New beta version of Bet Angel v1.52.0 - Now on general release

Dabbla

Bet Angel wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:15 pm
The Soccer Relegation markets aren’t tagged very well by betfair. They tag them with the market type ‘UNDIFFERENTIATED’! So your best option is to use a text filter and use the word ‘relegation’.
Im still have trouble finding the EPL relegation market. I have all the other English relegation markets just not the EPL. Any clues to finding a path ?
Dallas

Dabbla wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:00 pm
Bet Angel wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:15 pm
The Soccer Relegation markets aren’t tagged very well by betfair. They tag them with the market type ‘UNDIFFERENTIATED’! So your best option is to use a text filter and use the word ‘relegation’.
Im still have trouble finding the EPL relegation market. I have all the other English relegation markets just not the EPL. Any clues to finding a path ?
Use the text
English Premier AND Relegation
Dabbla

That doesn’t work for me. I have tried a few permutations but nothing.
relcoup.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

If you untick the 'Filter by Market type' option it will show for you
You can also untick the 'Filter by Country' to as its not serving any purpose when filtering by the text your using
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dabbla

I can replicate your solution for the search lists but not in the coupons editor.
Football Live.bcf
Dallas

Dabbla wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:59 pm
I can replicate your solution for the search lists but not in the coupons editor.

Football Live.bcf
If you untick that same 'Filter by Market type' option it will show for you in the coupons too
Dabbla

Sorted cheers, I unticked the wrong filter.
sa7med

downloaded the server edition of this on my vps but its not running when i double click it. tried to download twice.
Euler

sa7med wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:36 pm
downloaded the server edition of this on my vps but its not running when i double click it. tried to download twice.
You probably need to unblock the download, right click the file and select unblock.
convoysur-2

Hi Lads.
Ive been having a problem the last 7-10 days .Betangel stops working .a little box appears and says in it -Betangel has stoped working--
and then gives me the option to close the programe ,so i close and restart betangel and it works fine again,
I was wondering if its my Cpu -Because every thing else is fine and working on my PC ,And within Betangel ,Its just that one thing with the Betangel Stops ,
If it continues what should i do ? reinstall the older version ?
Thanks in Advance,
Marc
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Marc,

Do you use the browser embedded into the Bet Angel Desktop page to browse any third party sites? Sometimes a misbehaving web script can crash the whole environment.

If not, briefly describe how you use Bet Angel (manual trading, automation, Excel etc) so that we have a profile to compare against any other reports that come in. Currently this is the first issue of this type to be reported with the beta.

Also, let us know which, if any, anti-virus software you run. Avast & BitDefender have both caused issues with .Net applications in the past, but as far as i’m aware the current versions of that software is ok.
firlandsfarm

Euler wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:10 pm
You probably need to unblock the download, right click the file and select unblock.
Hey thanks Euler, that little snippet resolved the same problem I was having installing the Proform Racing software on my new VPS. :)

But I'm having a problem installing Bet Angel. The Server version gives me an "error code 6" and to contact BA. I also tried the non-server version and you get a Betfair error in that my connection is coming from a restricted country! (The VPS should be Amsterdam located but the supplier did volunteer that they don't know where the traffic joins the Internet and that it could be Seattle where their HO is via a VPN.) I can probably get the VPS moved as the supplier has more than one location but Betfair were of little help to advise which are unrestricted countries (the guy didn't know the difference between a VPS and a VPN). All they would recommend is I should connect in the country my device is located. What they expect people to do when on holiday is anyone's guess, including their's! Anyway my question is … is error code 6 a location/restriction problem or something else … just like to get that cleared up before going to the hassle of trying to resolve server-side issues.
Dallas

The server edition of Bet Angel can only be used on VPS's that are supplied by Bet Angel

If you try and install it on a regular PC or a VPS supplied by someone else you'll get the error code 6

You'll, therefore, need to ensure you install and use the regular version and speak to you VPS supplier about ensuring the VPS is located in a country where Betfair is permitted.
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:52 pm
The server edition of Bet Angel can only be used on VPS's that are supplied by Bet Angel

If you try and install it on a regular PC or a VPS supplied by someone else you'll get the error code 6

You'll, therefore, need to ensure you install and use the regular version and speak to you VPS supplier about ensuring the VPS is located in a country where Betfair is permitted.
Thanks for confirmation Dallas but how do I find out where Betfair is permitted? My VPS supplier is not going to know where Betfair is permitted and Betfair is not telling me either. I have no problem using the 'regular' version of BA … I have no idea what the perceived 'advantages' are of the server version so won't miss them. :)
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:03 pm
Dallas wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:52 pm

Thanks for confirmation Dallas but how do I find out where Betfair is permitted? My VPS supplier is not going to know where Betfair is permitted and Betfair is not telling me either. I have no problem using the 'regular' version of BA … I have no idea what the perceived 'advantages' are of the server version so won't miss them. :)
You can run a search on Google and you'll a few sites listing them
https://www.betminded.com/countries-bet ... -8091.html

I'd have thought you'd want to use a VPS located here in the UK, then you'll have no connection problems and it will have a faster response time to the BF servers than if it was located in an eastern European country or even further away

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”