Stopping Automation if condition not satisfied

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
firlandsfarm

Some automation files are made up of many rules. And some have a market volume criteria that may be imposed at a set time. Is there a way to have a rule that says … "if at this point this criteria is not met then don't bother going any further wasting resources checking something that will be irrelevant." I have in mind football matches. If a certain volume has not been achieved by kick-off then the whole ruleset stops for that market/event rather than continually checking a condition that has failed and will never be satisfied. I see there is a way to stop Servants but cannot see one for Guardian Automation Rules.
firlandsfarm

May I just bump this, I'm trying to reduce the resources wasted by BA checking for conditions that will never be met. For example, for football, I can select a market to add to Guardian by it's volume but that means I have to keep 'adding' from the coupon many times a day and I forget! :( So I add all and check the market when it goes in play and set a Signal but that means BA will continue to check for that signal all through the game.
Dallas

Your doing the right thing by setting a signal at that set time then using it as a condition of later rules but if your looking to automatically remove markets from Guardian or exclude them from being refreshed if an earlier condition is met at a set time then no that can't be done, unless you manually remove it the market will continue to get refreshed and automation files will be checked.

Depending on the markets and how often your checking Guardian you could have those with a signal set trigger a few lay bets at 1.01, that way you'll be able to filter for them quickly in Guardian by sorting by number of unmatched bets
firlandsfarm

Hi Dallas ... I'm not looking to remove the markets, I'm looking to just simply stop the action of the rule on that market/selection. Maybe I'm reading too much into the Stop this Servant rule option or misunderstanding what that rule does. As I exampled, if I have a condition that is applied pre-off (could be market volume at the off) and by failing that condition it becomes impossible for the in-play rules to be actioned is there a way to say to Guardian "don't bother with this rule anymore"? Just like I'm assuming the Stop this Servant rule would do (I haven't got into Servants so have no idea what that rule actually does for a Servant!). I just wanted to explore if I can stop Guardian wasting resources constantly checking a rule that it can never action.
Dallas

An individual rule takes up no resouces to check, a rules file is capable of checking well over 100 rules each time a market is refreshed with no noticable effects.

The reason for the stoppoing of servants rule type is incase you want to run muliple servants during a market, stopping one or all before starting another is a way to ensure they don't conflict with each other.
firlandsfarm

OK thanks Dallas … I'll redirect my research elsewhere. The problem is I'm sometimes getting missed or misfiring actions and wondered if it might be down to BA missing an action because it was doing something else. :)
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:01 pm
OK thanks Dallas … I'll redirect my research elsewhere. The problem is I'm sometimes getting missed or misfiring actions and wondered if it might be down to BA missing an action because it was doing something else. :)
It could be he markets aren't being refreshed fast enough in Guardian for your rules to trigger optimally, The ways around that is increasing the Guardian refresh rate, using restricted refresh on the advanced tab of Guardian or manually removing markets you know dont need refreshing anymore.

When a market is refreshed it won't matter if it has a rules file applied or not and if so how many rules where in that file - unless you where using a lot of stored values and writing them to the log, doing this can cause a slow down over time as the logs build up on each market.
Dabbla

If you just want to make a rule stop then
Make a new (set/modify signal rule) called (STOP),
start it at your cut off time off.
Add the conditons you want, < £2000 ect
In the signals, Name= (STOP) (FOR MARKET) =1

Then in the rule you wish to stop add the condition
Signal set condition
Called (STOP)
For the (MARKET)
Is (NOT SET)
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:45 pm
It could be he markets aren't being refreshed fast enough in Guardian for your rules to trigger optimally, The ways around that is increasing the Guardian refresh rate, using restricted refresh on the advanced tab of Guardian or manually removing markets you know dont need refreshing anymore.

When a market is refreshed it won't matter if it has a rules file applied or not and if so how many rules where in that file - unless you where using a lot of stored values and writing them to the log, doing this can cause a slow down over time as the logs build up on each market.
Learned about that problem ages ago Dallas! The refresh rate is 20ms (and tried 100ms in case it was refreshing too soon and was not getting around to finishing before next refresh) and refresh is restricted to 10 secs before start and 7200 secs after start.
firlandsfarm

Dabbla wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:54 pm
If you just want to make a rule stop then
Make a new (set/modify signal rule) called (STOP),
start it at your cut off time off.
Add the conditons you want, < £2000 ect
In the signals, Name= (STOP) (FOR MARKET) =1

Then in the rule you wish to stop add the condition
Signal set condition
Called (STOP)
For the (MARKET)
Is (NOT SET)
Thanks Dabbla but that's not what I was looking for, I can stop the rule being fired by using the real condition, doesn't need an artificial one … but the rule still runs without actioning because it checks the condition every time. I'm looking to disable the rule so that it just does not run and waste resource trying to do something that is impossible but Dallas assures me the resource is minimal.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”