US Masters 2020

Euler

Big hitting DeChambeau favourite to tear up the course. But it will be interesting to see how it plays in November.
Euler

I note the market is over broke at the moment, which seems to imply not all 92 will play.
megarain

Bad weather expected early day 1 - might suit long ball hitters who carry it farther.

No books allowed to help with putt lines on the course.

Have laid all the drivers who worse than Prince Philip.
Euler

megarain wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:17 pm
Have laid all the drivers who worse than Prince Philip.
:lol:
Euler

Driving distance and strokes gained by distance and hole.

Driving distance and strokes gained.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

is Tiger Woods on odds of 65 looking correct?? Not a golf follower, but those seem quite high given that he won the previous masters in 2019.!!
Euler

I've been laying him since he won it last year.
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:53 pm
I've been laying him since he won it last year.
so, tactically, are you holding off now until tmro's game when those odds should shorten considerably, should he have a good round... in short, any clues for golfing n00bs on this one!?!
megarain

Historically pre-tourny favs have a pretty poor record.

Players form comes and goes - Spieth could do no wrong for a while, he won in 2015.

He hasnt won since 2017, has missed a lot of cuts since the restart and has made v few top 10s.

Its thought De Chambeau might totally overpower the course - playing a few holes totally different to the people who cant hit it 400 yards.

I feel the winner will be a long hitter - thou, generally Augusta favours players who play the 2nd shots really well and good putters,
Last edited by megarain on Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
megarain

masters long.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

The two tee start is going to be a little confusing for me initially. I'm used to the players working there way around the course and that's not going to happen tomorrow. So it confuses my model a little.
Wicksay

As an avid golfer and a newbie trader I'm watching the Masters with interest. From listening to PW and thinking through the ups and downs of the game and looking at the market there are five areas of interest I'm going to try out in Practice Mode!

I'm not sure if there is an etiquette to sharing but hey how, here I go...

1. Top 10 Day 1: The Winner of the Masters for the last 15yrs was in the top 10 after Day 1. Tiger was the last in 2005. Dutching the top ten may bear fruit.

2. Different Start Times: The two fav are Bryson and DJ. Their start times today are wide apart 12.35 and 17:00 respectively. It will be interesting to see how their prices change over the course of their first two rounds in relation to each other.

3. Clubhouse leader: With Top players in the latter groups the price on the club house leader during the day may be under threat.

4. Sunday afternoon: We've all see Peter's vid on laying Speith at Amen Corner.... I also had my biggest loss trading when Thomas and Rahm were battling together and in front of them Cantalay's price steamed in over two holes. Not helped by that fact that sky lags!!

There is always the Fifth Element! Especially in golf but in most sporting endeavors there is something mystical, unpredictable, something that's just meant to be. Major Golf Tournaments are littered with the impossible being done. And you can see it with Rahms (barns wallace) hole in one. Lady Luck... High power... The Zone ... call it what you like... I'll be looking out for a sign of that...

Enjoy....
Euler

Volumes already ahead of expectation.
sionascaig

https://www.masters.com/en_US/mygroup/index.html

This looks interesting - you can select a specific group of players and watch all their shots "live"...

Not read the small print though !
megarain

Still early there, but its a little overcast.

Return to “Trading Golf”