Betdaq 2018 stats

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
PDC

I saw this on twitter and thought it might be of interest, the reliability is impressive almost 2 years with no unplanned outages:

Betdaq stats.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

I had a conference call with them last week and they told me Bet Angel users doubled their turnover there this year. So things look like they are heading in the right direction.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:20 pm
I had a conference call with them last week and they told me Bet Angel users doubled their turnover there this year. So things look like they are heading in the right direction.
.... In the right direction for a nice big Xmas bonus for you by the sounds of it, you need some incentive to stay on board. When someone needs you more than you need them you can get some great deals, 0% lifetime commission should be the minimum.... Otherwise warn them there might be a Pexit :D
Euler

No bonus or special deals for me. If you wed yourself to a commercial deal you tend to lose your moral compass. Let's be thankful that there is a bit of momentum there.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Well done to you/Bet Angel for allowing users to access the product free of charge.

I'm planning to get a Betdaq account for the first time in the new year. Will be interesting to see the liquidity and how things shape up overall.
jimibt

i opened my betdaq account about the same time as i started using BA (about 4 years ago). I never serioulsy used it but did at the time get my API access free (on both betdaq and bf), which is something i've dabbled with a few times, even creating a little cross exchange arbing platform back in the day. those opportunities appear to have gone but i may look back to see what other opportunities exist across the exchanges in today's brave new world!!
PDC

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:32 pm
Euler wrote:
.... In the right direction for a nice big Xmas bonus for you by the sounds of it, you need some incentive to stay on board. When someone needs you more than you need them
I would think the fact Peter said a month or two ago something along the lines that he had already made double on Betdaq this year than he had last year, is compensation enough with no Premium Charge and only paying 2% commission.
jimibt

PDC wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:05 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:32 pm
Euler wrote:
.... In the right direction for a nice big Xmas bonus for you by the sounds of it, you need some incentive to stay on board. When someone needs you more than you need them
I would think the fact Peter said a month or two ago something along the lines that he had already made double on Betdaq this year than he had last year, is compensation enough with no Premium Charge and only paying 2% commission.
it does get confusing trying to read between the lines on the betdaq stuff as this was said a few months back also:
Euler wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:23 pm
My bad, I misread the post, sorry about that.

We have regular discussions with Betdaq but our budget is really limited by it being a free product. So I don't know when or if any enhancements will be made. It's really a case of up upgrading it in between other things.

We really could do with a lot more users as that may allow us to leverage Betdaq more and get funding for more upgrades.
PDC

I don't think I saw that post before Jimibt from Euler, it reads like Betdaq have been paying for the development of Bet Angel for Betdaq or at least contributing to it. Which does seem to go against Peter's post earlier in this thread:
Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:29 pm
No bonus or special deals for me. If you wed yourself to a commercial deal you tend to lose your moral compass. Let's be thankful that there is a bit of momentum there.
I suppose that could be read that Peter himself doesn't have any special deals which doesn't exclude Bet Angel from having a deal.

Personally I am amazed Betdaq don't pay Bet Angel for a lot more of the development of the software, I think they should in order to bring it up to a closer match with the Betfair software.

However, I can see why Betdaq may be reluctant to pay for the development of third party software, in particular just one, and then down the line the vendor could charge for the software and reap the rewards and Betdaq have no IP rights despite paying for it.

One deal I hope never happens is a revenue/profit share between vendors and the exchanges in terms of taking a cut of revenues or profits of clients or what exchanges earn from clients. I have heard that this was what vendors wanted in the past but it could all have been a case of Chinese whispers and it never was.

There seems to have been a deal of some sort at some point in the past as you have other vendors as well who launched free software and continue to offer it for free. And it reminds me of the saying that if you aren't paying for the product you are the product.
invisiblelayer

Betdaq had there own software around 2008 at the top of my head called Betdaq trader, matched bets are shown different to Betfair but another software shows the amount matched the same as Betfair so can compare. If punting or trading last 5 minutes then it looks a great alternative to Betfair. The on course bookies use Betdaq to hedge so seems very active around then and with the way markets are changing like USA style its them last few minutes the big punters hit the markets so can only be a good thing for them going forward for racing markets.
spreadbetting

PDC wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:37 pm
I don't think I saw that post before Jimibt from Euler, it reads like Betdaq have been paying for the development of Bet Angel for Betdaq or at least contributing to it. Which does seem to go against Peter's post earlier in this thread:

As far as I was aware Betdaq pay all the software vendors to provide their Betdaq products for free and possibly have a revenue share in their too like an affiliate type thing, that's why many promotions are usually web site only, Betfair used to do similar where they'd waive the commercial charges to anyone providing an API app for free, that was one of the reasons certain software got a large userbase quickly before charging.

I've no idea if what Betdaq pay cover the charges fully or give a decent return but none of the vendors are providing Betdaq software out of the goodness of their hearts.
jimibt

my point (irrespective of who pays for the development) was that on one hand a few months back we're hearing that the betdaq version doesn't have enough user base to push further development, then we're hearing that the free BA version accounts for 50% of all betdaq revenue...
Euler wrote:
that's where i'm lost -does that now mean that there's almost certain to be an update to take advantage of the betdaq streaming api, plus other bells and whistles added (signals etc)?? :D
PDC

jimibt wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:52 pm
then we're hearing that the free BA version accounts for 50% of all betdaq revenue...
I haven't seen that stated anywhere?
Dave Angel

I would love to see £0.50 automation on Betdaq/Betangel ... beats practice mode and it's something you can't do on Betfair.
jimibt

PDC wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:04 pm
jimibt wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:52 pm
then we're hearing that the free BA version accounts for 50% of all betdaq revenue...
I haven't seen that stated anywhere?
sorry, i've misquoted: Euler said: I had a conference call with them last week and they told me Bet Angel users doubled their turnover there this year.

there is ambiguity about whether that's betdaq turnover, or BA users turnover..

Return to “Betdaq exchange”