Multiple Betfair Accounts

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
rik

Does anyone have a second or more Betfair accounts?
I know Betfairs rules state only one account per person, are there any expceptions??
Have a couple of automations that are messing with my manual trading, also it would be a lot easier to keep track of profit/loss for different strategies for example manual/automated trading.
Anyone has 2 accounts linked to each other?
Jim Royle

don`t have linked accounts but come from a large family and they all have accounts even my 102yr old granny which she uses every now and again
jimibt

rik wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:44 pm
Does anyone have a second or more Betfair accounts?
I know Betfairs rules state only one account per person, are there any expceptions??
Have a couple of automations that are messing with my manual trading, also it would be a lot easier to keep track of profit/loss for different strategies for example manual/automated trading.
Anyone has 2 accounts linked to each other?
rik - *we* have 2 BF accounts here at borders central, one that i setup for myself about 10 years ago and another that my *wife* setup around 5-6 years ago. both are used for different purposes and have never caused any issues despite operating from the same ip address on many occassions.

not sure how the BF policy is these days in this regard (i.e. two accounts, same physical address) but I'd assume it's still above board.
PDC

I saw Peter tweeted around Christmas time that his children are now trading and that he is teaching them so he might be able to offer advice on using the same address, physical and IP, for trading if they and him are all trading from the same location.

I thought a while back on here I read that Betfair had stopped individuals have sub accounts but those who had them previously could keep them. Again Peter often talks about running different strategies on different accounts so he will again be able to offer advice on this I would think.
rik

Jim Royle wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:48 pm
don`t have linked accounts but come from a large family and they all have accounts even my 102yr old granny which she uses every now and again

accounts have to be linked due to charges, cant just use an account in a different name risk getting banned
Derek27

I opened a second account for gambling at a time when it was allowed, but I no longer have a use for it and it's now dormant. If you have two accounts you have to use different cards/banks for each one.
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:03 pm
I opened a second account for gambling at a time when it was allowed, but I no longer have a use for it and it's now dormant. If you have two accounts you have to use different cards/banks for each one.
and of course, those attached cards must match up to the name of the registered user (per account)!!
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:03 pm
and of course, those attached cards must match up to the name of the registered user (per account)!!
I remember asking over the phone why I can't use the same card for both accounts and as ever, received a helpful reply from Betfair: "you just can't". :)
PeterLe

Folks
Some of my family have betfair accounts and some trade from the same IP address
Initially, I just dropped Betfair an email explaining if this would be an issue and they said no, as long as you dont break the rules (ie try to dodge the Premium charge, trade against each other etc)...
They wanted KYC for my daughter and my son (who has the same name as me :D ), but all good and Ive had no issues
Regards
Peter
Dallas

When they stopped allowing people to have multiple accounts I asked about other family members opening accounts (who would have the same IP) and I was told exactly the same as Peterle's response above
rik

PeterLe wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:46 pm
Folks
Initially, I just dropped Betfair an email explaining if this would be an issue and they said no, as long as you dont break the rules (ie try to dodge the Premium charge, trade against each other etc)...
They wanted KYC for my daughter and my son (who has the same name as me :D ), but all good and Ive had no issues
Regards
Peter
so you have the same comission points and premium charge on the accounts?
Derek27

rik wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:17 am
PeterLe wrote:
Folks
Regards
Peter
Premium Charge totals both or all accounts but points were treated separately for each account, not surprisingly as it works to Betfair's favour.
PDC

rik wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:17 am
PeterLe wrote:
Folks
Regards
Peter
I read PeterLe's reply as each account is treated as its own entity. So one could be paying 60% PC, another no PC and another 20% PC for example.

I assume this is how Peter Webb's children are, in that Peter Webb pays 40% PC I believe and, whilst they are learning to become super traders the children will not be paying PC.
LinusP

You guys are playing with fire if you normally pay PC and don't have the accounts linked..

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19679&start=30#p200414
spreadbetting

LinusP wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:55 pm
You guys are playing with fire if you normally pay PC and don't have the accounts linked..

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19679&start=30#p200414
You only had to pay what was 'due' though Linus, no penalty charges or account closure.

I've a couple of accounts, annoyingly they removed the API keys I had on one I hadn't used for a while.

Return to “Betfair exchange”