Data-capture spreadsheet

sa7med

scoobie wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 8:19 pm
sa7med wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 6:32 pm
scoobie wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:30 pm
What do i need to go on to do the same please ? I am not that tech savvy , so any pointers would be great , thankyou.
open the VBA editor in the developer tab on excel, and open the modules and add PtrSafe where appropriate such as above. If you don't have the developer tab then add it in the settings.

Many many thanks for the help. Where is the modules ?
https://www.ablebits.com/office-addins- ... cro-excel/

you want to edit the code in the sheets and in the modules in the VBA editor
scoobie

Fantastic , thankyou for providing the link aswell so helpful , thankyou once again.
Mark-H

Has anyone managed to adapt this spreadsheet to import the historical data that is currently on offer for free? It seems like a fantastic way to check out some new markets while we're in lockdown.

I've taken a look at the VBA but can't for the life of me figure out how to import the data from the Betfair JSON file. I'm guessing that it will probably require processing the JSON using Python to the right layout and then pasting into the relevant data sheet. Am I on the right track?

Would love to know your opinions!

Mark H.
ShaunWhite

Mark-H wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:10 am
I've taken a look at the VBA but can't for the life of me figure out how to import the data from the Betfair JSON file. I'm guessing that it will probably require processing the JSON using Python to the right layout and then pasting into the relevant data sheet. Am I on the right track?
If you google "JSON to CSV converters" you should find what you need.
Mark-H

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:28 pm
Looks like a plan! I'll take a look, cheers.

Mark H.
ShaunWhite

Mark-H wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:10 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:28 pm
Looks like a plan! I'll take a look, cheers.

Mark H.
I hoped my reply didn't sound facetious. But hopefully knowing it's easiest to go via a CSV rather than directly from json to xls will help.... And that's covered pretty well generally and in far more detail than can be explained here. Good luck.
Mark-H

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 pm
I hoped my reply didn't sound facetious. But hopefully knowing it's easiest to go via a CSV rather than directly from json to xls will help.... And that's covered pretty well generally and in far more detail than can be explained here. Good luck.
Not at all. I took a look at what you suggested and you're right. There's also a ton of video tutorials on Youtube covering pretty much everything I was stuck on so with any luck it'll all become clearer as I go along. I just needed pointing in the right direction. Thanks.
murdok

great spreadsheet switesh ;) and thx

I tried to add more than 50 spreadsheet because they are very few and it gave me this error :?

if someone has a spreadsheet that has more than 50 good would be 200 you can share it ?
Emmson

I had my 1st experiment with the Switesh spreadsheet last night, could be a seminal moment for me. :D
DanTheMan1

Good morning all, just wondering if this file still works fine or not? Seems to be a mixed reaction on the thread. If it doesn`t, is there a similar file that captures the same information available anywhere to use? Cheers Dan
Emmson

The dashboard sheet doesn't work for me.
allanmctrader

Dont know if this helps anyone. I was running the latest version of excel (2021). This spread sheet does not work on the later version of excel, so i am guessing a lot of functions have changed.

Rather than trying to alter the code. I got myself an x86 (32bit) version of excel 2010, not hard to get if you know where to look, set it up on my 2nd machine and it all works perfectly with no errors. So just try to recreate the environment it was made in and you should not encounter any problems, means stepping back a few gens but well worth the trouble.

I do have a 64bit version of windows, no issues with the 32 bit excel.
Diginet

Hi,

Does anyone have a copy of this spreadsheet I could use please?

Thanks

Craig
katieee

HI, I can see that this spreadsheet is no longer available, can anyone point me in the direction of an alterative which can collect similar data, or volumes traded at which odds please?
alexanderm1989

Hi all.

It seems i'm only 9 years late to the party!

Unfortunately the Google Drive link doesn't work :-(

I don't suppose anyone is able to share this spreadsheet with me?

Thanks
Mark

Return to “Betfair Data”