US Masters 2020

Euler

DJ has more or less won this now. All he needs to do is play percentage golf.
rik

not a golf expert but there are still a lot of guys within 4-6 shots, one of them has a great round a 72 or so might not be enough
I guess the main way to play it safe is hitting it slightly less hard off the tee to gain accuracy? or just not attempt risky recovery shots, but that just happens once or twice a round?
Euler

The chasing pack are, excuse the expression, a bit green on this course.
Euler

Tiger just shot a 10 on 12!!!!
rik

your watching this on skysports?
any advise on best scoreboard, tv coveragee?
Bubace

All over now you'd think, one in the water from DJ on the 12th wouldve made it an intrestinbg finish
Bubace

Is there honestly a more awkward moment in sport, than the green jacket Ceremony?
Euler

Well done DJ!

My conclusion, a November Masters made the course play softer. So the players were able to be much more aggressive and score lower.
greenmark

Just tuned in to the BBC highlights and was a bit stunned to see Peter Aliss in such poor condition. Hope he's OK.
He was one that (not being a golfer) made watching golf a pleasure. Descriptive, lyrical, romantic, knowledgeable, erudite.
Bubace

greenmark wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:50 pm
Just tuned in to the BBC highlights and was a bit stunned to see Peter Aliss in such poor condition. Hope he's OK.
He was one that (not being a golfer) made watching golf a pleasure. Descriptive, lyrical, romantic, knowledgeable, erudite.
Yeah the voice of Golf for me, Ken Brown was great as well on the course
greenmark

Bubace wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:26 pm
greenmark wrote:
I've not played the game. But Augusta is just amazing. And honestly, listening to Aliss now is very poignant. What a wonderful broadcaster. I think Ken has a few left.
greenmark

Humble pie time (yet again).
Scrub what I said about Alliss. The guy is 89.
What a super human!
superfrank

Bubace wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:26 pm
Is there honestly a more awkward moment in sport, than the green jacket Ceremony?
It's truly cringeworthy.

And then DJ goes and blubs on live TV. What's up with men these days?!

Some good ones in here that give us all hope...
WORST shots of the 2020 Masters https://youtu.be/e-QP3rkg0RY
Morbius

Euler wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:04 pm
Well done DJ!

My conclusion, a November Masters made the course play softer. So the players were able to be much more aggressive and score lower.

Yeah I agree with that and think that's largely pretty spot on. No coincidence that DJ went -20 in the same year as a November Masters. I wasn't surprised by a high score either. Many of the greens are very difficult to hit and hold after many hours of hot sunshine although the trade off is shorter drives when the ground is softer and many players will be taking longer irons into Par 4s and getting fewer eagle/birdie chances on 5s but that didn't seem to happen. But I felt some of the pin positions were easier than usual especially the 16th and I don't recall seeing it on the top level before which takes the water out of play.
Morbius

greenmark wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:13 am
Bubace wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:26 pm
greenmark wrote:
I've not played the game. But Augusta is just amazing. And honestly, listening to Aliss now is very poignant. What a wonderful broadcaster. I think Ken has a few left.

yeah I was shocked to hear Peter Alliss as well. Such a huge golfing knowledge and always made watching golf a pleasure. For me his all time favourite commentary was in the famous 1999 Open where Jean Van de Velde only needed a double bogey 6 on the last to take the jug and he took driver and hit the rough and then the burn. The ball was about a foot under water in a burn that was around 5ft deep and Van de Velde (for the benefit of people that didn't watch it) took his shoes and socks off and rolled his trouser legs up....Alliss just said "oh no no no no no....he is being very silly, somebody needs to have a word with him"

Very sad ending but great commentary

Return to “Trading Golf”