to change the staking in automation.

Thanks
wayne -prepare yourself for a number of detailed posts explaining the pitfalls of martingale staking!! ;)
waynejulian

LOL.... Here we go!!
Euler

We need a forum section for loss recovery
Crazyskier

Just keep doubling the stakes on even money chances or better until you win, right? Assuming unlimited funds, and the ability to have any bet size matched, you simply cannot lose.

...What could possibly go wrong? 😉

CS
Euler

I suspect the forum comments will double after each post.
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:56 am
I suspect the forum comments will double after each post.
is there a user called Kelly tho -that could put a stop to it
jamesg46

waynejulian wrote:
Is there a way bet angel can increase your stake if you have a loss, so that you can put more money on your next selection?? (loss recovery) any help appreciated. I want to increase my stake by 1.5 x

Thanks

You may or may not feel like the forum responds harshly to your question. This question has been asked countless times, and each and every time forum members have tried to explain why it’s such a bad idea. The problem is each and every one of them went and did it anyway.

All I can tell you is, 0% of them were successful with their loss recovery quest. You aren’t the first and you’ll certainly not be the last to explore this idea, it’s pretty much one of the first cliffs you’ll jump off on your journey of gambling or sports trading. The forum is telling you not to jump, but we know that probability suggests you will regardless of what we say.
jimibt

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:11 am
waynejulian wrote:

Thanks

You may or may not feel like the forum responds harshly to your question. This question has been asked countless times, and each and every time forum members have tried to explain why it’s such a bad idea. The problem is each and every one of them went and did it anyway.

All I can tell you is, 0% of them were successful with their loss recovery quest. You aren’t the first and you’ll certainly not be the last to explore this idea, it’s pretty much one of the first cliffs you’ll jump off on your journey of gambling or sports trading. The forum is telling you not to jump, but we know that probability suggests you will regardless of what we say.
if there was a film title that DIDN'T sum up this approach, it would be *You Only Live Twice* :D

OP. not being cheeky or personal, just urging you to proceed with caution and look at the more mathematically sound alternatives.
gazuty

waynejulian wrote:

Thanks
Welcomee Wayne Julian

Check out the Guidance - viewtopic.php?p=265873#p265873

There is a section in the Guidance headed Loss recovery, martingale, gambler’s fallacy

Read it carefully.
Crazyskier

When entering any kind of loss-recovery, a hard limit stop-loss (generally a percentage of bank size) is absolutely essential to prevent going bust. There's always another day, as long as funds remain.

CS
Dallas

waynejulian wrote:

Thanks
Now a dedicated section for loss recovery has been added and the first few of many many many other topics asking the same question over the years have been moved across have a read of those and see if you can find just one post from a seasoned trader stretching back nearly nine years among the 600 or so posts so far moved saying this is a good idea and it works.
ShaunWhite

gazuty wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:18 am
waynejulian wrote:

Thanks
Welcomee Wayne Julian

Check out the Guidance - viewtopic.php?p=265873#p265873

There is a section in the Guidance headed Loss recovery, martingale, gambler’s fallacy

Read it carefully.
+1
waynejulian

Thanks Appreciated.
ShaunWhite

Crazyskier wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 am
When entering any kind of loss-recovery, a hard limit stop-loss (generally a percentage of bank size) is absolutely essential to prevent going bust. There's always another day, as long as funds remain.
There aren't any viable loss recovery systems, and hard stops in general just give money away.

As for "banks" then people just topup when they lose so although they should be careful with loses its not meaningful to relate them to whatever random amount is in their account.

Return to “Loss recovery systems and methods”