Fury V Wilder III

pc1986

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:39 pm
From an angle of interest of maybe trading this, Fury himself recognises that sometimes it takes a moment of realisation to wake him up… Wilder knocked him down (can’t remember which fight it was) & he got up like the Undertaker, I’m gonna be hunting that undertaker moment.
Good call!
Tuco

...truly great fight - loved it!
jamesg46

pc1986 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:17 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:39 pm
From an angle of interest of maybe trading this, Fury himself recognises that sometimes it takes a moment of realisation to wake him up… Wilder knocked him down (can’t remember which fight it was) & he got up like the Undertaker, I’m gonna be hunting that undertaker moment.
Good call!
I couldn’t get the image of it out of my head :lol:

https://youtu.be/zZR1EKU4Bk0
greenmark

At the risk of annoying folks.... My Dad would dismiss these bouts as ridiculous. Neither of them can box. They're both incompetent swingers. They remind me of Frank Bruno. Great image. Nil quality. Put any of these guys in with Ali, Hagler, Sugar Ray and they'd be toast.
Dublin_Flyer

greenmark wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:30 pm
At the risk of annoying folks.... My Dad would dismiss these bouts as ridiculous. Neither of them can box. They're both incompetent swingers. They remind me of Frank Bruno. Great image. Nil quality. Put any of these guys in with Ali, Hagler, Sugar Ray and they'd be toast.
Oh crap Mark, better not let your dad know about Logan and Jake Paul calling themselves boxers, he'd lose his shit! :lol: :lol:
wearthefoxhat

greenmark wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:30 pm
At the risk of annoying folks.... My dad would dismiss these bouts as ridiculous. Neither of them can box. They're both incompetent swingers. They remind me of Frank Bruno. Great image. Nil quality. Put any of these guys in with Ali, Hagler, Sugar Ray and they'd be toast.
Tommy "The Hitman" Hearns had a similar style as Tyson Fury. He won his fair share, but Hagler/Sugar Ray found a way to beat him.

The difference appears to be TF finds a way to keep going and win, when others may accept a defeat, so maybe, he could have found a way if he fought back in the day.

Return to “Boxing”