Joshua V Usyk

Trader Pat

Joshua found out but I'll suppose he'll take the rematch.

Love this result.. always love to see the proper boxer come out on top
greenmark

Don't have Sky Box office. But really wanter to watch this one. Both Olympic medallists. Both successful at their chosen weight. Usyk seemed the most technical of the two but I honestly thought weight, height and reach woud be enough for joshua. A victory for the art of boxing over hype?
Dublin_Flyer

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:12 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if this went the distance and AJ was outboxed but snowball's chance in hell of Usyk getting a decision in the UK.
Media reporting flurries of snow in Hell :lol:

Great fight though. Usyk looks like every bouncer ever when you're going up to a pub/club and one of your mates is a bit too drunk, and you're just hoping he's a nice bouncer and lets the group in :lol:
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:11 pm
Don't have Sky Box office. But really wanter to watch this one. Both Olympic medallists. Both successful at their chosen weight. Usyk seemed the most technical of the two but I honestly thought weight, height and reach woud be enough for joshua. A victory for the art of boxing over hype?
Its proven beyond doubt that Joshua's boxing skills leave a lot to be desired.

I though AJ's size would have been too much but superior boxing skills came out on top.

Epic performance
Trader Pat

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:13 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if this went the distance and AJ was outboxed but snowball's chance in hell of Usyk getting a decision in the UK.
:lol:

I was even more convinced of that after the Campbell Hatton fight!

I wonder how Tyson Fury is feeling.. he must be laughing and crying a the same time. The mega fight has just gone tits up!
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:16 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:11 pm
Its proven beyond doubt that Joshua's boxing skills leave a lot to be desired.

I though AJ's size would have been too much but superior boxing skills came out on top.

Epic performance
3 inch in height. And 20lbs. To win there is pure boxing skill or perhaps lack of ambition by Joshua. Sadly I'll have to wait for the higlights to filter out into the ether. Bugger!
Dublin_Flyer

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:18 pm
Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:13 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

:lol:

I was even more convinced of that after the Campbell Hatton fight!

I wonder how Tyson Fury is feeling.. he must be laughing and crying a the same time. The mega fight has just gone tits up!
I was looking at the size comparison to Usyk during the fight, Fury is about 6in taller and 25kg heavier than Usyk. AJ v Fury is a non runner at the moment in my view unless AJ can be absolutely AMAAAAZING in the rematch with Usyk with a knock down in rounds 1,2,3 and then a KO.
Even then, Fury could just get the tips/videos off Usyks crew and make shite of AJ! :lol:
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:23 pm
3 inch in height. And 20lbs. To win there is pure boxing skill or perhaps lack of ambition by Joshua. Sadly I'll have to wait for the higlights to filter out into the ether. Bugger!
Ultimately he was just beaten by the far superior technician.

Usyk by far the best boxer he's ever faced and he just had no answers.
Trader Pat

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:31 pm
I was looking at the size comparison to Usyk during the fight, Fury is about 6in taller and 25kg heavier than Usyk. AJ v Fury is a non runner at the moment in my view unless AJ can be absolutely AMAAAAZING in the rematch with Usyk with a knock down in rounds 1,2,3 and then a KO.
Even then, Fury could just get the tips/videos off Usyks crew and make shite of AJ! :lol:

Don't see how AJ beats him in a rematch unless he goes full Wilder and tries to windmill him.

Extra worry for AJ was that he was exhausted at the end and Usyk looked like he had more left in the tank.
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:32 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:23 pm
Ultimately he was just beaten by the far superior technician.

Usyk by far the best boxer he's ever faced and he just had no answers.
Being the unified cruiserweight champion does have some heft. Moving up a weight is a different level altogether. And credit to Usyk for that.
However, I shall have to wait for tomorrow's footy and F1 for my entertainment. Verstappen at the back of the grid, Hamilton 4th. Alonso 6th Russell and Norris elbowing in. Could be good.
And Saints v Wolves plus Arsenal v Spurs. Luvvly Jubbly. :-) Still would have liked to see Joshua v Usyk but such is life,
Dublin_Flyer

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:39 pm
Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:31 pm

Don't see how AJ beats him in a rematch unless he goes full Wilder and tries to windmill him.

Extra worry for AJ was that he was exhausted at the end and Usyk looked like he had more left in the tank.
AJ's "self protection" keeping his head clearly visible over his hands guarding his chest up to adams apple makes me think he'll be clipped numerous times then eventually DINKed in a rematch.

When the result was announced he did an open mouth WTF look for a split second, then walked away smiling, he knew he got the bejebus slapped out of him, he was lucky to last the distance.
Ball is in Usyks court for the rematch as belts holder, he said after the fight he missed his family and kids and wants to spend time with them, so I can't see a rematch happening for a long time, maybe Paddys Day next year or early summer. AJ-Fury is a loooooong way away if ever!
Naffman

Strange how BF still haven't put up the Usyk v AJ 2 market but I guess that's where they're going wrong these days ie no forward thinking.

If I had to price it I'd have Usyk 1.45ish, AJ has been found out at last, a good fighter but easily not the best of his generation.

Return to “Boxing”