Eurovision 2022

Eurovision, Political betting markets, reality TV and other special markets.
Naffman

Seen from plenty of Eurovision betting analysts that Ukraine are way too short, it seems they will win the televote but it depends how lenient the judges are (apparently historically they aren't).

Thoughts from those with better knowledge than me (which would be most people :lol: ) is more than welcome
Euler

I've remortgaged the house and put it on Ukraine.

But seriously, the voting patterns could be worth examining in detail. But are any of the judges seriously going to stop Ukraine?
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:15 pm

But seriously, the voting patterns could be worth examining in detail. But are any of the judges seriously going to stop Ukraine?
That's the question isn't it, they should be neutral but can they be?
LeTiss

Euler wrote:

They will if they have layed them on Betfair :lol:
Crazyskier

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:34 pm
Euler wrote:

They will if they have layed them on Betfair :lol:
Made me smile!

CS
Trader Pat

After some careful consideration my pics for Eurovision are as follows:

Albania, Armenia, Croatia, Malta, Montenegro, Holland and Spain with my 12 points going to Montenegro.

https://eurovision.tv/event/turin-2022/participants
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:48 pm
After some careful consideration my pics for Eurovision are as follows:

Albania, Armenia, Croatia, Malta, Montenegro, Holland and Spain with my 12 points going to Montenegro.

https://eurovision.tv/event/turin-2022/participants
Armenia for me. Ukraine very disappointing. They could do a lot better than that!
weemac

Settle for Serbia guys. Know your limits.
MemphisFlash

i would be very surprised if Ukraine does not win even if the song is crap. Russia = nil Points, When did Austrailia become europe
Trader Pat

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:18 pm
i would be very surprised if Ukraine does not win even if the song is crap. Russia = nil Points, When did Austrailia become europe
A crap song winning Eurovision?! Surely not! :D
eightbo

A lot of speculation here, should be prime for fading imo.

Seems like a lot of the juicy prices already taken, trading 1.97/1.98 now
"The public show strong support for Ukraine but I would not assume Ukraine is going to win," said Dean Vuletic, a historian and expert on the geopolitics of Eurovision.

"In 1993, Bosnia and Croatia did not finish highly," despite being under attack, he told AFP, adding: "While the Ukrainian entry is strong, there are other entries of high quality."
Have to imagine a few of the judges give the nod to UKR at Semi-Final, to save face and/or in a genuine show of support, but value surely to side of professionalism in the final, especially at what are probably very short odds at that point. The competition voting is set up in a way where HALF of the votes come from televoters, which no doubt goes UKR way in GF but judges job to vote on other metrics to make up other 50%. Fairness/integrity of a 66-year running competition potentially at play, not just a 1-off thing here. Could still see judges (humans) being able to sleep at night given a semi-final nod, would still a great story to be applauded for being ~'so close in such a challenging time'.

For me:
1. Back UKR
2. Trade out just before Grand Final
3. Lay UKR with any profits
Derek27

Ukraine may have a crap entry but winning the contest will be a real kick in the teeth for Putin. :D
ODPaul82

Is tonight the night or is it next weekend?
Euler

ODPaul82

Euler wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 4:41 pm
https://eurovision.tv/calendar
Thank you, I don't usually bet on it, like to just spent the evening watching it laughing at it over a glass of wine or 7.

Return to “Non Sports trading Markets”