possible problem with excel through Gaurdian ??

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
herbie

tonight I was trading football through gaurdian. I set up my markets for game 1 into excel, loading unders 2.5 into betangel, u3.5 into betangel 2, correct score into betangel 3. The game started and not much action... then I added the same markets for game 2 which was due to start 30 minutes later... here's the problem...
Gaurdian placed game 2 markets into the square moving game 1 markets about but didnt move the excel sheets with them... I then had to quickly move the excel sheets around to fit the markets... Am I doing something wrong... can you help please?

regards
Herbie
toptrader

did you remove the old markets when they closed? if you add new markets you have to tell guardian which sheet to point the excel link to otherwise it can't know where to link these to.

if you add any new markets into guardian in the same order as the old one, then remove suspended markets, guardian helpfully preserves the same sheet order so will start to refresh the new markets (but BE CAREFUL you add these in exactly the same order as the old ones!)
herbie

Thanks for your response and advice Toptrader.

There was no suspended markets, all markets were active and in use.
The game 1 markets which had excel pages attached were in play, so being used... I then wanted to start on game 2 at the same time as game 1 was inplay...
If I'm right it means once you have set up guardian with excel... you cant add in without reconfiguring excel sheets.
Is there some way that once the excel sheet has been attached to a particular market, it stays with that market where ever it is placed?

Does betangel have an opinion or a magic answer for this please?

thanks
herbie
herbie

part solved my problem.. I had guardian list set to volume so it re-jigged all markets to volume size leaving the excel sheet where it was.

So now I've now set the listing on excel to active to keep excel sheets at the top.. cant work out if this is hard or me being stupid

cheers herbie
LeTiss

Whenever you enter markets into Guardian with a view to placing them into Excel, never sort the list before designating sheets to them

If you sort the list first, whenever you then delete a market from Guardian it throws the sheet order into absolute chaos
toptrader

Easiest way is to:

(1) set it all up in advance so guardian points to the excel sheets you want(no, guardian cannot predict what sheet you want the market to point to!) for as many markets as your spreadsheet can cope with

(2) then when the markets begin to close, add some more in exactly the same order (e.g. win market first, then the under/overs etc...

(3) click 'remove suspended markets'

Guardian will now have your new markets pointing to the right sheets.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”