Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Dallas

Kafkaesque wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:47 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:42 pm
Ignore this if I'm being dim but....
Whats a HAB?
Opposite of a WAG, I'm guessing ;) Even if I feel Dallas has just coined it. You should patent that nugget, Dallas. You'd be instantly set for life :lol:
Yep, Husbands and Boyfriends

I've not heard anyone say before it just popped into my head earlier tonight, so if it's picked up later we know it was born here
Just checking for HAB.com now :lol:

Or if there are many lesbian players we could see PAW's hit the headlines (Partners and Wifes)
greenmark

HAB is pure quality :D and I don't mind looking like a maniacal idiot.
With due deference to ShaunWhite's sensibilities. :)
greenmark

SCO 1 cyrus 0 ....bingo!!
greenmark

SCO 1 v Cyprus 1
Streuth!
Kai

What a strike, Robbo has got goals in him. There can't be many better left-backs in the world right now.
greenmark

SCO 2 v Cyprus 1
Well I'll be blowed!
greenmark

How come there's no Swiss v England market on betfair?
Euler

I can't see any extra time markets, it looks like they didn't bother.
Dallas

C'mon lionesses
smithsj1

I was doing the lay the draw on the England match and traded out when the goal went in.

Happy days - small stake = small profit. Then the VAR kicked in and I knew that the market would reset but Betfair stilled showed me in profit. That was still the case after the initial 90 mins was over.

Once the match actually settled about an hour after the Match Odds market closed I saw that the trade out was voided and the balance was adjusted.

So with the premier league going to VAR next season what would you suggest that we do with late goals - trade out immediately or wait for possible VAR.

Assuming the latter but just want to get my process right. And I have been using the Automation Lay the draw the method, although not automated in this particular case, would we need to amend that to give breathing room for possible VAR interference?

For the record Betfair Voided Bets for the period in this match from 15:41:05 - 15:42:59 and Betfair Help couldn't tell me what time the bet was Voided other than it was. Equally that information is not on the Void bets tab in Betfair. I have said that for transparency sake that that information should be included in the void bets. Doubt if anything will happen but I have been told that the suggestion will be passed up the line.
Euler

I think it's very very messy at the moment. Certainly a great deal of room for improvement.
JTEDL

Potential nightmare if you've set automation, I suppose a green all selections safety net could be added, time based or profit/loss.
Kafkaesque

JTEDL wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:12 pm
Potential nightmare if you've set automation, I suppose a green all selections safety net could be added, time based or profit/loss.
That would be ideal, but there's two issues with that. First, they often don't do the voiding and resettle until after the match, and secondly when they do during the match, the voided bets are not passed to Bet Angel, so you'll have an all green market with BA but more pertinently reds at Betfair.
JTEDL

Actually come to think of it, a few months back Bet Angel had greened up and voided bet showed in log too. But bet was still open on Betfair.

Back to the drawing board!
Euler

Why don't the exchange have a managed and unmanaged market and let people take their own risk. Markets are great at sorting out there own problems.

Return to “Football trading”