Is little Acorns genuine or a blag!?

Don't chase your losses, it doesn't work. You will eventually bust your bank.
LeTiss

There are ZERO variations of Martingale that work in the long-term, no matter how much you convince yourself otherwise

The basis of Martingale stems from the major reason why people blow banks......Loss Aversion
I know, I used to fight it myself!

I soon realised though, the only way to win from trading is to accept losses and not chase them
If your losses are too big, it's because you have a problem with money management

The moment you can red up a screen, delete it, not worry about it, and move onto the next trade instead......you're on the way to becoming a trader
The Silk Run

I have system I have used for the three years now that has a strike rate circa 70% of which i recover in Martingale. The longest losing streak during this window was seven, consecutive.
Anbell

Dr Ginhog wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:26 pm
My purse ? Never carried a Purse ever? Did you mean Wallet?
Your welcome to it Anbel all 100% of it.
As anybody who has read my post knows I have always advocated for DISCIPLINE for others. Unfortunately I have not been sensible in applyiung it to myself. Hence the empty wallet.
It was the 'I know martingale doesnt work BUT hear me out' that got me. A1 trolling.
Superkal

The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:24 pm
I have system I have used for the three years now that has a strike rate circa 70% of which i recover in Martingale. The longest losing streak during this window was seven, consecutive.
Are you laying the favourite on the dogs and horses? Since the win rate is approx 30%. I don't think I've seen favourite win more than seven in a row but it depends if you look at the sequence by course, by race type or by time..
LeTiss

This is one of the reasons I don't post here much anymore......I'm sick of people talking about Martingale or chasing losses, and thinking they are traders

They are kidding everyone, including themselves

If you're interested in trading, great
If you're interested in how to chase down a red screen......do yourself a favour and get out of here

I'd be very surprised if there are any PC payers, who have a system for recovering a trade that just returned a marginal loss
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:25 pm
This is one of the reasons I don't post here much anymore......
Depressing isn't it.

And even if 2+2 stopped being 4 and it worked then jeez it's a low ambition approach. The people making good money are getting as much on as they can not betting with £1 in case they lose it.
The Silk Run

Superkal wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:59 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:24 pm
Are you laying the favourite on the dogs and horses? Since the win rate is approx 30%. I don't think I've seen favourite win more than seven in a row but it depends if you look at the sequence by course, by race type or by time..
I have no problem substantiating this claim, if the critics want me to support it then I have no problem with that too ...
Personally, I cannot see why some individuals get so upset about recovery content. I know it doesn't suit everyone, and doesn't work in some cases !!!

And, FYI and interest Superkal the system is BACK dutching greyhound UK EIR.
I will give away some of the basic criteria, but not all !!!
Min 6 Runners, with NO reserves.
R1 > 3.0+
13 secs Dutch BACK R1, R2, and R3
Market needs to be settled before continuing consecutively
And of course recovery ENABLED with Martingale staking system.
LeTiss

Sorry for the rant, but I find it utterly demoralising

When I left a sales career to pursue this full-time, I had years of people dismissing me as a problem gambler.
They couldn't understand the processes that separated a trader from a punter.

When I see thread after thread on Bet Angel devoted on to recovering losses, it simply endorses what all those doubters suspected

I've been self-employed for 14 years now, and I can assure all struggling and newbie traders......I never chase a loss!
I lose on many markets, but I never try to recover them with a system
I simply achieve more greens than reds, and know money management is crucial - when I do lose, I don't lose a shedload

I gravitated to this from being a punter. I found accepting red screens very hard, because as a punter we always get a run for our money
Trading is different. I had to rewire my brain

I think many people need to quickly learn this themselves.......before they leave here battered, bruised, and possibly bankrupt
deestar

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:03 pm

When I left a sales career to pursue this full-time, I had years of people dismissing me as a problem gambler.

When I see thread after thread on Bet Angel devoted on to recovering losses, it simply endorses what all those doubters suspected

I've been self-employed for 14 years now, and I can assure all struggling and newbie traders......I never chase a loss!
I simply achieve more greens than reds, and know money management is crucial - when I do lose, I don't lose a shedload

I gravitated to this from being a punter. I found accepting red screens very hard, because as a punter we always get a run for our money

I think many people need to quickly learn this themselves.......before they leave here battered, bruised, and possibly bankrupt
Spot on!
sniffer66

Problem is, for a lot of people you actually have to experience it and feel the pain yourself. It's hard just to be told.

I ran Acorns automated as a test when I came over from matched betting about 2 years ago. It was tiny, tiny stakes and I didn't lose a lot but hitting 8 losers on the bounce (Extended Fib sequence I think) taught me a valuable lesson. Haven't used, or thought about recovery in any form since.
LeTiss

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:25 pm
Problem is, for a lot of people you actually have to experience it and feel the pain yourself. It's hard just to be told.
Very fair point
waywyrd

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:03 pm

Good post.

Only one thing to add about rewiring your brain, it's also about admitting you're wrong when those 'reds' appear. You've either read the market wrong, or been at the mercy of sudden swing because of large spike in liquidity against you. And taking that red 'on the chin' and admitting it's time to get out and reassess is probably one of the hardest, if not the hardest, mindset to get into. It's definitely the area I struggle with most, admitting I've 'screwed up' and cut my losses asap.

Waywyrd.
LeTiss

waywyrd wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:30 pm
Only one thing to add about rewiring your brain, it's also about admitting you're wrong when those 'reds' appear. You've either read the market wrong, or been at the mercy of sudden swing because of large spike in liquidity against you. And taking that red 'on the chin' and admitting it's time to get out and reassess is probably one of the hardest, if not the hardest, mindset to get into. It's definitely the area I struggle with most, admitting I've 'screwed up' and cut my losses asap.

Waywyrd.
To stay in the game, I've had to adapt.
I'm a sports trader, rather than horses/dogs.
There are a lot more bots in the market now, and as a result there's also a lot more market manipulation

I find that my trading style sees a lower strike rate as a result, but my greens seriously outweigh them, as I find the bots create some rapid moves
I've had some massive greens over the past couple of years, when previously my greens were more constant

You will get red screens Waywyrd
It's part of the game. It's how you react to them that will define your success here
Euler

No staking system can affect the outcome of an event and therefore it isn't part of an 'edge'. You either have an edge or you don't. If you don't you will eventually go bust.
ShaunWhite

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:25 pm
. It's hard just to be told..
"told"? I think "taught" would be better.

Even with the ABC some think they know better. Peter once said exactly what to do with an evenings racing, some made money, some didn't. I guess some people won't be 'told'.

Return to “Loss recovery systems and methods”