Pick Two Losers For Fixed Risk BAF File

Jukebox

Introduction
I've attached a file that users may find useful in itself or as an example for their own requirements.
It can be used to LAY any two selections for a predetermined fixed liability- the selections are made by using Guardian Nominated Selection 1 and Guardian Nominated Selection 2
You might want to use it where you believe runners have an unlikely chance - because of their draw, form, condition and surrounding company.
Things to watch out for might include
Dogs that will get blocked out by their neighbours in the early bends.
Poor going on one side of the track.
Runners that have been 'brought along for the ride' to help cover travel costs by a yard that brought along their star (and possibly improve the star's chances).
Runners that had a long and arduous journey to the track.
Runners with a long lay off following injury.
Runners that prefer clockwise/anticlockwise tracks

How it works and how to use
The file can be attached in Guardian to all the events of possible interest quite safely as no bets will be made unless you make selections.
Make your two selections using the dropdowns for Automated Nominated Selection 1 & 2 alongside the market in Guardian.
A minute before the scheduled start time the file will collect and continuously update the stored values required for the calculation of stakes.
At 30 seconds before the scheduled start time a LAY bet will be placed on each of the two selections at best available price. The bets although different will total £10* liability if either of your chosen losers should win and the payout although dependent on the odds available will have been calculated to be the same for all others.
*When working with lay liabilities expect some variability of a few pence here and there because of rounding

If you wish to use a different stake take care to change it in the right place - as the stake is part of a calculation it is stored as a value.

To change the stake that the file uses you need only change one value in the rule named YOUR STAKE on the Stored Value Tab by overwriting the entered amount - currently this is 10.00 nothing else should be changed.

I've put a few protections in that might otherwise be a worry when making selections early:
1. If one of the chosen runners is withdrawn and removed from the market before those last 30 seconds - no bets will be made.
2. On odd occassions the best price moves before one of the bets is matched - to minimize the chance of missing out the file will put the order out at Best Price plus a tick (Betfair will still match at best price available)- additionally a Take SP rule will kick in to try get the bet matched at SP - although with lay bets your stakes will need to meet Betfair's requirements to be included.
3. Just in case all runners have been withdrawn with the exception of your two selections then no bets will be placed.
4. If one of the runners slips to 100 or more no bets will be placed - this is yours to change just be sure to change it for both runners.

Take care to test in practice mode that it works the way you expect before committing to live mode. Have fun!
PICK TWO LOSERS FIXED RISK.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jukebox on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wearthefoxhat

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:30 am
Introduction
I've attached a file that users may find useful in itself or as an example for their own requirements.
It can be used to LAY any two selections for a predetermined fixed liability- the selections are made by using Guardian Nominated Selection 1 and Guardian Nominated Selection 2
You might want to use it where you believe runners have an unlikely chance - because of their draw, form, condition and surrounding company.
Things to watch out for might include
Dogs that will get blocked out by their neighbours in the early bends.
Poor going on one side of the track.
Runners that have been 'brought along for the ride' to help cover travel costs by a yard that brought along their star (and possibly improve the star's chances).
Runners that had a long and arduous journey to the track.
Runners with a long lay off following injury.
Runners that prefer clockwise/anticlockwise tracks

How it works and how to use
The file can be attached in Guardian to all the events of possible interest quite safely as no bets will be made unless you make selections.
Make your two selections using the dropdowns for Automated Nominated Selection 1 & 2 alongside the market in Guardian.
A minute before the scheduled start time the file will collect and continuously update the stored values required for the calculation of stakes.
At 30 seconds before the scheduled start time a LAY bet will be placed on each of the two selections at best available price. The bets although different will total £10* liability and the payout although dependent on the odds available will have been calculated to be the same for each if either of the two selections wins.
*When working with lay liabilities expect some variability of a few pence here and there because of rounding

If you wish to use a different stake take care to change it in the right place - as the stake is part of a calculation it is stored as a value.

To change the stake that the file uses you need only change one value in the rule named YOUR STAKE on the Stored Value Tab by overwriting the entered amount - currently this is 10.00 nothing else should be changed.

I've put a few protections in that might be a worry when making selections early:
1. If one of the chosen runners is withdrawn and removed from the market before those last 30 seconds - no bets will be made.
2. On odd occassions the best price moves before one of the bets is matched - to minimize the chance of missing out the file will put the order out at Best Price plus a tick (Betfair will still match at best price available)- additionally a Take SP rule will kick in to try get the bet matched at SP - although with lay bets your stakes will need to meet Betfair's requirements to be included.
3. Just in case all runners have been withdrawn with the exception of your two selections then no bets will be placed.
4. If one of the runners slips to 100 or more no bets will be placed - this is yours to change just be sure to change it for both runners.

Take care to test in practice mode that it works the way you expect before committing to live mode. Have fun!
PICK TWO LOSERS FIXED RISK.baf
Thanks again Juke.

Will test our later this afternoon and report back.
wearthefoxhat

Had to give it a try... ;)

Worked well.

Sc1.GIF
Sc2.GIF
Sc3.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jukebox

Great to see - now you have a way to effectively pick your four winners.
wearthefoxhat

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:45 am
Great to see - now you have a way to effectively pick your four winners.
Nice one.

I can also run the dutch one alongside it too.
Jukebox

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:54 am
I've never tested both files together on different instances of BA - they both use Guardian Selection 1&2 I don't know if they'll clash on the same account.
wearthefoxhat

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:54 am
I've never tested both files together on different instances of BA - they both use Guardian Selection 1&2 I don't know if they'll clash on the same account.
I haven't tried yet...hmmm good point, might crash the internet... :?

Have tried it on horse racing, worked well. :!:
wearthefoxhat

One QQ; Why do the Calc lines point to; in row 1 (betfair order)?

It all work fine, just curious.
Jukebox

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:38 pm

Some of the calculations involve more than one selection and the stored value tab allows you to be specific about which runner's info is required - As they were only calculations anyway I chose to be specific throughout and not rely on 'Current' and make a mistake. The values have been stored for the market rather than the selection. Row 1 is just the default on the General Tab.
wearthefoxhat

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:01 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:38 pm

Some of the calculations involve more than one selection and the stored value tab allows you to be specific about which runner's info is required - As they were only calculations anyway I chose to be specific throughout and not rely on 'Current' and make a mistake. The values have been stored for the market rather than the selection. Row 1 is just the default on the General Tab.
Thanks.
The Silk Run

Dear Jukebox

I'm a very big follower of your content. Extremely knowledegeable, keep up the good work.

Minnie LAI
Jukebox

Thanks Minnie,
Feel free to submit suggestions
Valda

Looks really interesting - thanks for sharing.
Realrocknrolla

The Silk Run wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:33 pm
Dear Jukebox

I'm a very big follower of your content. Extremely knowledegeable, keep up the good work.

Minnie LAI
+1
r00ster76

Hi Juke, I was wondering if this file could be tweaked to pick just one selection instead of two... I tried to edit it myself but I couldn't work it out lol...Many thanks.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”