Jol to Fulham

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

I like Jol but I can't help thinking that a move from Ajax to Fulham isn't particulary smart? Big shoes to fill after last season and Fulham are carrying a massive amount of debt. I don't think it conducive to out performance.
Online Trader

Still not a done deal yet and he can still be backed @ 1.5 (went out to 3+ yesterday)
CaerMyrddin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... um=twitter

I checked the market when I got the new, but someone had already hoovered it. What raises the question, how do you get the most recent news?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

When you dig under the surface at Fulham things are not great so it would be a brave manager to join them at this time. I think Jol has made the right decision.
CaerMyrddin

You just skipped the question, Peter ;)
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Probably somebody at the club I guess. Betfair have two millions customers so somebody is bound to have the inside edge.
CaerMyrddin

That makes sense to me. I think some kind of events should be monitored by betfair, this is pretty much like inside trading.

Eriksson's price has shortened, btw.
andyfuller

Happens in many markets - horse racing probably being where it is seen most.
CaerMyrddin

My guess would be something like big brother, were a few know the winner before it goes public. ;)
Online Trader

CaerMyrddin wrote:That makes sense to me. I think some kind of events should be monitored by betfair, this is pretty much like inside trading.

Eriksson's price has shortened, btw.
Very difficult for them to pick it up though, say a person in the know who works for Fulham (or Ajak) calls a friend who has no connection to either and tells him to lay the ass off Jol as he is not coming... this would be very hard for anybody within Betfair to connect ;)
PeterLe

It always helps getting the info first; that's for sure!

There may be a few people on here who has has been around a while who will remember..many years ago it was often possible to trade knock out style TV programs, live whilst the decision was being made live..

I remember one contest (cant remember the name), but after it was announced that an act was being sent home, they were still were still available to lay on Betfair! At the time, I thought I had found the Holy Grail; little did I know things would change!
Does anyone else remember similar occurrences ??
Regards
Peter
CaerMyrddin

Very difficult for them to pick it up though, say a person in the know who works for Fulham (or Ajak) calls a friend who has no connection to either and tells him to lay the ass off Jol as he is not coming... this would be very hard for anybody within Betfair to connect
You made a good point ;)
It always helps getting the info first; that's for sure!
That's what i'm looking into ;)

Unfortunately can't remember those markets. First TV show I tried to trade was the song festival, but found out I was late at all the time, someone (or many ones!) had a better streaming than I did.
Last edited by CaerMyrddin on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaerMyrddin

Return to “Football trading”