Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

BetScalper

What’s going on, I can’t place bets via BF mobile app ?

What happens to my keep offset bets ?
Dallas

JasBarrow wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:59 pm
As a trader if you got into the habit of always placing your closing positions in the market at the same time as your opening positions, and also using the Take SP function in the event of these outages wouldn't you stand to just lose a small amount if anything when the market is eventually reconciled?

So for example I place a lay bet at 3.30 and the back bet at 4.50 way outside the money... if there's an outage I can relax to an extent because as long as the back and lay stakes in the market add up to zero then I can only stand to lose a fraction of the liability if I would have been caught out with just my original lay bet taken and no back bet on the other side.

Or am I missing something?
Y, that's a sensible way to do it and where Safety Servants can help by doing it for you
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15199

Some further options here
https://www.betangel.com/blog/betfair-e ... age-crash/
Kai

Exchange is back for me. Just 10 minutes too late dammit.
Kafkaesque

Euler wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:21 pm
If somebody wants to collate the outages on this thread into a spreadsheet with dates or something. I'll happily take it to Betfair.
Fair offer, but wouldn't you just be bringing them something, which they are already fully aware of? And have already decided upon a strategy, of sorts, to deal with?

A more pertinent question could be: Would major media outlets be interested - with said list of outage dates in hand - in a story on how a hugely innovative idea, which won the founders major awards on that basis, has come to this? That might wake up some sleepy fellas at the top of the food chain at BF HQ :shock:
JasBarrow

Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:03 pm
That's a strategy I use when I'm nervous about the exchange going down or missing the start of a race that doesn't go in-play, but it does have a few drawbacks. Particularly, a non-runner results in the lay bet set to take BSP and without knowing what price you'll eventually get it's hard to estimate your closing back trade.
Not perfect youre right but its reduces the overall risk
JasBarrow

Dallas wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:09 pm
JasBarrow wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:59 pm
As a trader if you got into the habit of always placing your closing positions in the market at the same time as your opening positions, and also using the Take SP function in the event of these outages wouldn't you stand to just lose a small amount if anything when the market is eventually reconciled?

So for example I place a lay bet at 3.30 and the back bet at 4.50 way outside the money... if there's an outage I can relax to an extent because as long as the back and lay stakes in the market add up to zero then I can only stand to lose a fraction of the liability if I would have been caught out with just my original lay bet taken and no back bet on the other side.

Or am I missing something?
Y, that's a sensible way to do it and where Safety Servants can help by doing it for you
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15199

Some further options here
https://www.betangel.com/blog/betfair-e ... age-crash/
Cool some food for thought there!

I can't take credit for the idea i'm sure I saw a video on Bet Angel TV mentioning it :)
Dallas

Emmson wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:50 pm
Euler wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:47 pm
Once again, it's amusing to see how many full time professional traders on twitter missed the outage. :lol:
Yes I noticed that, some of these characters are marketers before they are anything else.
Surprising there hasn't been more who have cottoned on to this
Derek27

15:00 Newbury still not settled but markets active again. Whose's gonna be first to get stuck in? ;)
Naffman

You'll all be back on Betfair tomorrow ;)

Aussie traders have no choice tbf :lol:
Dallas

Naffman wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:30 pm
You'll all be back on Betfair tomorrow ;)
I can guarantee I won't be ;)
Derek27

I'll be trimming the grass.
Naffman

Fine then next Saturday ;)
Euler

Still not settled on Betfair, so no idea what damage awaits.
eightbo

Settled.
Horse Racing / Newb 18th May : 1m Grp 1
megarain

One of the few sliver linings of a Betfair outage, is the
Opportunity to wind up the Betfaircvs twitter support person.

It’s developed to an art form .. and just a question of tone before they lose it and post something they shouldn’t, which normally gets taken down a while later.

It’s decent sport-and I enjoy it temendously.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”