Help with Setting up a Bot

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
ethelion

Hi,
I'm trying to create a bot for the Little Acorns method. I use the Betdaq version (but I also have the Pro version), and I have figured out how to set the lay rules up: lay fav between 1.5-2 odds etc...

I've tried to find out if this has been done before but couldn't see it posted anywhere.

I was just wondering if it's possible to put in a rule to ignore favourites that are 'beaten favourites'? Not sure if this is possible with the Betfair version, if they have access to this info like Betdaq does.
And also how I would go about setting up the staking plan of 2 2 4 6 10 16.....

(I know some users are against staking plans and they like to mention it in the posts, I already know all about why you shouldn't do that, just wanted to know if it's possible to set this up haha :) ).

Thanks for any help.
Kai

ethelion wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:09 pm
I've tried to find out if this has been done before but couldn't see it posted anywhere.
That's probably because people frown upon the advertisement of random betting systems, this is a trading forum after all and not a betting forum.
ethelion

Ok, thanks for your help. Does that mean I can't ask questions about the Betangel software and how to automate things because it's not actually trading?
Archery1969

ethelion wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:37 pm
Ok, thanks for your help. Does that mean I can't ask questions about the Betangel software and how to automate things because it's not actually trading?
You cant put a rule in to ignore Beaten Favourites. Guardian doesnt support form conditions.
Kai

ethelion wrote:
You could try asking questions without making people google the Little Acorn method (whatever that is) to understand what you meant. A cynic would think that you were trying to be clever with the advertising of this method.
ethelion

Kai wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:50 pm
ethelion wrote:
You could try asking questions without making people google the Little Acorn method (whatever that is) to understand what you meant. A cynic would think that you were trying to be clever with the advertising of this method.
Sorry, I see your point. But I didn't want to post all the rules for it in case I get in trouble. So only said about what I needed asking about: the beaten fav and the staking plan (which I know gets a lot of crap).
So it's irrelevant what the method is, I was just wondering if it's possible to use the software for these things I mentioned above.
And I'm not selling it.
sa7med

ethelion wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:04 pm
Kai wrote:
ethelion wrote:
Sorry, I see your point. But I didn't want to post all the rules for it in case I get in trouble. So only said about what I needed asking about: the beaten fav and the staking plan (which I know gets a lot of crap).
So it's irrelevant what the method is, I was just wondering if it's possible to use the software for these things I mentioned above.
And I'm not selling it.
You can do it with excel integration, not with guardian automation
Kai

ethelion wrote:
Kai wrote:
ethelion wrote:
And I'm not selling it.
Well, nothing wrong with discussing whatever staking plan you had in mind or whatever else, there's just no real need to name your thread after what appears to be a betting product with a price tag. I'm sure you can understand if someone were a tad bit sceptical about it from a first time poster like yourself, especially since these sort of things happened many times in the past on this board.
ethelion

Kai wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:13 pm
ethelion wrote:
Kai wrote:

And I'm not selling it.
Well, nothing wrong with discussing whatever staking plan you had in mind or whatever else, there's just no real need to name your thread after what appears to be a betting product with a price tag. I'm sure you can understand if someone were a tad bit sceptical about it from a first time poster like yourself, especially since these sort of things happened many times in the past on this board.
Completely understand, and I agree it looks dodgey being my first post as well. Sorry about that and thanks for changing the title.
ethelion

sa7med wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:10 pm
ethelion wrote:
Kai wrote:

And I'm not selling it.
OK that's good to know thanks. How is the beaten fav automatically put into excel though? I'll look into it as I've never used it before.
sa7med

ethelion wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:54 pm
sa7med wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:10 pm
ethelion wrote:

And I'm not selling it.
OK that's good to know thanks. How is the beaten fav automatically put into excel though? I'll look into it as I've never used it before.
If you have VBA coding skills you could scrape the info from a website like timeform or hire someone to do it for you.
ShaunWhite

Just to clarify about the staking plan, you can't do it in BA alone. As for whether staking plans are valid there may well be people who argue for and against them, but the clearest evidence that they aren't a good idea is to see that the most feature rich betting and trading software (BA supports both) there is doesn't have that feature. There's 100s of features which if used inadvisable would be a problem, so the fact it's not included at all should send a very powerful message.
StefanBelo

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:41 pm
Just to clarify about the staking plan, you can't do it in BA alone. As for whether staking plans are valid there may well be people who argue for and against them, but the clearest evidence that they aren't a good idea is to see that the most feature rich betting and trading software (BA supports both) there is doesn't have that feature. There's 100s of features which if used inadvisable would be a problem, so the fact it's not included at all should send a very powerful message.
Why cannot you do it? If you program and whatever you use, you can do it.
ShaunWhite

StefanBelo wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:35 am
You can obviously do it if you can program. The point of the post was to explain that BA can't and can't for a very good reason.
StefanBelo

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:37 pm
StefanBelo wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:35 am
You can obviously do it if you can program. The point of the post was to explain that BA can't and can't for a very good reason.
The reasoning here was that it is betting not trading. Well, I did not think so.

It seems to be a good idea for trading as well, you can program a rule for beaten favourite/s so initiate trading when set rules are met. Or am I missing something?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”