Green at reverse market price

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Kafkaesque

Would I be correct in saying that when using reverse market price to green/close it isn't possible to go a tick above/below the current price? I've been racking my brain for a workaround but have come up empty.

Obviously this would only be applicable when the market isn't competetive and there's a gap between back and lay price. As a for instance, in the (first) example used @Dallas here viewtopic.php?t=14200 where the back price is 5.5 and lay is 6.0, it would make more sense to me to reverse green/close at 5.6, rather than 5.5 as is the default and (best as I can tell) only option at present. Or at least to have the option to do so.
Dallas

Both greening and reverse greening are only available to do at the best prices

You could do a workaround by placing a bet using your net stake to close your position, as a regular bet this can be set at any price, you could then green up after that ie, when the net stake is £0
Kafkaesque

Dallas wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:30 pm

You could do a workaround by placing a bet using your net stake to close your position, as a regular bet this can be set at any price, you could then green up after that ie, when the net stake is £0
Thanks as always :)

If I were to do that, would "close trade profit condition"/"green all profit condition" work in conjuction with that? Or do they be in conjuction with "close trade on selection with greening"/"green all selections" rule to work?

Edit: Or alternatively, if the above is a no go, could there be a similar workaround using a stored value? I'll do the leg work of setting it up, but I haven't gotten my teeth into stored values as yet, so I'm wondering whether a stored value of lowest price traded/matched by me is available. Best as I can tell, only on the market/the selection as a whole is available, right?

Basically my backtesting is showing that it would be a negative EV move with the specific strategy to take losses, and more profitable to take the variance and wait for the price to swing back around when greening. So I'm looking for any which way to do so, while using reverse market price.
Dallas

Kafkaesque wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:58 pm
Dallas wrote:

If I were to do that, would "close trade profit condition"/"green all profit condition" work in conjuction with that? Or do they be in conjuction with "close trade on selection with greening"/"green all selections" rule to work?

Edit: Or alternatively, if the above is a no go, could there be a similar workaround using a stored value? I'll do the leg work of setting it up, but I haven't gotten my teeth into stored values as yet, so I'm wondering whether a stored value of lowest price traded/matched by me is available. Best as I can tell, only on the market/the selection as a whole is available, right?

Basically my backtesting is showing that it would be a negative EV move with the specific strategy to take losses, and more profitable to take the variance and wait for the price to swing back around when greening. So I'm looking for any which way to do so, while using reverse market price.
You could use either of the greening rules (depending if your doing one or multiple selections at the same time)

If using stored values or even just a stored value condition the lowest (and highest) traded price are available - the fat finger bot I posted a few days ago uses that as part of its trigger to enter.
I'm not sure they'd help you in this instance unless your looking to use the lowest price as part of your exit?

I've just remembered about the following servant which should help, that closes using a back/lay rule with a net stake then greens up straight after (explained in the 7th paragraph), so should give you an idea of how to combine the two
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=17245
Kafkaesque

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:26 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:58 pm
Dallas wrote:

You could use either of the greening rules (depending if your doing one or multiple selections at the same time)

If using stored values or even just a stored value condition the lowest (and highest) traded price are available - the fat finger bot I posted a few days ago uses that as part of its trigger to enter.
I'm not sure they'd help you in this instance unless your looking to use the lowest price as part of your exit?

I've just remembered about the following servant which should help, that closes using a back/lay rule with a net stake then greens up straight after (explained in the 7th paragraph), so should give you an idea of how to combine the two
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=17245
Cheers, I'll have a go and poke around the options to see what works best.

Something related, which surprised me quite a bit though, when I started live testing today, was the "point of measurement" for greening/closing profit. I do see - on a second reading - in your thread which I linked in my OP, that you say the minimum profit being requested via a rule as adjudged via the "current" price rather than the reverse price. Despite the whole greening process being centered (in this instance) on the latter.

Surely it makes more sense that it relates to the price, you're actually trying to trade out at? That especially being the case, if there's no solution to the "one tick above/below" query.

Staying with the example from your thread, as it stands, the software offers an options, which would, if there's a profit above 0.00 rule in place, instead of attempting to green by laying 5.6 as the first into that tick for a green of 0.18, would then have to wait for the lay price to drop to 5.6. At which point - assuming the gap between back and lay remains static - it would attempt to green by getting behind in the queue 5.0ish at a likely uncompetetive price, rather being first in at one tick above, at 5.1ish.

I kinda get the sense that I'm among very few to use this, as it's very counterintuitive to how you'd normally green up, and as I've been through too many iterations of automations to count before it became relevant and even then I backed into it half by chance. Still, I hope the coding wizards can see that the above makes very little sense. The option's in the software and you never seem to be do anything half-arsed ;) And the functionality is already there; just needs to be applied in a different spot also. So fingers crossed, you'll have a look at it with the next update.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”