Bet Angel V1.54.2 - Greening Fix from API Issues

Dallas

We are pleased to announce a special release of Bet Angel Professional is available v1.54.2

There are no new features in this release, but it does contain a fix to workaround a unannounced change made by Betfair to their API to prevent consistent attempts to take advantage of bet rounding. This change has resulted in errors occuring and orders now being rejected when greening up with small stakes

We have raised this with Betfair and are awaiting a response to work out a way forward, In the meantime for anyone who is using smaller stakes and has found their bets and green up orders being rejected we'd recommend you download the latest version from the links below

Bet Angel Professional
https://www.betangel.com/securedownloads/BAP_1_54_2.exe

Bet Angel Professional - Server Edition
https://www.betangel.com/securedownload ... 1_54_2.exe

Bet Angel Trader
https://betangel.com/securedownloads/BAT_1_4_4.exe
paspuggie48

Stunning work Dallas.

I have a query;

I have v1.53.1 installed and when I installed this version just now (and to be fair any other 1.54 versions) I still only have version 1.53.1.

Now, it's probably my steam driven laptop and I need new one but has this occurred to any other member?
Dallas

paspuggie48 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:25 pm
Stunning work Dallas.

I have a query;

I have v1.53.1 installed and when I installed this version just now (and to be fair any other 1.54 versions) I still only have version 1.53.1.

Now, it's probably my steam driven laptop and I need new one but has this occurred to any other member?
It was the development team that have worked hard to get this done in such quick time, so all thanks have to go to them.

Providing your installing them to the same directory it should overwrite the previous version.
You could try uninstalling your old version then install V1.54.2, you'll still have all your old files and settings as these don't get removed when uninstalling and need to be done manually.
paspuggie48

Brilliant work from the Dev team, thank you Dallas.

Tried as you said a few times before but could not get it to work on my Win7 laptop. Ended up re-installing 1.53.1 to get BA back working.

Don't worry...when I make a few quid using 1.53.1 I'l go treat myself to a newer laptop... :D :)
MAGTRADEUK

Installed, will find out tomorrow if all ok, I assume it will be. Point to note, I did get some errors reports about installing but suspect thats down to my anti virus software. Hope it all works out ok, well done team. nil pwont for BETFAIR.
spinksta

This works. at least for me. TY.

Superb response and unbelievably quick.
Dallas

MAGTRADEUK wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:24 pm
Installed, will find out tomorrow if all ok, I assume it will be. Point to note, I did get some errors reports about installing but suspect thats down to my anti virus software. Hope it all works out ok, well done team. nil pwont for BETFAIR.
All builds are fully virus checked before being uploaded so are completly safe, but some AV software can give a false positve when its a new piece of software until its been downloaded a number of times and they know its safe.
Dallas

paspuggie48 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:40 pm
Brilliant work from the Dev team, thank you Dallas.

Tried as you said a few times before but could not get it to work on my Win7 laptop. Ended up re-installing 1.53.1 to get BA back working.

Don't worry...when I make a few quid using 1.53.1 I'l go treat myself to a newer laptop... :D :)
It will be worth updating to Windows 10 asap, microsoft have stopped updaing windows 7 now, and earlier this year Betfair updated their security requirements, everyone now needs Win7 with SP1 all updates and Internet Explorer 11 for the extra security ciphers.

So one of the next updates from Betfair will likely mean Win7 users won't be able to access at all
archiebaldy

good evening has bet angel trader been updated for the greening issue?
thanks
Dallas

archiebaldy wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:17 pm
thanks
Not yet, its just the Pro versions for now
archiebaldy

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:20 pm
archiebaldy wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:17 pm
thanks
Not yet, its just the Pro versions for now
thank you Dallas
spreadbetting

Impressive it's been fixed so quick. Any idea if Betfair will close your current workaround? Seems they introduced it to stop rounding and minimum bet abuse.

https://forum.developer.betfair.com/for ... -19th-june

Bet rounding has been going on for years and it is a pain in the ass for most full timers.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We’ll have to have a detailed discussion with them next week as to why this emergency fix had to be rolled out in the middle of Ascot and find a way forward that is agreeable to all.
There has been very little information shared so far; this build is just our best response with the info and time we had available.
RickyBoy

Thanks for the fix however this is still happening for me on the occasional AUS horse race.
Failed on Lay £0.63 at odds of 11.0
Euler

RickyBoy wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:19 am
Thanks for the fix however this is still happening for me on the occasional AUS horse race.
Failed on Lay £0.63 at odds of 11.0
We are not expecting to have a proper conversation with Betfair until Monday, so we have had to guess as to what they have done. So if you do see any exceptions we can investigate further. Thanks for update.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”