Trading BMW PGA Championship and Betfair Minimum Stakes

mracejay

Hi,

I am following some advice on how to trade the PGA Championship and I was advised to dutch the vast majority of the players in the Winner Market. Anyone over 100 excluding those at 1000 at Back prices. I have only done this in practice mode so far and I can see what I think maybe an issue.

I am using a total stake of £500 and all the bets priced at 810 or above (there are about 17 in total) all have predetermined stakes under £2, which I believe would be rejected by Betfair if I was to place these bets for real (Which I hope to do so soon, once I have got this sorted).

Can anyone advise what to do in this situation, I would rather avoid increasing my total stake if at all possible but if this is the only way to overcome the minimum stakes, then I can do.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

All the Best

Jason
Euler

Bet Angel can place bets below minimum using dutching but not at 1000
mracejay

Thanks for the information I really appreciate it.

When I move from the dutching tab to the other tabs such as ladder, I can't green out it just says n/a. So I am very stuck on what to do next. I just wish I could read my own writing!
gazuty

mracejay wrote:Thanks for the information I really appreciate it.

Just wish I could read my writing and remember what the advice was.

So I am now going to dutch all the players between 100 to 1000 excluding those at 1000 and then wait for the cut.

What do I do then? Or do I need to start a new post? I remember Peter on the seminar saying that when the cut happens and the book adjusts it puts extra money into the mix and then you trade it out. I just can't remember how to do that bit. I have just tried to do this in the practice mode but when I move from the dutching tab to the other tabs such as ladder, I can't green out it just says n/a. So I am very stuck on what to do next. I just wish I could read my own writing!

Manual tab, using manual green up.
woodhousejj

mracejay wrote:Thanks for the information I really appreciate it.

When I move from the dutching tab to the other tabs such as ladder, I can't green out it just says n/a. So I am very stuck on what to do next. I just wish I could read my own writing!
Not sure if it was a glitch in the software but the last time I dutched (it was on golf) - I had the same n/a on the ladder. However when I logged out and logged back in again - the n/a had been replaced with the green out value for the dutched players - on pressing the green out - BA placed bets across all open trades. This does not work in practice mode. Hope it works for you.
John
fumanshoe66

Hi Guys,

Excuse my stupidity but im try a few things in practice mode on the BMW golf this week. I am using the dutching function how can i close down betangel without losing my matched bets? not used to practice mode would usually be in live mode and obviously once the bets are matched there matched. Should i be saving the markets or something??

Cheers
Fumanshoe
Euler

Practice mode is unable to keep bets unless you keep Bet Angel open as all the bet information is stored locally.
Euler

Good tournament in the end. Bjorn's charge on the first day cocked up the first two days, but his collapse on the last day made it back with interest!
Last hour at Wentworth.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steven1976

Was a great last round. Was happy for Roary to get the win under his belt so quick after his split up.

You would have to think the relationship has affected his playing the past two years as he went from being brilliant to just good. Expect to see him doing well in the majors this year and just hope tiger doesn't tell him about Vegas.

Return to “Trading Golf”