Possible 54-hole finish at BMW Championship

SBW077

Interesting situation at the BMW Championship.

Justin Rose had a one-shot lead after yesterday's third round. An inch of rain fell overnight, the fairways and tee areas look to be in horrendous shape after having previously absorbed 2 1/2 inches of rain Friday and Saturday. Rain is currently coming down hard, and there is a 100% probability of rain every hour for the rest of the day, which will obviously make course conditions much worse. Near certainty there will be no golf played today.

Now it gets interesting: the Monday forecast is not looking much better, with thunderstorms likely. Slugger White (PGA Tour rules official) was on TV earlier stating that if they can't get half the players to finish by Monday evening, they'll likely declare a 54-hole winner.

I don't have BF access so I can't see the market rules, though I do see on oddschecker that the odds on Rose are roughly the same as last night (around 3.20). Can anyone tell me how it works with regards to Betfair? If there's no more golf and Rose wins, is the market voided? If not, any idea why the market hasn't adjusted?
Trading96

From the rules

" All bets on this market will be declared void unless 54 holes of the tournament are completed."
SBW077

Thanks for that.

Looks like the market has little faith in the accuracy of the weather forecast! :shock:
GRW

The market will stay as it is as my undertsanding is if it doesnt restart although the result will stand all bets placed after the 3rd round finished will be void
SBW077

Yep, someone just posted the following from Betfair's rules & regulations on Twitter:

If a tournament is shortened and Betfair settles the tournament markets then all bets matched after the last completed round will be void.

Return to “Trading Golf”