Tonight's boxing

rik

am on wilder odds 5.5
rik

down again what a fight
rik

see about furys stamina if he doesnt finish
rik

think something might be wrong with wilders left hand hes adjusting his glove similar to brezeale fight when he had a problem/broke
rik

think there will be a third fight now??
Tuco

...hope so - if Wilder feels he could do better, he might as well give it a go - never know when you might get another chance.
wearthefoxhat

rik wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:42 am
think there will be a third fight now??
Only If Wilder bulks up a little, 3 stones too much to concede someone like Fury.

T. Fury ..... 116.57kg (trimmed down)
A.Joshua... 113.44kg
D.Wilder.... 104.77kg
rik

he was at a career heaviest today, most expert saying that was a bad idea, but most are experts after the fight
90% of experts after the weigh in were saying fury is too heavy as well, you will definitely lose speed and endurance but maybe if you get bullied as was wilder today more weight is needed, he was literally thrown around sometimes
Afterwards your always more clever, if the few good right hands wilder landed in the first round had an effect that could have made the fight go totally different
wilder was wobbly legged from end of the second round never seed to recover so it got very one sided bit like joshua ruiz 1, think they will probably talk him into doing the rematch, by far most money, chance at redemption/get title back
betting should still have it around 70-30
PDC

rik wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:03 pm
wilder was wobbly legged from end of the second round never seed to recover
The blow to his left ear in the second round is what did him, it was bleeding from that point onwards. His balance (which obviously your ear is crucial for) never recovered. His corner also were gesticulating about his ear as soon as they threw in the towel.

I am no boxing expert but I would be fairly confident that that strike to the ear had a huge impact upon the rest of the fight.
Trader Pat

PDC wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:45 pm
rik wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:03 pm
wilder was wobbly legged from end of the second round never seed to recover
The blow to his left ear in the second round is what did him, it was bleeding from that point onwards. His balance (which obviously your ear is crucial for) never recovered. His corner also were gesticulating about his ear as soon as they threw in the towel.

I am no boxing expert but I would be fairly confident that that strike to the ear had a huge impact upon the rest of the fight.
Agree with that, could have busted his ear drum, wasn't really mentioned by the comms after the fight.

Will be really interesting to see where the heavyweight division goes from here. Wilder - Fury 3 is a given, if Wilder was to win that there'd need to be a 4th! Fury - Joshua would be fun just to see Fury wind up Hearn! Fury is probably the better boxer of the three he could be undisputed champ in 18 months or so.

Only wildcard I see in the division is maybe Usyk, he's the mandatory to Joshua for the WBO so whatever happens the next 2 years or so should be interesting in the heavyweight division.
rik

Alen Babic a big lay at 1.4
Trader Pat

Some fantastic trading opportunities in the boxing tonight.

Katie Taylor went as low as 1.11 early in the fight then drifted out to 3.25 / 3.30 before getting the job done and Dillian Whyte reached 1.02 before being laid out.
Naffman

I love watching Povetkin so glad he managed to pull it out of the fire, people think just because he's 40 he will gas, his fighting weight has been within about 10lbs all his career so he's the ultimate professional.

Would favour him to beat Wilder but would defo struggle against Fury
Realrocknrolla

Ahhhhh nice to come across this thread. My favourite sport to watch.

#UsykChisora this Saturday... cannot wait.

No idea how it will go!
Trader Pat

I haven't seen a lot of Usyk but I hope he can pull it off. Chisora just another in a long ling of over hyped and over rated British boxers.

Return to “Boxing”