Nominate Selections using a Servant to Dutch Later with a Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This combination of a Servant and automation file can be used on any type of market and allow you to quickly nominate selections in a market earlier in the day too Dutch using a simple point and click, then as it gets to 60-secs before the start time the automation file will then take over and dutch all the chosen selections in that market using the staking method 'By book%' and a stake of £25

You can even Dutch a few selections early in the morning then if something takes your fancy later in the day and you want to include them simply open the market up again and nominate the additional selection/s.

Or you might have chosen some earlier in the day but have now changed your mind as the start time gets nearer and want to deselect them, again just open the market and point and click the selection you want to remove.

At the bottom of this post there are 3 files to download, 2 x Servants to select and deselect your chosen selections to Dutch, and a automation file to place the Dutch bets 59 seconds before the event starts
ASC – Dutching Selector
ASC – Cancel Dutched Selection
Dutch Nominated Selections (from Servant)

How to use the files

The ‘Dutch Nominated Selections from Servant' file is to be applied to all the markets in Guardian as shown in the image below.

Guardian Apply Rules.jpg

The two Servants need to be assigned to a shortcut combination in your Servant Manager or to a key of your choice using the keyboard shortcut editor. In the image below I’ve used the Servant manager option.

SM Servants.jpg

All you need to do now is open a market from Guardian onto your ladder or one-click trading screen and simply point your cursor anywhere over a selection and use the combination ‘Alt+left click’, to start the servant which will nominate that selection to be Dutched, then repeat this on as many selections as you want in the market before moving onto the next.

In the image below you can see from the Servant status icon which selections I've pointed the cursor at and started the servant on, these are the runners the Guardian rule will dutch just before the off

Dutched.jpg

To cancel a selection after choosing it simply point your cursor over it and use the combination ‘CTRL+left-click’ to start the Servant that will deselect it.

And that’s it, you can go off and do whatever else you want, trade other markets or leave your PC completly and Guardian will place the bets and dutch the selections you chose 59-seconds before the markets official start time

How they Work

The ASC – Dutching Selector Servant just uses one ‘Set/Modify Stored Value’ rule, and on the stored value tab its configured to ‘Store a Value (Shared)’ which I’ve named ‘dutch’ with an amount entered 1.

The ASC – Cancel Dutched Selections uses the same rule type but the stored value tab is configured to ‘Clear a Stored Value’ named ‘Dutch’
The Automation file also just has a single ‘Place back bet’ rule, which is armed to trigger several time on ANY selection.

The 'Dutch Nominated Selection' file has a 'Place back bet' rule which has a ‘Stored Value’ Condition to test if a selection has a ‘Stored Value (shared) named ‘Dutch’ with an amount of 1
(ie, it’s a selection you have picked with your servant earlier).

There is also a ‘Number of Place bet triggers’ condition to ensure it only trigger once on any one selection.

To use the file just click on the following ASC Cancel Dutched Selection.baf, ASC Dutching Selector.bad and Dutch Nominated Selections from Servant.baf and this will download them to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image below, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just in the images near the top of this.
Once you have it imported the rules you can freely edit any part/s you wish by clicking on "Edit Rules File" in Guardian or the Servant Manager window.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

TIP

The automation file is currently set to trigger on upto 8 selections, you can increase this just by changing the number of times it can trigger on the ‘General’ tab of the Rules Editor

Triggers.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bukkambudhi

Hey Dallas,

I'm not familiar with the servent function.

Could you please explain how to use this servent file briefly.

Thanks,

Bukk
Dallas

Bukkambudhi wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:07 am
Hey Dallas,

I'm not familiar with the servent function.

Could you please explain how to use this servent file briefly.

Thanks,

Bukk
The following post details ways to start/use servants
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15192

After assigning the servant from the OP to a shortcut all you need to do is point your cursor at the selection you want to dutch and start the servant and it will do the rest.

For more information in general on servants please see this page of the userguide
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/servants.html
iain3

Hi Dallas,

Hi, I'd like to be able to manually chose selections to back, in the win market, and have BetAngel back the same selections in the place market automatically.

I asked BA Support and they suggested I use this Servant, but I'd need make to some minor edits. This is totally new to meand I wondered if you'd be kind enough to point me in the right direction, please?

Many thanks!
ANGELS15

This servant is just what I need. Thanks very much Dallas for posting.
Pob

Hi, I am struggling to figure out how to use servants to back several horses per race at unique prices and also on several races at a time. I understand I need to move the servant functions into Guardian? How do I do this as currently as soon as I come out of a market the servants just stop working. Thanks.
Dallas

Pob wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:38 am
Hi, I am struggling to figure out how to use servants to back several horses per race at unique prices and also on several races at a time. I understand I need to move the servant functions into Guardian? How do I do this as currently as soon as I come out of a market the servants just stop working. Thanks.
On the SV tab of the Servant rule add another stored value to store the servant context price (when starting the servant you'll now need to point your cursor at the price you want to place the bet at (not just anywhere over the selection)
SV.jpg

Then on the Guardian rule change the 'Place at' to Stored Value price (an enter the stored value name used above)
SV2.jpg

It will then back all the runners you select at the price you select once the Guardian rule triggers
Pob

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:12 pm
Pob wrote:
On the SV tab of the Servant rule add another stored value to store the servant context price (when starting the servant you'll now need to point your cursor at the price you want to place the bet at (not just anywhere over the selection)

SV.jpg

Then on the Guardian rule change the 'Place at' to Stored Value price (an enter the stored value name used above)

SV2.jpg

It will then back all the runners you select at the price you select once the Guardian rule triggers
Thank you so much for your help so far, I am currently trying to create this. I see on the first image you show in stored values it says dutch for current selection, where is the option to create this and secondly please you say on the 'guardian rule' where is this and is this found elsewhere to the normal servant tab? Much appreciated.
Dallas

Pob wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:37 am
Dallas wrote:
Pob wrote:

SV.jpg

SV2.jpg

Thank you so much for your help so far, I am currently trying to create this. I see on the first image you show in stored values it says dutch for current selection, where is the option to create this and secondly please you say on the 'guardian rule' where is this and is this found elsewhere to the normal servant tab? Much appreciated.
Thats the name i've given to the stored value example rule in the original file,
I'm not sure what you mean about the Guardian rule, all three files are avaliable to download from the OP, the bottom one is the one you import into Guardian
Pob

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:32 pm
Pob wrote:
Dallas wrote:

SV.jpg

SV2.jpg

Thats the name i've given to the stored value example rule in the original file,
I'm not sure what you mean about the Guardian rule, all three files are avaliable to download from the OP, the bottom one is the one you import into Guardian
It was something you said about adjust in Guardian. I am not familiar with 'the OP?' I am sure this is incredibly simple once i know what to do but right now I cannot figure out many aspects of how to make it stop when it has filled a bet to win a certain amount or anything? :? :roll: I find it so frustrating. I am happy to pay the going rate for some help guiding me through as i have spent hours trying to figure it out. I am sure somebody with your expertise could get it running exactly as i wish in minutes. :oops:
Dallas

Pob wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:14 pm
Dallas wrote:
Pob wrote:

It was something you said about adjust in Guardian. I am not familiar with 'the OP?' I am sure this is incredibly simple once i know what to do but right now I cannot figure out many aspects of how to make it stop when it has filled a bet to win a certain amount or anything? :? :roll: I find it so frustrating. I am happy to pay the going rate for some help guiding me through as i have spent hours trying to figure it out. I am sure somebody with your expertise could get it running exactly as i wish in minutes. :oops:
OP is short for (opening post)
If you can set out exactly what you want it to do differently it should be straight forward to advise, from what you've said it sounds like you just want it to stop placing dutching bets once a predicted profit is reached?
even if you select more runners with the servant?
Pob

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:03 pm
Pob wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:14 pm
Dallas wrote:

OP is short for (opening post)
If you can set out exactly what you want it to do differently it should be straight forward to advise, from what you've said it sounds like you just want it to stop placing dutching bets once a predicted profit is reached?
even if you select more runners with the servant?
Thanks, I shall specify exactly what i wish to do.
I pick several selections in a lot of races in the morning.
I would like to back say 3 horses in one race maybe one at 2/1 one at 4/1 and one at 10/1 Prices on these selections is not currently available on the exchange so i would like a servant to back any of them if the price i want for a profit of eg £100. So horse 1 i want to back for £33.33, 2 £25 and 3 for £10. If my order gets filled for this amount to win £100 on the selection then the bot stops. I want to repeat this in multiple races simultaneously through the day backing any of my selections at the price i have asked for until the off time of the race. Should my price not be reached then i am not worried and i am not looking to trade out or anything else. Does that all make sense?
Pob

I am trying to find the opening posts section here but i cannot even find that. :roll:
Dallas

Pob wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:07 pm
I am trying to find the opening posts section here but i cannot even find that. :roll:
Its not a section, a opening post is the first post in any thread

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”