Storing SP as a stored value

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
simonv74

Hi,

I'm trying to make a rule that would only fire if the actual SP was between a range, storing the range using a servant file for the top and bottom odds as a stored value, then I want to checkpoint the SP and if it's between the range then place the bet, but I can't find any option to store the SP, is there a way this is possible via other means?
Dallas

There isn't an option to store the value of the SP but you could store the last traded price as the race turns in-play
Jukebox

BA is aware of the SP - so you can refer to the SP in conditions and fire a bet according to the conditions you set in reference to it - so you could set a fixed odds condition range for the SP by setting an upper and lower limit and then have a relative odds condition to fire your bet if the now price of your choice is higher or lower than SP by x many ticks or whatever.
Dallas

I've just re-read you OP you don't need to store the SP for what you're wanting to do,

Just store the value 'shared' of the top and bottom your range using Servant context
then for your bet rule use 'Place at Actual SP'

Then use the two stored values as your conditions
ie, greater than stored value 'A'
and less than stored value 'B'
simonv74

Thanks Dallas, that's what I've been trying to do but there is no way to compare the stored value against the SP.

I don't want the bet to fire if the SP is outside of my stored context prices for the market.
simonv74

Jukebox wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:14 pm
BA is aware of the SP - so you can refer to the SP in conditions and fire a bet according to the conditions you set in reference to it - so you could set a fixed odds condition range for the SP by setting an upper and lower limit and then have a relative odds condition to fire your bet if the now price of your choice is higher or lower than SP by x many ticks or whatever.
That's the current rule I have but I need to edit it each time for every race, I want to have one automation file then define the odds range with the servant.
Dallas

simonv74 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:52 pm
Thanks Dallas, that's what I've been trying to do but there is no way to compare the stored value against the SP.

I don't want the bet to fire if the SP is outside of my stored context prices for the market.
If you're placing the bet at the off the 2nd suggestion I made should work as the 'last traded price' can be tested to see if it's within the range you set

If your triggering later in the race then the 1st option would be the better way to do it
simonv74

Dallas wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:38 pm
simonv74 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:52 pm

If you're placing the bet at the off the 2nd suggestion I made should work as the 'last traded price' can be tested to see if it's within the range you set

If your triggering later in the race then the 1st option would be the better way to do it
I need to know if the SP is within the range before the bet goes in though, LTP could be far away from the SP.
simonv74

I have requested it as a feature, hopefully can be included in the next BA release!
Dr Ginhog

Hi Simon,
Why not after say 4 secs in play allowing for sp's to generate set a signal for the selection if it falls greater than x less than y and use that signal as part of any trigger condition later.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”