Tonight's boxing

Kai

Damn, I forgot

Need some sort of trading reminders
Michael5482

Looks like Fury putting more blocks in the way of the Usyk fight by now wanting a no re-match clause. Usyk has already called his bluff and accepted a 70/30 split despite him holding 3 of the belts.

Fury's a great boxer but his credibility is currently zero.
Naffman

AJ fighting tomorrow so what we thinking?

Franklin looked decent in his last fight but Whyte really did look terrible

He’s come in 24lbs lighter this time and AJ seems to struggle against the smaller inside fighters like Ruiz and Usyk, whether this guy is close to that level I’m not sure so the first couple of rounds should tell us a lot more
Michael5482

Naffman wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:42 am

He’s come in 24lbs lighter this time and AJ seems to struggle against the smaller inside fighters like Ruiz and Usyk, whether this guy is close to that level I’m not sure so the first couple of rounds should tell us a lot more
Joshua is in the last chance saloon if he doesn't win then it's retirement. One thing he is good at is learning from his defeats excluding Usyk as he was just to good for him and there was no shame in that.

I hope he puts on a bit of a show and lines up fight v Fury now that Fury v Usyk is off. In general the politics in boxing is getting even worse and the sport needs a massive shake up when it comes to getting the big fights made.
Naffman

Michael5482 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:01 am
Naffman wrote:

Joshua is in the last chance saloon if he doesn't win then it's retirement. One thing he is good at is learning from his defeats excluding Usyk as he was just to good for him and there was no shame in that.

I hope he puts on a bit of a show and lines up fight v Fury now that Fury v Usyk is off. In general the politics in boxing is getting even worse and the sport needs a massive shake up when it comes to getting the big fights made.
Another one in last chance saloon is Eddie Hearn, he’s really fallen down the pecking order of promoters hasn’t he so if it did go the distance don’t expect fair judge scoring.

AJ has always said he’s in boxing for the money (nothing wrong with that) but you have to wonder if the will is still there after earning tens of millions, and now up against a guy who sets himself up for life if he wins this.
Kai

Naffman wrote:
AJ fighting tomorrow
👍

Altho not the best price for trading
Michael5482

Naffman wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:47 am
Michael5482 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:01 am
Naffman wrote:

Another one in last chance saloon is Eddie Hearn, he’s really fallen down the pecking order of promoters hasn’t he so if it did go the distance don’t expect fair judge scoring.

AJ has always said he’s in boxing for the money (nothing wrong with that) but you have to wonder if the will is still there after earning tens of millions, and now up against a guy who sets himself up for life if he wins this.
Hearn is more interested in America now he's moved Matchroom over to DAZN for Sky. I think AJ will come through just no sure what the thinking is to beef him up more, heaviest he's ever been which is always a danger with a heavyweight if a fight goes towards the distance.
Crumpets

Maybe they're beefing him up with an eye on Fury/Usyk? I don't fancy AJ against either of those guys, but a plodding bruiser walking down his opponent is maybe his best chance to defeat them. If he boxes against Fury/Usyk, he loses IMO.

Not sure he'd fancy the Ukrainian again anytime soon mind!

Wondering if AJ is fully focused on tonight, and not on his next opponent/career
Michael5482

AJ done a job last night against a very poor fighter. I was hoping for a little bit more but maybe was to scared of getting beat. I don't think to many fighters would be worried at facing him.

I understand he want's a couple more big fights, I'd like to see AJ v Fury now the Usky unification fight is off. It'd be a great fight for the UK and probably what most want to see. Fury would school him start to finish.
Naffman

Michael5482 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:16 am
AJ done a job last night against a very poor fighter. I was hoping for a little bit more but maybe was to scared of getting beat. I don't think to many fighters would be worried at facing him.

I understand he want's a couple more big fights, I'd like to see AJ v Fury now the Usky unification fight is off. It'd be a great fight for the UK and probably what most want to see. Fury would school him start to finish.
He’s so scared to get hit isn’t he. Which also means he doesn’t want to trade for so long, I thought he was a tad overrated anyway but Ruiz ruined him mentally.

AJ seems to want another massive payday before he retires, no way he beats Fury or Usyk, Wilder would be a good fight and money maker but I think I’d favour Wilder as he’s mentally 10x stronger
Michael5482

Naffman wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:42 pm
Michael5482 wrote:

He’s so scared to get hit isn’t he. Which also means he doesn’t want to trade for so long, I thought he was a tad overrated anyway but Ruiz ruined him mentally.

AJ seems to want another massive payday before he retires, no way he beats Fury or Usyk, Wilder would be a good fight and money maker but I think I’d favour Wilder as he’s mentally 10x stronger
Agree with that them defeats appear to have had a massive mental affect on him some boxers can shrug them off others just can't.

If he fought Wilder he'd have no choice but to trade with him as Wilder doesn't know much else and he can bang. I'd also favour Wilder.
CK2021

Naffman wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:42 pm
Michael5482 wrote:

no way he beats Fury or Usyk
Considering he fought Usyk twice and lost both I would have to agree, He needs to fight Joe Joyce before Wilder or Fury to show he's worth watching, after the Franklin fight he's struggling with himself as he can't seem to understand why he's not beating fighters like he used to, as others have said Andy Ruiz shocked him then Usyk beating him twice he just can't get his head around it.
Michael5482

Take a bow Terrance Crawford. Just watched the fight back from the early hours, an absolute boxing masterclass from start to finish.

Undisputed at two different weights takes some doing, he'll go down as an all time great no question.
Crumpets

Definitely one of the greats. A world champion for nearly a decade, and one hell of a victim list he's compiled. Always entertaining and dominant. A master of his craft
Realrocknrolla

Would like to See AJ put on a show tomorrow night. Ever since the Ruiz loss he's been a different fighter. Can't see an upset myself although the Fury fans think so!!

Return to “Boxing”