Cell Flash Macro

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
blueport

Hi,

I'm looking for a macro that will make a cell flash when the conditions in that cell change. More specifically when the odds move up or down.

Something similar to the flash that occurs on the ladder screen when the odds are matched.

Is this possible to do without adversely effecting the performance of a sheet?

Cheers,
Simon
PeterLe

Hi
You don't need a macro...you can use conditional formatting...if you google it there are some tutorials..
Thanks
Peter
blueport

Hi Peter,

To make a cell flash on and then off once I'm pretty sure a macro is required.

I've been searching the net for a few weeks now and cant seem to find anything close to what I require.

Thanks,
Simon
TheTub

This spreadsheet has cells that flash up with the last traded price:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2085

But I'm not aware of any conditional formatting that will indicate the change in value of a cell. A macro could do it but you would need to monitor the value, record it, do it a second time, compare values and if values are different cause a cell to be filled in a different colour. But this would be intensive looping just for this. Especially if you are talking about multiple cells too.

Unless anyone knows any different?
PeterLe

blueport wrote:Hi Peter,

To make a cell flash on and then off once I'm pretty sure a macro is required.

I've been searching the net for a few weeks now and cant seem to find anything close to what I require.

Thanks,
Simon
Hi Simon
sorry I misread your original post..I think you can only change the background and font colour depending on th cell value which is not what I think you want.
There are some good web sites out there where you could ask the question..from memory there is one called mrexcel.com
Regards
Peter

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”