Quick question on Excel binding to Guardian

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
bookbet12

Hi everyone

A newbie question. Hope this is easy enough to answer.

I have a strategy for horse racing based on monitoring price moves and other factors in the period 10 minutes before the off to start-time. I have modified the BetAngel spreadsheet with some VBA code to let me do what is needed and all is working well.

However, in order for my system to work properly, it relies on monitoring prices in real-time (second by second) and with multiple worksheets linked to Guardian it appears that only the "active" Guardian market provides the second by second movement in prices etc that I need for my system.

A simple solution would be for the Excel binding to Guardian to change (say) in line with the market switch time however this appears to work independently of the Guardian binding. So the market will switch in Guardian 10 minutes before the off as specified but the Excel sheet link doesn't change until the previous market is settled.

Basically I'd just like my Excel sheet to "go live" with second by second price refresh and countdown timer etc 10 minutes before the off for each market. Of course I can do this manually but I need this to run as a Bot without intervention during the day.

There are workarounds for this I suspect including opening multiple versions of BetAngel and linking to different spreadsheets so all markets are covered with a 10 minute window for my code to do its thing but would be grateful if there was a simple way of making this happen.

Thanks in advance.
firlandsfarm

I operate a BOT on Greyhound races where the critical period is only 10 seconds before the start time and use "Autobindings" on the Excel tab of Guardian and Restrict Refresh in the Advanced Settings tab and it will automatically switch to the next race when the start time coincides with the Restrict Refresh time. So if you selected to restrict refresh to 600 seconds before the start time that will switch Excel to that market 10 mins before the off. But that means it switches out of the previous race which maybe OK but may not depending on whether the races are at least 10 mins apart and/or if you want to monitor until start time or actual off which is usually delayed. A way of solving this without mentally balancing the clock would be to open an instance of BA and an Excel workbook for each meeting of the day that would give you plenty of time between races. :)
bookbet12

Thanks very much for your reply. I will play around with the refresh as suggested - thanks for the tip. My workaround at present is exactly as you suggest - I have a version of Betangel open for each market and works fine - just being lazy and trying to find a simpler way..:-) Thanks again!

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”