Betdaq 2018 stats

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
PDC

I can see how it could be confused but I am sure he is saying Bet Angel users doubled their (not Betdaq's) turnover.
jimibt

PDC wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:18 pm
I can see how it could be confused but I am sure he is saying Bet Angel users doubled their (not Betdaq's) turnover.
yup - so one way or t'other, betdaq should be thinking about financing a 21st century version that incorporates their core streaming api..
Euler

If you look at the timing of the launch of the Betdaq product in 2008 that should tell you everything you need to know as to why the product was created.

Any funding we have ever received falls far short of what would be required even for the development of the product, let alone supporting it. But of course, we will ask for funding for the product, but we are not dependant on funding and the product was not created for that reason. We have often gone substantial periods without any funding at all, so to imply that's a motive is incorrect.

All that aside, I need the product to exist so that I can trade on Betdaq. My earnings from that far exceed anything I could ever realistically expect to get for in terms of development funding from Betdaq, so that's the biggest incentive. As long as I continue to trade on Betdaq, then the product will probably continue to exist in some form, whether it's funded or not.

Betdaq probably doesn't earn enough at 2% to make a significant contribution, so it's a bit of a chicken and egg syndrome.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”