Classic money saving expert 1st goalscorer overound thread

A place to discuss anything.
freddy

I Remember getting an e-mail from a trader friend of mine as this was actually happening and then watching the overound touch 100% :lol:

amazing scenes
mugsgame

This is top quality stuff - I love the change in tone of the posts as the penny drops.
LeTiss

I'd love to know the final outcome, especially for 'Reason' who was £12k down

I've never read that thread before, that was 10 minutes of great entertainment.

Page 2 suggested BF was going to help them, and not chase the debts. If that was the case, it shows how the company has changed in the years since!
freddy

Gambling debts are not enforcable
So they couldn't go after them for money that wasn't in their accounts even if they wanted to.

but i dont know what betfair actually did,
either they voided the market or just left the people with negative balances, carn't remember now.
CaerMyrddin

High quality stuff. :D

I wonder who got all the money in the pocket?
Euler

This is an all time classic and a good reminder to read the rules. I wasn't on this market but it would have been a golden opportunity for the astute.
cashflow

The best bit is the blaming of betfair.

A fool and his money as they say
Crazyskier

cashflow wrote:The best bit is the blaming of betfair.
IMO Betfair did have some blame as they should never show an overround percentage on a market where multiple withdrawals / voids / non-runners are inevitable.

They certainly would have had a tough time in the English law courts attempting to recoup gambling debts to clients that hadn't completed a credit-act-compliant credit application prior to wagering.

Just my tuppenyworth...
jimibt

whilst it was a scary read, would you seriously just jump off the cliff like that without having at least had experience or knowledge of the implications of voided selections?.

a parable about the blindness of greed. i wouldn't have wanted the guys involved to suffer more than they did, but tbh, it's borderline as to whether i have a lot of empathy for the scenario that they got themselves into. that said, there have been many experiments conducted which show that when a critical mass all repeat the same mistake, the others follow (and then some...)

Return to “General discussion”