Amounts On Offer To Be Matched

Good Idea
82%
Not Needed
18%

Total votes: 44
BetScalper

Hi,

I would like to be able to access the amounts on offer at the best back and lay price for each market selection via Guardian automation without having to use Excel as this slows things down and means purchasing addtional software.

This would be very useful in helping to decide if I should join the queue on either side or jump in front/behind.

Example:

Selection A has £3,000 waiting to be matched @ 1.90, therefore I dont want to join the queue at that price but I might want to join @ 1.89 or 1.91 etc.

I have created a Poll so people can vote if they think its a good idea or not needed.

THanks,
Kafkaesque

Great shout. Would go so far as to call it a great idea, rather than the good idea in the vote.
jimibt

i would probably add that in addition to it being a GREAT shout, it is possibly of more relevance for automation, so maybe that should be highlighted.

imho, anyone doing manual trading will SEE this data anyway and therefore would quite rightly vote a NO on this. Automation is of course blind to everything other than data, therefore in that context it's a no brainer and of immense significance..., so it's a YES from me!!
BetScalper

jimibt wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:25 pm
i would probably add that in addition to it being a GREAT shout, it is possibly of more relevance for automation, so maybe that should be highlighted.

imho, anyone doing manual trading will SEE this data anyway and therefore would quite rightly vote a NO on this. Automation is of course blind to everything other than data, therefore in that context it's a no brainer and of immense significance..., so it's a YES from me!!
+ 1 :)
BetScalper

Kafkaesque wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:03 pm
Great shout. Would go so far as to call it a great idea, rather than the good idea in the vote.
+ 1 :)
mcgoo

+++1 :)
gsa

jimibt wrote:

YES, this would be great for automation! In the ladder screen you can see all odds (not only the best) with the available money to back / lay. So the BetAngel-Software has already the necessary data available and would just make this accessible for the automation. Shouldn't be to complicate to program ;)
BetScalper

gsa wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:53 pm
jimibt wrote:

YES, this would be great for automation! In the ladder screen you can see all odds (not only the best) with the available money to back / lay. So the BetAngel-Software has already the necessary data available and would just make this accessible for the automation. Shouldn't be to complicate to program ;)
+ 1 Thanks for your input. Many of us have the same thoughts. Obviously manual traders see the additional details and therefore have voted not needed. However, BA is pushing automation, so it makes sense that available amounts on offer to be matched should be available on decision making triggers.
ShaunWhite

All functionality comes at a cost to performance. It might be trivial at each step, but if BA exposed all of information it could (commercial license restrictions aside) then it would eventually have an impact. I think the No votes are just as likely to be automation users who'd never have a use for it, as much as manual traders being awkward.

I think it's worth noting too that that figures you want change at an extraordinary pace when markets are active, hitting a given price is hard enough, but spotting a key volume figure is a magnitude harder when the available volume is changing maybe 50 times a second.

It might be an interesting figure to have in quiet markets, but I'd never used it.... so I'll abstain from voting and leave the scrap to the interested parties.
mcgoo

As an "automatotron" :D :geek: the attached shows ..I think...why this could be useful . The money at lay_price 1..(2.9) sat there for a full minute...and it had already moved up once or twice.It appeared to be spoof money but not "scared" to keep driving the market higher.My bot happened to catch it and sat just above it but the price obviously could have easily gone the other way if it was pulled.It would be great to be able to track this sort of stuff and create SV's or signals for when Lay_price 2 &3 are tiny in comparison. :ugeek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BillBoshTwo

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:55 pm
All functionality comes at a cost to performance. It might be trivial at each step, but if BA exposed all of information it could (commercial license restrictions aside) then it would eventually have an impact. I think the No votes are just as likely to be automation users who'd never have a use for it, as much as manual traders being awkward.

I think it's worth noting too that that figures you want change at an extraordinary pace when markets are active, hitting a given price is hard enough, but spotting a key volume figure is a magnitude harder when the available volume is changing maybe 50 times a second.

It might be an interesting figure to have in quiet markets, but I'd never used it.... so I'll abstain from voting and leave the scrap to the interested parties.
Shaun, I respect your views :) but I have no use for much of the manual stuff available in BA but I don't vote things down when others suggest things. Maybe I should.
weemac

:lol: By abstaining, he's actually helped the cause of those who've voted for it!
jimibt

in truth, the way i view software is that it's either a human (UI) API or a software (automation) API. therefore, where possible there should be a crossover match on what's available to both. In the brave new world around the corner, robotic automation is already doing this with legacy UI applications as well as software API driven apps. I kinda know this, as this is exactly what my day job entails ;) !!
BetScalper

What I and others find strange is the fact that its mentioned in the Help guide under Excel integration as being potentially a good idea when to open a trade.

I am not knocking Shaun as he helped me when initially opening my trades using Excel and then letting BA/Guardian manage my trades going forward. And I thank him for that (It can't be done) excellent advice. :)

As I stated in my original post, my issue is that using Excel creates an additional overhead. :(

I might be completely wrong but looking at Peter's YT videos I am pretty sure he takes into account the amounts on offer in the queue on either side before confirming his MANUAL decision making.
ShaunWhite

BillBoshTwo wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:49 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:55 pm
but I'd never used it.... so I'll abstain from voting and leave the scrap to the interested parties.
Shaun, I respect your views :) but I have no use for much of the manual stuff available in BA but I don't vote things down when others suggest things. Maybe I should.
I don't vote things down, but I'm also not going to vote for things I don't need either, hence the abstention. I'm ok leaving that to people who have skin in the game.

With BA having a very limited development budget then personally, I'd freeze it for 12months and focus on giving some areas a radical 2018 re-write rather than tinkering. A step back in order to go forward so to speak. First thing I'd do would be to allow Guardian to run in asynchronous mode and ditch the way it has to cycle, that would certainly pep things up a bit and help all the guys who complain about having to run multiple BA's. I'd also improve the reporting side a LOT too so that you could analyse your results by automation strategies much easier, or chart your entries and exits if you're a manual guy. BA is a good front office product but an equally impressive back office with daily/weekly/monthly reporting would be something to help maintain it's best of breed status. I know there's always Excel but not everyone wants to or has the skills to design and write analytics and the current BA exports are a bit clunky.

I come from a position of being involved with a city product that totally dominated from about 85 until 05, it was in 95 of the top 100 asset management firms, but they didn't re-invest heavily enough, and now it's pretty much vanished. The time you feel dominant is the time you're most vulnerable. BA's architecture has it's roots in 2005, if it's still going to be best of breed in 2025, maybe it's time for version 2.xx rather than another 1.xx?

Return to “Suggestions”