Display TPD Position, Speed and Distance to Leader on your In-Play Trader - In-Play Trader Settings

Dallas

This In-Play Trader settings file will display each runners speed and its distance to the leader on your In-Play trader screen.

Giving you a 'real-time' view of each runners actual positions, current speed in relation to each other and distance between them - all which is updated as fast as every 200ms so is way ahead of any TV pics

NB; to use this settings profile you will need to have an active subscription to TPD and be using the new Bet Angel v1.59 which can be downloaded from the following page which also contains full details of all new options and features which have been added
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=25251

When this settings file is used your In-Play Trader screen will look like this;

5, Speed and Distance to Leader 20m 2.JPG

In the next image I've lined it up next to the one-click screen (which I think is the best way to use/display the in-play trader)

5, Speed and Distance to Leader 20m full2.JPG
The colour of the bar indicates how fast each runner is currently travelling, the position of the silks is showing how far each runner is behind the leader, I've scaled it to display up to 20meters

As you can see the runner named 'Dr Kananga' is currently leading, and around 4.5 meters behind is second place, the runner named 'Volcano' is in 6th position and is almost 10meters behind the leader hence that runners silks are almost in the centre of the in-play trader screen. Runners that are 20meters or more behind the leader will be pushed up against the right side and only begin moving once they are within 20m

This settings file also has the following options enabled;

The X Axis will use the 'Win % Scale'
It will use the same sort as your one-click screen is currently set to
Row spacing is locked to 36 to match the default one-click size
Odds labels are enabled

In-Play Trader Settings
To use these In-Play Trader setting’s, click the 'Speed & Distance to Leader.ipf' file below to download it to your computer, then after opening your In-Play trader window click 'Settings > Create a Settings Profile'
Speed & Distance to Leader.ipf
IPT Import.JPG

When the In-Play Profile Editor window opens click 'Profiles > Import a Profile'
IPT Import2.JPG

Rules File
To pass the real-time data from TPD to your In-Play Trader screen you will also need to download and import the 'IPT Speed Distance and MPH Rankings.baf' file into your Guardian, once downloaded to your computer open Guardian and on the ‘Automation’ tab click ‘Import a Rules’ file, then each day just add your markets to Guardian and apply that rules file to them all.
IPT Speed, Distance & MPH Rankings.baf
Guardian Import.jpg

Colour Settings
For the bars to change colour you'll need to download and import the 'Value Based Colour Setting' file named 'Speed.bavbc' and import it into the In-Play Trader settings file you downloaded above as shown here
Speed.bavbc
IPT VBCS.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

TIP

If you want to change the scaling and show more or less than the 20meters I've used all you need to do is change the following stored value adjustment in the .baf file you downloaded in the previous post

Tip.JPG

For example if you are trading shorter flat races you might prefer to just have 10meters displayed on your In-Play Trader screen, in this instance you'd change the value from multiplied by 5 to 10
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChrisF

Hi Dallas, Is there a way to change the moving token, ie jocky silks for the UK market to a custom token that I can design and resize. If not can you add this to the production release. For instance, there could be a folder where the custom tokens sit each token would be named from 1.gif to 30.gif and the program would default to these if set. What these gifs would look like would be an individuals choice.

Also, I'm trying to change the colour scheme so all or the horizontal bars are the same colour except for the fastest runner which would be a different colour, how do you do that, I have not managed to figure it out.
Dallas

ChrisF wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:09 am
Hi Dallas, Is there a way to change the moving token, ie jocky silks for the UK market to a custom token that I can design and resize. If not can you add this to the production release. For instance, there could be a folder where the custom tokens sit each token would be named from 1.gif to 30.gif and the program would default to these if set. What these gifs would look like would be an individuals choice.

Also, I'm trying to change the colour scheme so all or the horizontal bars are the same colour except for the fastest runner which would be a different colour, how do you do that, I have not managed to figure it out.
No, there's only the option of silks, square or circle
It might be possible to add but suspect there'd be a fair bit of work required to implement it so it's not likely to make the formal release in a few weeks, and would probably require some additional support from other other users

Its probably best to add a dedicated post to the suggestion area to gauge the demand for it

Regarding changing the bar colour of the fastest, yes that can be done, the .baf file included as part of this example is the same one used in the example below, but that example uses coloured bars for the 2md-4th fastest so is along the lines of what you want (ie, it uses two lines instead of a bar and for the 2nd-4th fav instead of just the fav), so you should be able to edit that easily enough but if you do get stuck just post back
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=25289
ChrisF

Ok maybe it already has what I want, basically I what the token to display the saddle clock number, does the square or circle do that.
elofan0

Great new IP trade additions.. is it possible to say add vertical lines going down to represent each furlong etc
Freepunt

Hi,

As soon as I select the profile my inplay trader looks like this https://www.screencast.com/t/E8hr5ErZIH
Dallas

Freepunt wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:32 pm
Hi,

As soon as I select the profile my inplay trader looks like this https://www.screencast.com/t/E8hr5ErZIH
Have you also applied the rules file to the markets in Guardian?
Freepunt

Dallas

Freepunt wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:50 pm
Here's them both open https://www.screencast.com/t/kMf8bfRR
That looks like you haven't applied any rules file to the markets yet (unless you've applied it to rules column 2, 3, 4, or 5)?

At the top of Guardian select 'Rules 1' from the picklist
Then click 'Apply Rules All Markets'
Freepunt

That made a difference but there were no numbers on it https://www.screencast.com/t/WUqFkSWMoO

Edit: I see you don't have numbers in your screenshot in the first post, so what tells you the speed and distance to leader?
Last edited by Freepunt on Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

Freepunt wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:24 pm
That made a difference but there were no numbers on it https://www.screencast.com/t/WUqFkSWMoO
Numbers for what?
Freepunt

I was just doing my edit when you asked that? :)

The numbers for speed and distance.
Dallas

Freepunt wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:02 pm
I was just doing my edit when you asked that? :)

The numbers for speed and distance.
The one-click image above is just for illustration purposes to demonstrate what info is being displayed on the in-play trader

To have the one-click screen displayed as shown in the image you'll need to download the settings files from this thread
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=24626
Freepunt

This is what you said in the first post, "This In-Play Trader settings file will display each runners speed and its distance to the leader on your In-Play trader screen."

So what is displaying the runners' speed and distance to the leader?

Return to “In-play trader tool”