Swing Trade using Top & Bottom of Traded Range Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file for use on Pre-Race Horse Racing markets.

The purpose of this bot is to look for the top and bottom of the traded range of the runners in row’s 1, 2 and 3 and look to open a position to hopefully catch a swing trade if the price moves back through its traded range.

The bot will be armed and active from the final 7 minutes up till 1 minute before. With a minute to post it will green up just to ensure there are no bets taken in-play.

If the prices reaches the top of the range a £10 back bet is placed at the best reverse price, if not matched within 30secs it will be killed, if it is matched it will place an offset with greening bet at 7 ticks with a trailing stop loss at 3 ticks.

If the prices reaches the bottom of the range a £10 lay bet is placed at the best reverse price if not matched within 30secs it will be killed, if it is matched it will place an offset with greening bet at 7 tick with a trailing stop loss at 3 ticks.

The above will be repeated so long as there are no unmatched bets in the market (ie, both the opening and offset bet have been matched before it can trigger again)

Defining a Range

The bot will define a range as follows;

When approaching the top of the range the traded volume at the best lay price must have more than £2000 traded but be less than 50% of the traded volume of the best back price.
The 2nd and 3rd best lay prices must also have less than £1000 traded at each.

When approaching the bottom of the range the traded volume at the best back price must have more than £2000 traded but be less than 50% of the traded volume of the best lay price.
The 2nd and 3rd best back prices must then have less than £1000 traded at each, on a ladder it would look like this

Swing Trade Ladder.JPG

How it Works

Each back and lay rule uses three ‘Stored Value’ conditions to test for the traded range

On the back bet rule, the first condition tests the traded volume at the lay price is less than 50% of the traded volume at the back price

The next two conditions, test that there is less than £1000 at the 2nd and 3rd best lay prices

The ‘Number of unmatched bets’ condition tests to ensure there are no unmatched bets on the selection
The ‘Fill/Kill bet time condition’ ensures another opening bet is not accidentally triggered between the opening bet being matched and the offset bet being placed (ie, it’s a safeguard to further ensure another opening bet can’t trigger until both the previous opening and offset bet have been matched)

The last condition tests there has also been at least £2000 been traded at the lay price (this prevents the rule triggering if it goes through the top of a range and into prices where only a few hundred has been matched.

On the lay bet rule the first condition tests the traded volume at the back price is less than 50% of the traded volume at the lay price

The next two conditions, test that there is less than £1000 at the 2nd and 3rd best back prices

The ‘Number of unmatched bets and ‘Time since Fill/Kill’ conditions are the same as described above for the back bet rule.
The last condition here is also identical to the one used in the back bet rule except it tests there has been at least £2000 traded at the back price for the same reasons detailed above.

To use the file just click on the following Swing Trade using the Top and Bottom of Range.baf and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.
Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hepburn

Thanks Dallas new toy for the weekend :D
JTEDL

Great work Dallas, think this will be popular for sure.
Derek27

Cheers Dallas, that's the sort of thing I was planning for my first venture into automation so I might just pinch it. :D
Dallas

Thanks, guys

peachflame

I'm getting a message when trying to import this rule saying unable to import as weas created on different version of bet angel and incompatible?
Dallas

peachflame wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:54 pm
I'm getting a message when trying to import this rule saying unable to import as weas created on different version of bet angel and incompatible?
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=15760
Kurtz

Thanks Dallas

Kind of having a day off today (watching the Cricket) so I'll pop this on today's card and see how things went later.
Autolearner

Hi Dallas

Thank you for your amazing generosity, helpfulness and support as always

I had a go at applying this in Practice mode to 8 races today picked at random. In two of them nothing fired (which is fine - presumably the conditions weren't met). But all of the other 6 ended up with minor reds. My sense is that this is because the stops kicked in each time.

Apologies if these are newbie questions but
a) Are there particular characteristics to look for in a market which might make this sort of approach more appropriate
b) Are there any issues about extending the stop loss range

Ah - PS the 9th race generated a green!
Dallas

Autolearner wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:53 pm
Hi Dallas

Thank you for your amazing generosity, helpfulness and support as always

I had a go at applying this in Practice mode to 8 races today picked at random. In two of them nothing fired (which is fine - presumably the conditions weren't met). But all of the other 6 ended up with minor reds. My sense is that this is because the stops kicked in each time.

Apologies if these are newbie questions but
a) Are there particular characteristics to look for in a market which might make this sort of approach more appropriate
b) Are there any issues about extending the stop loss range

Ah - PS the 9th race generated a green!
Thank you for your kind words.

Generally it will work better in H'cap and competitive markets where runners tend to stay in there 'Defined' ranges more.
Markets to be avoided with this type of rule would be the likes of novices, maidens and/or one with a short-priced fav or runners duelling to be the fav.

There are no issues with extending/shortening the stop (the number I chose was just a random/generic number), it could even be removed or replaced with something more sophisticated like when money waiting on one-side well outweighs the other etc
Autolearner

Once again thanks

Will play around with the stops, and will also look at applying to the sorts of markets you indicate

Real sense that there is a whole bunch of benefits to be gained from exploring Automation more, which from my perspective are just “over the next hill” but with the insights of yourself and others on this wonderfully supportive forum are getting ever nearer.
MobiusGrey

Just want to say thanks to Dallas for this one. Tweaked a few conditions and added in a couple of my own and it's had some great results. I can only get it profitable if I run it as a servant and screen which races to apply it to rather than a blanket bot on all markets but it's become a pretty powerful tool in my arsenal.

Hoping it's scalable now :geek:
luckytrader

done about 120 races in practice mode with this automation olso the back the fav then lay it in running close at 15 ticks its the quickest way for any newbie to lose all his bank. 0f the 120 races 60 each 57 of the back the fave and lay of in running ended in red. of the swing trade using top and bottom traded range i had 53 in the red of the 60 . dont know if whoever created the files ever tested them i would advise any newbie to stay away from them and try do manual trading.
greenmark

What were you expecting? Instant pofit from the base rules?
The bots that Dallas creates are just to illuminate what you can do with BA.
I apologise if I sound harsh but you can explore the forum as well as I can (probably better).
No-one will share a profitable bot. If they did it would immediately become unprofitable as everyone jumps on the bandwagon.
luckytrader

was not after profit i ran them in practice mode you must admit its a very bad strike rate .But everyone on this wants to make profit but i dont think anyone will be in profit with that automation IMO. would love anybody to prove me wrong am not having a go at anyone just the results suprised me so i will be avoiding them.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”