Dutching

The sport of kings.
billbo001

markkirwan wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:37 pm
I dutch the races that the favourite stats are 40% or more (from the racing post site) but the amount of horses vary according to the odds available but I aim for 20%. I've been doing this for a while and the bets win about 80% of the time so I use a good staking plan to enhance the long winning runs but the short odds.
MARKKIRWAN ARE YOU STILL USING THUS STRATEGY IF YOURS AND THE STAKING PLAN?
Xeres

cmuddle wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:31 pm
Hello everyone,

Which races or meetings would be to avoid when dutching the first 4 favourites?

I tried this strategy yesterday and Southwell was deffinitly not good.

Always appreciate your help. :!:

Thank you

Are you dutching and letting the race run through to the finish?

I used to dutch races but it was based on a fundamental handicapping model I built rather than just picking n horses per race. All the factors such as race type, class etc. were all taken into account prior to selection.
cmuddle

Xeres wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:38 am
cmuddle wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:31 pm
Hello everyone,

Which races or meetings would be to avoid when dutching the first 4 favourites?

I tried this strategy yesterday and Southwell was deffinitly not good.

Always appreciate your help. :!:

Thank you

Are you dutching and letting the race run through to the finish?

I used to dutch races but it was based on a fundamental handicapping model I built rather than just picking n horses per race. All the factors such as race type, class etc. were all taken into account prior to selection.
yes I was letting it run and was picking horses randomly, the first 4 favourites.
ANGELS15

Hi Community. On the subject of dutching, I've got a couple of automation files that dutch 4 selections in a race. Currently I have it set up to dutch by book %. In practice what this means for me is if I use say a book % of £16 by the time the bets are placed The total liability is usually around £9 with the potential profit £7 if any of the selections won. This seems to turn the whole bet into a '5/6' or 4/5 chance which means I'll only break even if the bot was successful 60% of the time. Is there a way to set it up so that the potential profit is equal to the total liability so in other words making it more like an even money chance?

I've had fair success with the bot and believe it could be successful more than 50% of the time.
Anbell

ANGELS15 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:13 pm
Hi Community. On the subject of dutching, I've got a couple of automation files that dutch 4 selections in a race. Currently I have it set up to dutch by book %. In practice what this means for me is if I use say a book % of £16 by the time the bets are placed The total liability is usually around £9 with the potential profit £7 if any of the selections won. This seems to turn the whole bet into a '5/6' or 4/5 chance which means I'll only break even if the bot was successful 60% of the time. Is there a way to set it up so that the potential profit is equal to the total liability so in other words making it more like an even money chance?

I've had fair success with the bot and believe it could be successful more than 50% of the time.
You'd need the sum the percentage chances of winning of all four to = 50%
ANGELS15

Anbell wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:19 am
ANGELS15 wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me Anbell but which of the stake options do I select in guardian? There doesn't appear to be a sum percentage option?
Anbell

ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:54 am
Anbell wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:19 am
ANGELS15 wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me Anbell but which of the stake options do I select in guardian? There doesn't appear to be a sum percentage option?
It's not a staking option.

When dutching, your profits depend on the sum of the %s of the 4 horses you're laying, plus or minus your edge, plus or minus the execution, plus or minus the spread, minus commission. If your four horses are 8.0 chances (12.5% chance each) then you'll be at 50% strike rate, plus/minus.

You can increase your 'strike rate' which will decrease your return, or vice versa.

Youve been around a while, so I'm probably misunderstanding your question.
Jukebox

ANGELS15 wrote:
There doesn't appear to be a sum percentage option?
There is an indicator:
As you tick your selections on the Dutching screen the running total Book% of the selection(s) ticked that you've taken is shown just below and slightly to the left of the Place Bets button. If you wanted you can tick or untick selections until you have taken the %age of book you want to be exposed to and aim for 50% - by maybe swapping out a 4th fav for a 5th fav etc. Alternatively if you use the Back for a target profit option you can use the overide the target profit of some selections to get your stake on some and profit on others the same with a break even on yet others. As Anbell has said though - it might be fun for a while but without any method to your selections your longterm risk/reward will only breakeven minus the spreads and commissions.
Anbell

Jukebox wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:47 am
ANGELS15 wrote:
There doesn't appear to be a sum percentage option?
There is an indicator:
As you tick your selections on the Dutching screen the running total Book% of the selection(s) ticked that you've taken is shown just below and slightly to the left of the Place Bets button. If you wanted you can tick or untick selections until you have taken the %age of book you want to be exposed to and aim for 50% - by maybe swapping out a 4th fav for a 5th fav etc. Alternatively if you use the Back for a target profit option you can use the overide the target profit of some selections to get your stake on some and profit on others the same with a break even on yet others. As Anbell has said though - it might be fun for a while but without any method to your selections your longterm risk/reward will only breakeven minus the spreads and commissions.
Thanks for that!

I've not used the actual dutching facility and was just referring to dutching in theory.

I figured I must have misunderstood the question.
ANGELS15

Hi Anbell, Jukebox thanks for your input.

I gather that it's fairly straightforward to get a 100% return on your total staked if you're using the Bet Angel Dutching tool. So if I chose 4 selections for a total stake of £50 across all 4, I could manipulate it so that I win £50 should any of the 4 win. The criteria is that the selection would need to be bigger than odds of 4.0

A few years ago I wished to create an automation that would back 4 selections in a race. I asked the forum and Dallas explained how to create it using staking by book %.

I created the automation file and it does work. The only issue is that because it stakes by book %, lets use an example of £16 which I'm currently using: You tend to get around £9 staked across the 4 with a potential £7 profit should any of them win. This turns the whole bet into a 4/5 chance which means you need a higher than 60% strike rate to be profitable.

I shelved the automation but dug it out recently. I tested it over the last 5 days. It managed to trigger 19 times with 15 successes. I only expect it to trigger 4/5 times a day at best.

The problem I have is that I need the automation to stake so that I get a 100% return on my Durtched stakes.

So my question is there anything in the automation staking that will do this aside from staking by book %
I hope this explains it better?
Anbell

ANGELS15 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:45 am
The problem I have is that I need the automation to stake so that I get a 100% return on my Durtched stakes.

So my question is there anything in the automation staking that will do this aside from staking by book %
No, it's not magic!

You don't have a staking problem. If you have a 50% strike rate then the sum of the % of your 4 picks should be less than 50%
ANGELS15

Anbell wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:54 am
ANGELS15 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:45 am

No, it's not magic!

You don't have a staking problem. If you have a 50% strike rate then the sum of the % of your 4 picks should be less than 50%
Thanks again for your input.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”