Can I Place a Betfair SP Bet?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Anbell

marketraisen wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:38 pm
So I googled this expecting forum discussion and a quick way to find a thread on it.

I wasnt expecting it to just not be a part of BA at all lol.

Is there really no appetite from users for setting the SP odds limit, as has been available on the betfair website for a very long time?
There's a lot of appetite.
weemac

If this does get implemented, maximum and minimum odds should be able to be set against both backs and lays.
sionascaig

+1
Atho55

+1
firlandsfarm

Thanks for the sudden rush of support for this guys … come on BA as I've said before is it really that difficult to simply align with a Bf facility that's been around for over 10 years!
ShaunWhite

weemac wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:21 pm
If this does get implemented, maximum and minimum odds should be able to be set against both backs and lays.
You can only set one limit on SP bets and it works as lower limit for backs and upper limit for lays. Plus with SP bets you can't cancel them, and you can only amend your limit price in one direction so that you can't effectively cancel them. They're not quite as straightforward to implement as it seems at first.
weemac

Yes, I posted as much on the other new SP thread. I'd sometimes like to back at SP if the price isn't too high, but it isn't do-able.
firlandsfarm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:24 pm
You can only set one limit on SP bets and it works as lower limit for backs and upper limit for lays. Plus with SP bets you can't cancel them, and you can only amend your limit price in one direction so that you can't effectively cancel them. They're not quite as straightforward to implement as it seems at first.
I agree with your correction re limits Shaun but assuming the API allows access to setting a BSP bet (and from my use of another BOT it does) it would be as straightforward as setting a BSP bet in the website. The odds limits are optional. Many people bet to BSP. I have systems that work around BSP so for purity of research I want to bet to BSP. Cancellation is not really a problem, they are as cancellable as a matched bet or just leave placing until a few seconds before the Off.
jimibt

I was going to post a new topic on the suggestions area re this but thought it worth necro-posting here as there's a lot of discussion to clarify exactly why Limit SP is a great idea.

I may be wrong, but the Take SP Unmatched Bets on Selection (Price Dependent) appears to Take SP based on the current price being close to BSP, rather than using the betfair Limit SP functionality - I may be wrong tho!!

So, would like to add support to this idea as a feature enhancement on BA. and btw -thanks for the new 1.56 beta, excellent bunch of new features!!
Anbell

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:13 am
I may be wrong, but the Take SP Unmatched Bets on Selection (Price Dependent) appears to Take SP based on the current price being close to BSP, rather than using the betfair Limit SP functionality - I may be wrong tho!!
This is correct.

+1 for me for being able to place BSP Limit bets
sniffer66

And a +1 from me on placing Limit BSP Bets also
benjay

Hi,

I'm looking at downloading Bet Angel with a view to backing/laying based on BSP. I am a complete novice so excuse my ignorance and hoping this is the right thread. Can a rule be created to back/lay a horse based on BSP? I can't quite put my finger on how to do it from the videos I've watched. My main query on the automation function is that as we know hardly any races go off on the dot and therefore the price at the (advertised) off time will differ from the actual BSP. Any help is much appreciated.

TIA
Dallas

benjay wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:26 pm
Hi,

I'm looking at downloading Bet Angel with a view to backing/laying based on BSP. I am a complete novice so excuse my ignorance and hoping this is the right thread. Can a rule be created to back/lay a horse based on BSP? I can't quite put my finger on how to do it from the videos I've watched. My main query on the automation function is that as we know hardly any races go off on the dot and therefore the price at the (advertised) off time will differ from the actual BSP. Any help is much appreciated.

TIA
Its not clear if you mean backing/laying at the BSP once the race is in play
Or placing the bets pre-off to be taken BSP when BF reconciles them?
Anbell

benjay wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:26 pm
Hi,

TIA
You can place a bet at BSP before the race by placing the bet and then ordering TakeSP

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”