Bet Angel V1.54.2 - Greening Fix from API Issues

Euler

From a professional aspect, it's really shoddy to release this in the middle of a major festival, just ahead of the restart of the EPL without warning and without testing or consulting third-party vendors.

I realise they may have had to stop somebody from abusing the system, but they should have given us a chance to know what they have done, why and also given us a chance to respond with changes of our own. The team had to work flat out yesterday afternoon during Ascot to come up with a patch.
RickyBoy

FYI this info may be of some use:
lay £0.63 at 11.00 fails but lay £0.55 at 12.00 passes
Approx 50 AUS horse races were successfully staked between 2.30 am and 7.30 am
This started to fail again from 7.30 am this morning and is still ongoing.
Thanks
PeterLe

You've got a good tech team there behind you Peter :D
Always been spot on since as long as I can remember
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

It feels like betfair are tweaking the parameters of their 'fix' as bets that were allowed through yesterday afternoon are failing again now.
We can tweak our workaround again, but until thy fully explain what they are doing we're not going to be 100% accurate.

Maybe their 'fix' hasn't actually fixed anything and they are still suffering from the initial problem while making things worse for the traders.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We've just updated the build to 1.54.2b with slightly different parameters which hopefully will be good enough to see us through the rest of the weekend!
Same download links as before, just install over the top of the last version.
Diacritical Quark

Can I check what constitutes as minimum bet abuse, from what I can tell online it's people/bots placing lots of very small bets whereby Betfair can't take their % commission due to rounding issues?

The reason I ask is I'm currently testing a bot and have been for weeks now, it usually places bets above the £2 mark but sometimes depending on the odds it can fire a back bet in as low as .70p, bets generally aren't greened.

I've paid commission on all bets and haven't had an email or warning from Betfair but is it wise to maybe look at increasing account size and stakes just in case?
Leeds1919

Diacritical Quark wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:50 am
Can I check what constitutes as minimum bet abuse, from what I can tell online it's people/bots placing lots of very small bets whereby Betfair can't take their % commission due to rounding issues?

The reason I ask is I'm currently testing a bot and have been for weeks now, it usually places bets above the £2 mark but sometimes depending on the odds it can fire a back bet in as low as .70p, bets generally aren't greened.

I've paid commission on all bets and haven't had an email or warning from Betfair but is it wise to maybe look at increasing account size and stakes just in case?
I was also wondering similar and is bet rounding the same as described above?
phrenetic

Does this affect lay bets only, or are back bets affected as well?
captainbang

phrenetic wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:27 am
Does this affect lay bets only, or are back bets affected as well?
I tested before updating this morning and 50p back bets were taken but 50p lay bets were not.

I have just updtaed to the new version and all seems fine fingers crossed
captainbang

Fair play to the BA team by the way as well for getting a fix through so quick. Well done guys
ODPaul82

Bet Angel wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:39 am
We've just updated the build to 1.54.2b with slightly different parameters which hopefully will be good enough to see us through the rest of the weekend!
Same download links as before, just install over the top of the last version.
Thanks dev team for doing this so promptly, as an ex developer I know how difficult it is to put out fixes when you've not even got a spec to work from.
niceday

Im having issue with placing a lay bet for small stakes to green up on football just tried placing a back bet for 75p works fine tried laying at 1.1 for 75p and the £2 bet gets stuck at 1.02 anyway round it have updated to v1.54.2
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

niceday wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:01 pm
Im having issue with placing a lay bet for small stakes to green up on football just tried placing a back bet for 75p works fine tried laying at 1.1 for 75p and the £2 bet gets stuck at 1.02 anyway round it have updated to v1.54.2
We updated it again this morning to 1.54.2b with different parameters for the patch, so if your About box isn't showing that version, then please download again and retry
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:21 pm
We are pleased to announce a special release of Bet Angel Professional is available v1.54.2

There are no new features in this release, but it does contain a fix to workaround a unannounced change made by Betfair to their API to prevent consistent attempts to take advantage of bet rounding. This change has resulted in errors occuring and orders now being rejected when greening up with small stakes

We have raised this with Betfair and are awaiting a response to work out a way forward, In the meantime for anyone who is using smaller stakes and has found their bets and green up orders being rejected we'd recommend you download the latest version from the links below

Bet Angel Professional
https://www.betangel.com/securedownloads/BAP_1_54_2.exe

Bet Angel Professional - Server Edition
https://www.betangel.com/securedownload ... 1_54_2.exe
What would you advise other traders not using Betangel? Would you say not to trade if their software has not had a work around?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:37 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:21 pm
We are pleased to announce a special release of Bet Angel Professional is available v1.54.2

There are no new features in this release, but it does contain a fix to workaround a unannounced change made by Betfair to their API to prevent consistent attempts to take advantage of bet rounding. This change has resulted in errors occuring and orders now being rejected when greening up with small stakes

We have raised this with Betfair and are awaiting a response to work out a way forward, In the meantime for anyone who is using smaller stakes and has found their bets and green up orders being rejected we'd recommend you download the latest version from the links below

Bet Angel Professional
https://www.betangel.com/securedownloads/BAP_1_54_2.exe

Bet Angel Professional - Server Edition
https://www.betangel.com/securedownload ... 1_54_2.exe
What would you advise other traders not using Betangel? Would you say not to trade if their software has not had a work around?
If using smaller stakes and are being effected then yes we'd say leave it until a its been sorted, it was what we were advising BA users do for the first few hours yesterday until we got this fix in place

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”