New beta version of Bet Angel v1.55.0 - now on general release

firlandsfarm

I've experienced the following problem yesterday and this morning …

BA is running with Guardian Automation. Version (according to the Help/About window) "Version 1.55.0.b2".
The Automation is fully active and working as should
But if I click to "Edit rules file" (the current active rules file) I get the following error message …
Unable to open rules file.png
It must be able to open the file or how could it action it!

Anyone any thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The error would normally only occur is you edit an Automation Rules file that was created with a later version of Bet Angel, but you're already using the latest version, so that's odd. Please export the rules and send it to [email protected] and we'll have a look.
Fluence

Please ignore.

I've answered my own question!
Vovsen

Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:38 pm
Vovsen wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:20 pm
Triggering both US and AUS. Havent gotten to sorting this yet, but shows that I can get them to trigger (despite my typo with SeriE A, where I still cant get it to trigger, other leagues included)
Not sure if this has been covered during your discussions with Dallas, but the 'Market Name' it is using to compare is the exact text shown in that left column of Guardian, so if you want to trigger on US markets and not AUS you can use the brackets, because betfair put the country code in brackets. e.g. Your condition would have fours characters (US) and so wouldn't get a false match against the US letters in the word AUS

With regard to you trying to text match against the football leagues. They are not part of the market name, the name is usually Team A vs Team B followed by Match Odds, Correct Score etc. If you want to filter the contents of Guardian by league then do so using a customised Market Filter where you can tailor by country, market types & can search the full path to the market itself.
Would you kindly check if you can get NZL and RSA to trigger?

I uploaded a file of it in my previous post
Dallas

Vovsen wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:29 pm
Bet Angel wrote:
Vovsen wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:20 pm
Triggering both US and AUS. Havent gotten to sorting this yet, but shows that I can get them to trigger (despite my typo with SeriE A, where I still cant get it to trigger, other leagues included)
Not sure if this has been covered during your discussions with Dallas, but the 'Market Name' it is using to compare is the exact text shown in that left column of Guardian, so if you want to trigger on US markets and not AUS you can use the brackets, because betfair put the country code in brackets. e.g. Your condition would have fours characters (US) and so wouldn't get a false match against the US letters in the word AUS

With regard to you trying to text match against the football leagues. They are not part of the market name, the name is usually Team A vs Team B followed by Match Odds, Correct Score etc. If you want to filter the contents of Guardian by league then do so using a customised Market Filter where you can tailor by country, market types & can search the full path to the market itself.

Thats working, all rules are triggering fine, I did notice that on NZL and RSA rules you don't have the 'Write to log' option ticked
NZL.jpg
RSA.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vovsen

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:00 pm
Vovsen wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:29 pm
Bet Angel wrote:

Thats working, all rules are triggering fine, I did notice that on NZL and RSA rules you don't have the 'Write to log' option ticked

NZL.jpg

RSA.jpg
Great, today i learned that write to log must be ticked - thank you!
bps123

Hi wonder if someone could help me; can i use the new marker feature to place a marker on each ladder once i have made my trade? So it marks the price of each ladder once i enter my trade ?
Anbell

If we're still doing requests for this version, it'd be handy to have an account identifier on Guardian.

I often have 4 versions of BA running various things and it can be a bit tricky keeping track of which instance of Guardian pertains to which instance of BA.
THanks.
firlandsfarm

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:53 am
The error would normally only occur is you edit an Automation Rules file that was created with a later version of Bet Angel, but you're already using the latest version, so that's odd. Please export the rules and send it to [email protected] and we'll have a look.
Exactly! It's an 'always on' set of experimental rules that I'm running two versions of, one for horses and one for dogs. It's the horses one that's giving the error message … the dogs can be opened OK so I'm thinking it may be something has upset BA's workings in that instance so I'll try closing and re-opening. Hang on and I'll be back soon …

… OK, so closing and re-opening Guardian alone didn't help (I didn't use the Save Markets option on closing to keep it as clean as possible) but on reopening BA I found the problem … there were no saved rules files in that install! They were listed before closing but whether they were actually there I can't say. I did select a different file from the list to try and open and got the same error message but didn't actually try to run a different file. Anyway I re-imported the files and all is now working as expected. I guess a false alarm for BA. :) I also guess I could have accidentally deleted all the rules files as I have been tidying up the Automation folder for all installs. :( All's well that ends well, sorry to have troubled you. :)
Dallas

bps123 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:42 pm
Hi wonder if someone could help me; can i use the new marker feature to place a marker on each ladder once i have made my trade? So it marks the price of each ladder once i enter my trade ?
There bottom part of this post will explain how you can manually place markets at prices
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=20878
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Anbell wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:59 am
If we're still doing requests for this version, it'd be handy to have an account identifier on Guardian.
We have had similar requests before, so I'll add your vote. Some people have asked for the username to be applied to other screens too such as watch lists and market overview, so we'll probably need a setting that offers a few choices. It touches too much code for a bug fix build for the beta, but we'll consider it for a .1 version or the next full release.
Atho55

Since streaming was implemented to have some of the conditions limited to 1 second increments seems a bit pedestrian so if increments of 1/10s could be implemented that would be handy.

Typically as per the pic below.

HRO.jpg
Adding other items such as Book%, Vol, SV etc etc to the picklist would be a bonus
sionascaig

"The new 'Text Comparison condition' has been added to compare text in the market name against a list of entered text. This can be used with condition grouping to construct more complex AND/OR/NOR text matching conditions"

Thanks so much for putting this in...

In the "list of entered text items" should the test items you wish to check against be in quotes or some other delimiter, e.g. say I wanted to select Nov Stks & Nov Hrds would it be entered as

"Nov Stks"
"Nov Hrds"

at the moment i've just stuck a rule in for each with no quotes (just wasn't quite sure how the logic works)

Thanks
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Atho55 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:27 pm
Since streaming was implemented to have some of the conditions limited to 1 second increments seems a bit pedestrian so if increments of 1/10s could be implemented that would be handy.
Normal price comparisons are limited to whole seconds, but you could store the price of interest in a Stored Value History List and then will be able to compare to the nearest half second using the Stored Value Condition. If you want to compare more frequently than that, you're better off creating your own Stored Values for CURRENT, PREVIOUS, PREVIOUS2 etc to cover the interim updates and roll the data back with assignments. e.g. SET PREVIOUS2 = PREVIOUS; SET PREVIOUS = CURRENT; SET CURRENT = {bet back price... or whatever}; on each update.

Even with disk paging, having to store every single update to the nearest millisecond would soon overwhelm the process and considering most of the data would never be used, it's much better to create what you need yourself with Stored Values.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:57 am
In the "list of entered text items" should the test items you wish to check against be in quotes or some other delimiter, e.g. say I wanted to select Nov Stks & Nov Hrds would it be entered as

"Nov Stks"
"Nov Hrds"

at the moment i've just stuck a rule in for each with no quotes (just wasn't quite sure how the logic works)
Just enter the exact text you want to match with a line break in between. No Quotes.

So....

Nov Stks
Nov Hrds

....would cause the condition to only be true if the market name contained (or ended with) either of those two lines of text.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”