US Open 2013 - draw bias??

Euler

Justin Rose in real contention, going to be a late night.
Euler

He's done it, not everyday somebody who went to the same.school as your kids wins a major!
LeTiss

Robert Mays, Odiham?

I worked with someone from Hartley Wintney a number of years back, they went there as a kid too

Brilliant win for Rose though
JollyGreen

It was a great win. I cannot stay awake that late due to recent health issues so I recorded it and watched it this morning. I started at 07:00 and he's just won it!!

One thing I would like to add. If Justin hadn't won then Phil Mickelson was worthy of the title. That man is a true gentleman and great professional. I think it is 6 times in the runner up spot for Phil and at 43 his chances are diminishing. His behaviour and sportsmanship are exemplary at all times. I think back to his singles match in the 2012 Ryder Cup against none other than Justin Rose where he applauded Justin on the 17th hole after he holed a monster putt.

JG
PeterLe

JollyGreen wrote:It was a great win. I cannot stay awake that late due to recent health issues so I recorded it and watched it this morning. I started at 07:00 and he's just won it!!
JG
...If you had told me Jolly, I've have told you the winner and you could have out a bet on the winner!..

great win and I enjoyed watching it!
Euler

LeTiss 4pm wrote:Robert Mays, Odiham?
Y, Good inspiration fodder for the kids! He used to live near us as well before he based himself in the US.

When I looked at the final pairing with Donald, I did wonder if that would help one of them. Perhaps something to note for the future. Tiger proved a good value lay again.
steven1976

I remember him exploding on to the scene all them years ago as an amateur at Birkdale, in what i think was his first major. I think he ended up finishing 3rd and turning pro the day after only to go off the boil as soon as he turned pro. Then with his father dying it could have knocked him back even further but he used the knock backs as inspiration to put in that little bit more effort and came back to prove the doubters wrong, and never looked back since. A great win for himself and also English golf in general as its been a while.

Hopefully, Westwood and Donald will get some rewards soon also.

Here is the link of that great finish as an amateur as well for anyone interested in watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPTiNgwd_HM

Return to “Trading Golf”