Golf and Greening - Dutching BA

Diacritical Quark

So I've recently been trying a little golf trading, I have to say I find the slower pace of a 4 day tournament better for manual trading as I have more time to think, plan and execute. So far pretty good results. I've also found an amazing resource if anyone is interested in that kind of thing;

https://datagolf.com/

One thing that is puzzling me though is why when using the Dutching tab on BA can you then not green on the one click screen, instead it just returns N/A for all prices?

**Ok I've just downloaded the latest BA and it appears as though you can now green from the one click having used the dutching tab. I'm sure this wasn't always the case! :roll:
Jukebox

Diacritical Quark wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:52 am
So I've recently been trying a little golf trading, I have to say I find the slower pace of a 4 day tournament better for manual trading as I have more time to think, plan and execute. So far pretty good results. I've also found an amazing resource if anyone is interested in that kind of thing;

https://datagolf.com/

One thing that is puzzling me though is why when using the Dutching tab on BA can you then not green on the one click screen, instead it just returns N/A for all prices?

**Ok I've just downloaded the latest BA and it appears as though you can now green from the one click having used the dutching tab. I'm sure this wasn't always the case! :roll:
BA standard setting is to have it disabled for good reasons and with warning but gives the user the option to enable it in settings.

The slow pace of golf though should go hand in hand with managing a dutched position manually and you could miss out on some incredible value.
Diacritical Quark

Thanks Jukebox, it wasn't necessarily to use the greenup feature on the one click screen but more to enable me to see what kind of overall position I'm in with regards to then managing risk, i.e if I'm currently facing a red screen or green screen I may need to adjust certain positions accordingly. Totally agree though, the slower pace of golf mixed with dutching is a match made in heaven, especially with the bigger odds available after the first day of the tourney is out of the way.

I have to admit I've been struggling recently, I had a bot that was working very well but the edge it had seems to have vanished. It's almost as if someone figured out what my bot was doing then exploited it for all it's worth. I know that's not the case but the edge vanished over night. Or maybe it was slowly decreasing and I just didn't adjust quick enough.

Anyway, yes dutching and golf at the minute go together like rum and soda.
Tuco

Diacritical Quark wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:52 am
As you have a large field in Golf tournaments you're rightly using the one-click screen - perhaps you would like these suggested future updates that I added last night:

'Trade Closure P & L' (current odds) column AND 'Trade Closure P & L' (reverse odds) column

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=21562

Return to “Trading Golf”