Tiger Woods

Derek27

Morbius wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:40 am
You can make comments about "whats he done wrong he's only shagged women"...
That was a joke, aimed at CS's point of view concerning homosexuality. :)
The Silk Run

I got it Dex. You little swinger you :)
Crazyskier

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:16 pm
Morbius wrote:
You can make comments about "whats he done wrong he's only shagged women"...
That was a joke, aimed at CS's point of view concerning homosexuality. :)
Not going there... 🤨

CS
superfrank

Morbius wrote:
It always gets me how this man and Jack Nicklaus can even be mentioned in the same sentence. The only time this should ever happen is for golf achievements but that's where it ends. My opinion of Tiger Woods wasn't affected by this incident, it was cemented long ago and once again it staggers me how anyone could ever defend this man.
In Jack Nicklaus' day people and society generally had higher standards.

In today's post-Christian western world anything goes and the results shouldn't come as a surprise.

It's unfair to judge Tiger by the moral standards of another era. I don't think anything he did is particularly shocking today.
Morbius

superfrank wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:49 pm
Morbius wrote:
It always gets me how this man and Jack Nicklaus can even be mentioned in the same sentence. The only time this should ever happen is for golf achievements but that's where it ends. My opinion of Tiger Woods wasn't affected by this incident, it was cemented long ago and once again it staggers me how anyone could ever defend this man.
In Jack Nicklaus' day people and society generally had higher standards.

In today's post-Christian western world anything goes and the results shouldn't come as a surprise.

It's unfair to judge Tiger by the moral standards of another era. I don't think anything he did is particularly shocking today.

I wasn't judging him by the moral standards of another era and its equally unfair to let him off the hook even slightly simply because people in previous generations had as you rightly say higher standards generally. Let me give a different if not better example then. He comes a long way short of the moral values practiced by many sportsman within his own profession in the modern world let alone in all other sports. There are tens of millions of men all over the world who are good husbands and fathers and role models despite society differences. I think we can all very much agree on that.

The phrase "particularly shocking" is vague because what one person defines as shocking, another doesn't. But as I said, if you were the father of his ex then would you dismiss his numerous infidelities and drug taking when your daughters and grandaughters health and life are at risk from this man and that's before he even gets behind the wheel. Heaven knows what else his exes could divulge if they dared to speak or could even speak legally.

Do I respect him for his achievements? How could you not respect his tenacity to get to be the best. To attack his own weaknesses so that he had none and dominate a highly competitive sport and winning the 2008 US Open with an injury. His golf CV is immense and cannot be argued against. But as a human, he has the CV of scum until he proves otherwise. His lifestyle is a health hazard to anyone who gets close to him. Chronic infidelity coupled with drug taking leads down some very dark and serious roads and no father worth his salt would ever want that for his own daughter. This is before we even go down the road of saying how much responsibility this man carries as a role model to young kids who would want to emulate him and look up to him and he has failed just as miserably in that as he has succeeded in golf
Trader Pat

I love the smell of moral superiority on a Sunday afternoon
The Silk Run

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:07 pm
Don't encourage him :lol:
Trader Pat

The Silk Run wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:14 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:07 pm
Don't encourage him :lol:
Why not? It might be fun :D
The Silk Run

We will never here the end of it :(
Trader Pat

The Silk Run wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:19 pm

Sorry Minnie, I'm bored! :)
The Silk Run

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:25 pm
The Silk Run wrote:

Sorry Minnie, I'm bored! :)
Me too darling, where's Dex :D
Trader Pat

He's probably in church :lol:
Morbius

The Silk Run wrote:

give me dialogue over a several word response any day mate, given how the following half a dozen replies total around 20 words indicates which way this forum is clearly heading and ten people talking to each other means one thing.....f*****
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:14 pm
...ten people talking to each other means one thing.....f*****

I understand the first half of the paragraph but I'm lost here
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:14 pm
...ten people talking to each other means one thing.....f*****
With my first guess I'm going to say.. FAMILY?

How about a clue or an extra letter?

Consonant please Carol

Return to “Trading Golf”