Masters 2013

JollyGreen

Steven1976 Same here, I was off scratch for a while and I caddied on the European Satellite Tour in Africa. If as you say there is a sand filled divot then obviously you must have just missed it on your previous shot. It is therefore quite legitimate for you to drop your ball slightly away from the sand filled divot provided it is close to your original position. So 6" or even a foot would be deemed acceptable but two yards would not!

You could drop the ball and it could roll 6" but provided it is not to your advantage you would deem the ball in play.

This decision sucks because they knew of a possible violation prior to Tiger completing his round. So in that instance they should have informed the official accompanying the players of the issue. That would allow them to make a decision before he signed his card. Instead they said nothing to the accompanying rules official and simply said he had not violated the rules! Well that's just bollocks! Then they look again and decide to give him an extra 1 shot penalty. So I infer from that he was in violation of rule 26 and more importantly he was fully aware of his actions as he admitted it in his post round interview.
steven1976

Its at what point becomes acceptable is my point Im making? I know he has took it to 2 yards but Im saying we have all done it to a certain extent to gain a better lie without thinking we are cheating. Not saying he is right, but these guys including tiger in the whole are pretty honest.

I occasionally caddie for a friend of mine on the Asian tour and you should see some of the drops over here. They drop and flick their wrists out so it travels about 20 yards up the fairway. I saw one lad hole is drop once! hehe
JollyGreen

It's quite simple, you must drop the ball as close as possible to the original position and no stretch of the imagination would make 2 yards acceptable or as close as possible.

It's okay though it's all been explained to me; the paying customers had waited years to see Tiger...oh okay that makes sense!!
Euler

Quite a lot of early birdies for the current staters. Langer off to a flier with birdes on 1,2 & 3. My trading has finished, just watching now.
JollyGreen

Well I decided to watch tonight after all and it's looking like a tight finish. If Lee Westwood could putt like Snedeker or Stricker he'd have a green jacket already!
PeterLe

Angel doing quite well; he traded at 970 earlier in the week! (I got him at 150 but already traded him out)..
I'm greened up now too, but might get back involved when towards the very end..
Euler

JollyGreen wrote:Well I decided to watch tonight after all and it's looking like a tight finish. If Lee Westwood could putt like Snedeker or Stricker he'd have a green jacket already!
Sure would. Rain is causing the putting to go a bit astray overall now.
THENUTS

Tiger back in to 30 after those 2 birdies. What a ridiculous price. 5 more birdies would not be enough
THENUTS

Tiger back in to 30 after those 2 birdies. What a ridiculous price. 5 more birdies would not be enough
PeterLe

Electrifying finish to the master last night.
Its amazing those guys can place the ball to such accuracy under tremendous pressure; all credit to them.
The camerawork coverage was first class too, I felt like I was there! :D
(..and one day I'd like to be (to watch of course!)) :D

Return to “Trading Golf”